Texas law effectively banning Critical Race Theory in classrooms leads to inclusion of Holocaust denialism materials

Take it up with the local school board then. You don't need to ban it for millions of students just because you don't like what happened at your school.

Public schools are indoctrination centers and it's less about liberalism than it is about being an obedient little civilian/servant to the state. Critical race theory's sin is that it disrupts that indoctrination.

I fail to see how it disrupts the indoctrination to become obedient little civilian/servants to the state. All I see it doing is creating differing classes within the obedient civilian/servant paradigm (good dark people and bad light people), but obedience to (or more likely dependence on) the state is still required.

Reactions: allvol123
It's a good thing that racist Al Gore Sr was not re-elected in 1971. Would you have preferred they re-elected Gore Sr? Sasser was elected in 1977 and Tennessee had a Democrat governor in the late 1970s. They have elected democrat Senators and governors since the 1960s.

Your original argument was false. Tennessee also had two Republican governors in the early 1900s and some Republican presidential candidates won Tennessee as well prior to the 1960s.

It's a good thing Tennessee eventually chose not to have anything to do with the racist dixiecrat dems like Gore Sr. You should be proud.

Your counter argument is point to 2 Governors 40-50 years prior as saying that Tennessee WASN'T heavily Dem? Dude, just stop.

TN House and Senate was 70-80% Dem almost every single election from like 1987 to the Civil Rights movement. In fact, only the 1913 election was the ONLY time in 100 years that the party gap wasn't 3/1 or better. Literal decades straight of Dem Governors and a century between the last time they had a Republican Senator. Immediately after the Civil Rights movement, literally every single one of those changed, and the numbers have never flipped back to anywhere close to as heavy as they had previously been.

And again, it's already been established that POTUS elections don't tell very much. POTUS elections have always had a higher variance than state and local elections when it comes to party lines.

Last edited:
You refuse to acknowledge one of the main reasons Carter won is that he won all but one of the Southern states. If not for that he would have lost to Ford. It was a close election.

Therefore the election of 1976 also proves that the "southern strategy" by Republicans is a complete myth.

You do realize Jimmy Carter was a Southerner don't you? Is it really that surprising that a Southerner was more relatable to other Southerners? Or that people were apprehensive about voting for the protege of a POTUS that resigned in shame?

The Dems have been trying to sell this farce that southerners overwhelmingly started voting republican in the mid 90s and early 2000s due to our being racist and anger over the civil rights act for almost 30 years and it isn't working. The dems have been trying to obfuscate the fact they were and are still the party of racism, that they have become the party of the coastal elites and are out of touch with flyover country.

Now, in all honesty the Republicans have their own sets of problems mainly being that they are trying to be Democrats and are also out of touch with average Americans. I'm just tired of the complete falsehood that southerners are racist and the Dems lost the south because of it, the most racist people I have ever met are Democrats from the north east.

I fail to see how it disrupts the indoctrination to become obedient little civilian/servants to the state. All I see it doing is creating differing classes within the obedient civilian/servant paradigm (good dark people and bad light people), but obedience to (or more likely dependence on) the state is still required.

Because it teaches about our history of institutional racism and to not trust the government, politicians, the criminal justice system, etc. Hell, it teaches to not trust our history as public schools have been teaching it.

Reactions: NashVol11
What difference does that make? Is that some kind of excuse to indoctrinate or punish the children of today?

I was just noting that you seemed to indicate that the black and white photos of the civil rights movement were 160 years ago.

I made no other commentary, pump your brakes.

You've yet to provide any substance or evidence to any of your posts.
I have stated actual facts which happened for 40 plus years after 1964. And now you keep repeating the same nonsense.

The democrat party is the party of racism. Always has and always will be. As the south became less racist over the years they started voting more for Republicans.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Because it teaches about our history of institutional racism and to not trust the government, politicians, the criminal justice system, etc. Hell, it teaches to not trust our history as public schools have been teaching it.

It should teach the bold, but somehow I don't think it is having that effect. I imagine it is more along the lines of, "The government may have been racist and untrustworthy before, but you need to trust it NOW so that we can even the playing field so that the other class of indoctrinated civilians/servants isn't at an unfair advantage".

The Dems have been trying to sell this farce that southerners overwhelmingly started voting republican in the mid 90s and early 2000s due to our being racist and anger over the civil rights act for almost 30 years and it isn't working. The dems have been trying to obfuscate the fact they were and are still the party of racism, that they have become the party of the coastal elites and are out of touch with flyover country.

Now, in all honesty the Republicans have their own sets of problems mainly being that they are trying to be Democrats and are also out of touch with average Americans. I'm just tired of the complete falsehood that southerners are racist and the Dems lost the south because of it, the most racist people I have ever met are Democrats from the north east.
I've met some older people over the years who said they supported the democrat party since they were young. Which leads me to believe that a lot of it just has to do with party affiliation regardless of the views that are being pushed.

I've heard more racist comments over the years from white democrats than any other group. Which is why I never took some of them seriously with their outrage over Trump.

It's strange the obsession democrats have over losing the south over the years. I understand in a way as to why. Their first president was from the south and the party got back to power in the late 1800s due to their support from the south.

I have stated actual facts which happened for 40 plus years after 1964. And now you keep repeating the same nonsense.

The democrat party is the party of racism. Always has and always will be. As the south became less racist over the years they started voting more for Republicans.

I had to audibly laugh at that one.

You do realize Jimmy Carter was a Southerner don't you? Is it really that surprising that a Southerner was more relatable to other Southerners? Or that people were apprehensive about voting for the protege of a POTUS that resigned in shame?
You still don't get the point. And that is the main reason Carter won is because he won the South. Therefore that election along with others since the 1960s disproves the "southern strategy".

And I'm not saying anything bad about Carter. He's in my opinion one of the few good democrats elected at the national level over the years. It's was actually his own party that sabotaged his presidency.

I was just noting that you seemed to indicate that the black and white photos of the civil rights movement were 160 years ago.

I made no other commentary, pump your brakes.
Even in the 60's black and white photography was still very popular. The notion that they used black and white photographs in textbooks was some kind of racial motivation is ludicrous. That was my point.

Brakes are sufficiently pumped.

Prove me wrong.

Which part? That the South is less racist or that you provided any sort of substance to your posts?

I've literally shown you the trend, starting immediately in the election after the Civil Rights Act was enacted. Since Reconstruction, Tennessee had never voted more Republican than they did in the elections following the Civil Rights Act. Locally, they went from being a heavy Dem state, that had a 3/1 advantage over Republicans in both the State Senate and the House, to a moderate Dem state with less than a 2/1 advantage in the Senate and 50/50 split in the House.

And I haven't even got into the advantages Dems would have had from the injection of the AA vote.

It should teach the bold, but somehow I don't think it is having that effect. I imagine it is more along the lines of, "The government may have been racist and untrustworthy before, but you need to trust it NOW so that we can even the playing field so that the other class of indoctrinated civilians/servants isn't at an unfair advantage".

Just like conservative indoctrination over the years has taught us exceptionalism and to trust the government, I suppose.

The problem isn't the subject, the problem is indoctrination in general. You can ban this topic but you are not fixing indoctrination. In 20 years, it's going to be a point of shame for these states that curriculum confronting our history on race was banned from our schools. Bank on it.

In others words…REPARATIONS!!!
So I don’t know that reparations, or any “solution” is a core component of CRT but my understanding is that there were CRT advocates/theorists in the late ‘90s who did suggest this. There has also been some advocacy for a race-based quota system in hiring or admissions. My limited understanding is that it is more of some people using CRT, to advocate for reparations rather than CRT itself suggesting reparations. Like I think a critical theory just seeks to help explain a problem, I think the solutions people come up with based on that understanding are distinguishable. That may be wrong.

To me, it seems like it proposes some plausible factors for some features of race relations in America, but isn’t especially persuasive, on its own, because it is too often used to mask or ignore other factors like individual choices, subcultures, and merit.

I don’t think it should be foundational to a curriculum but also think the way it’s being addressed by legislatures seems stupid and counter productive.

Do you know why CRT came to be? In part, it was a response to revisionist histories being codified in textbooks. Textbooks used in public and private schools alike, encouraging students to refer to slaves as immigrants or servants, including homework assignments requiring students to list potential benefits of slavery, claiming that slaves were happy with their lot in life, etc.

Many textbooks actively use black and white scans of color images from the Civil Rights era to make it appear that it was longer ago than it actually was.

CRT is a response to the teaching of an intentionally incomplete history.

They don’t teach that Africans sold their own people into slavery either. People act like whitey went and rounded up black people like cattle and brought them here.

Reactions: davethevol
Hold on.

Wait for it.

Just another second.

Bwahaaaaaa

I didn't expect some of you to care. Dudes in Jim Crow era didn't care. People opposing civil rights didn't care. People opposing MLKjr out of Marxist concerns didn't care.

Just think about how much you hate wrongly being called a racist by strangers and then picture your grandkids asking, "damn, did they ban these ideas because they were racist?"

Last edited:

VN Store

Back