Thanks, Coach Fulmer.

So, let's see, you APPROVE of the physical image he portrays as a coach to young recruits. We want our recruits to model themselves after his physique? I'm very familiar with the onset of age and how one's appearance and body isn't what it used to be. By the same token, when your career involves physical fitness and trying to get young athletes to condition themselves into being the best they can be, what message does it send when you profess one thing then you do another? No wonder you're the last fulmerite.

This is dumb. Bill Parcells and John Madden say GTFO as well. The fat man lost one home game while I was at UT from 1995-1997. He won them all in 1998 as well.

Reactions: 3 people
Or...or....instead of taking the easy way out (ie divorce) they could've worked on it to fix it. That's the problem these days. We make a commitmen, and at the first sign of trouble, we give up on it. Marriages don't last 50 years without working through some rough times.

Fulmer didn't get fired at the first sign of trouble. The first sign of real trouble was in 2002 and it never really got fixed afterwards. Yeah, there were some band aid seasons like 2006 and 2007, but the trouble signs were still there even in those years.

Fulmer didn't get fired at the first sign of trouble. The first sign of real trouble was in 2002 and it never really got fixed afterwards. Yeah, there were some band aid seasons like 2006 and 2007, but the trouble signs were still there even in those years.

NFL Draft numbers tell the story.

2004-2013: 35 total Vols drafted- CP, JH, MR and MJ weren't Fulmer recruits so call it 31
17 in first three rounds - minus CP & JH = 15.

1994-2003: 71 total
37 in the first three rounds

First ten years were great, but second ten years couldn't compare. Sounds like my marriage.

No doubt of my respect for what Fulmer did for us,but he seriously had no clue how to fix the problems 02-08..probably sealed his fate brick by brick with the Dave Clausen move...
(Too soon for this tie in?)

no, that's an opinion. Receiving 6,000,000 is a fact

Anything but generous? Wow. Just wow

What about how Majors was treated? He left a national championship team and a great legacy at Pitt to come home and take over a decimated UT team because of his love of the University. Pitt was on top of college football at the time BECAUSE OF MAJORS. Because of Majors' love of UT, he took on the massive rebuilding effort and brought us back the national stage. Because of Majors, Phillip was able to take over a juggernaut of talent and depth. I will be the first one to acknowledge that Majors got himself fired, but so did Phillip.

6,000,000 isn't generous??? Unbelievable

First, this debate is about CPF, not CJM. 6 million is generous, but the humiliating way in which he was fired was not.

10-2 in 2003, 9-2 in 2004? Yeah, I bet you were just crying about those years when they happened. I bet you were in tears when they beat Florida, UGA, and Bama in the same year. Get over it. You use hindsight as logic. It isn't. At the time, it was a kneejerk reaction to appease a few people with money.

Reactions: 6 people
No doubt of my respect for what Fulmer did for us,but he seriously had no clue how to fix the problems 02-08..probably sealed his fate brick by brick with the Dave Clausen move...
(Too soon for this tie in?)

Problems? He won 28 games from 2002-04. Average of 9.333 wins a year. He won 57 games from 2002-08. That still averages more than 8 games a year. My god, that is so absolutely terrible and broken.

First, this debate is about CPF, not CJM. 6 million is generous, but the humiliating way in which he was fired was not.

I agree. I have never said anything to the contrary. That's the only manner in which he was mistreated. You act as though Fulmer automatically deserved 6,000,000

10-2 in 2003, 9-2 in 2004? Yeah, I bet you were just crying about those years when they happened. I bet you were in tears when they beat Florida, UGA, and Bama in the same year. Get over it. You use hindsight as logic. It isn't. At the time, it was a kneejerk reaction to appease a few people with money.

I loved 2004, the problem was that the Vols turned around and went 5-6 the very next season.

UT's firing of Fulmer was a knee-jerk reaction??? A knee-jerk reaction would have been firing him after the pathetic performance in 2002

Move on. You don't know enough about it to provide a legitimate debate.

Reactions: 1 person
Problems? He won 28 games from 2002-04. Average of 9.333 wins a year. He won 57 games from 2002-08. That still averages more than 8 games a year. My god, that is so absolutely terrible and broken.

It's not acceptable for a top ten program of all time. No other school in our class has ever held on to a coach that had a run like 2002-2008

Was it great? No, it wasn't great. But it certainly was better than how people make it out to be.

By listing cold hard facts? There's no one manipulating the data. It's you not accepting reality or it could be that you just don't know any better. It's one of the two things

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
By listing cold hard facts? There's no one manipulating the data. It's you not accepting reality or it could be that you just don't know any better. It's one of the two things

You act like he went 5-7 every damn year since 2001, you act like he never beat Bama, Florida, or UGA in that time frame, you act like they weren't ranked, you act like he said "screw you, I'm going to destroy the program", all of which are false. Would you have rathered the man had left for a pro job after 2001 like Spurrier did? No, because then you'd be complaining that he wasn't loyal. My god, get off your entitled high horse. I'm going to come on here if Jones doesn't win 9 games in 3 years and act like you.

VN Store

Back