Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

There must be something about the numbers 0 and 23. I could see Numbers 0 and 23 on Link and Numbers 0 and 23 on Montverde all four being in the NBA. Impressive games even if they are not putting great numbers right now.

So, so far sounds like we’ve reached out to a certain extent with transfers:

Jaelin Llewellyn Princeton 1/2yrs remaining PG 6’2” 175lbs 33mpg 16ppg 2.5apg 4.1rpg 45%fg 50%2ptfg 39%3ptfg 70%ft

Nijel Pack Kansas State 2/3yrs remaining CG 6’0” 180lbs 33mpg 17ppg 2.2apg 3.8rpg 46%fg 48%2ptfg 44%3ptfg 85%ft

Brandon Murray LSU 3/4yrs reaming SF 6’5” 214lbs 31mpg 10ppg 3.0rpg 43%fg 49%2ptfg 34%3ptfg 68%ft

Will Richard Belmont 3/4yrs remaining SF 6’5” 195lbs 28mpg 12ppg 6rpg 2apg 47%fg 60%2ptfg 33%3ptfg 80%ft
Seems like we are intent on getting a transfer guard. I really wonder if our staff evaluates Edwards as more of a PG or a CG. If more of a PG you would think someone that Murray fits a lot of needs, given athleticism, ability to defend multiple position and score. With nothing more than YouTube video, Llewelyn appears to have more PG skills than others above. Can create off bounce, good handle and based on what I saw even worked on opposing defenders on the block at times with some nifty footwork. Pack is a pure shooter and could possibly walk in the door and lead us in scoring from day one. Barnes could help him a lot in terms of understanding how to be a PG and defend. Richard is a nice player too. I think I would be happy with any of them. Still would like to sign Phillips above all. He could be a stud.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
I think the staff feels decent about the chances of Nkahmoua/BHH/Aidoo/Plav at least progressing a little bit.
Yep I agree. Nkamhoua can be a 10 pt / 6 board guy if consistent. BHH could be a better scorer if he commits to work on craft. Aidoo needs a lot of help with his post play, but has already shown a decent touch facing bucket from 15 feet in, and has upside defensively and with rebounding. Plavsic is what he is, but his physical presence although careless at times was welcomed this year. If he takes another step and develops more in the off-season we have a rotation of 4 solid bigs. No superstars (yet) but there is potential especially with BHH offensively and Aidoo with his defense. Further JJJ playing the 4 at times will continue.

Losing KC, although predictable won’t be easy. Get a solid transfer guard and get lucky and sign Phillips and we are going to continue to be upper echelon in SEC. Just have to find a few more guys who can make buckets when offense breaks down.

Reactions: walkenvol
I know it was just one game so I have no idea how scouts see their potential, but based on the small intangibles on the court, there are two juniors on that court Kwame Evans (Montverde) and Omaha Biliew sp (Link)...go get them.

I wonder if we will reach out to more PG's in the portal. Some of the latest to enter the portal:

1. Courtney Ramey - #43 player coming out of high school.
  2. KK Robinson - #63 player coming out of high school.
  3. Nijel Pack - per your stats above
  4. Keeshawn Barthelemy - #170 player coming out of high school
  5. Mark Sears - 19.6ppg, 6.0reb, 4.1asst, 44.4%FG, 40.8%3PT - I like these numbers and more impressive actual performance versus some high school rating alone
Give us Pack (my #1 PG choice) or Sears, and either Phillips or Reneau, and we’re cooking with rocket fuel.

Other than the Florida connection, not really. Miami isn’t some up and coming team. They had a decent year. I cannot think of one reason I would go to Miami over Tennessee.

Let’s not throw on Orange Shades here. Miami just made an Elite 8 and is historically a better basketball program and in a better basketball conference than Tennessee. It makes plenty of sense.

Reactions: AngryButchJones

VN Store

Back