Thanks, Coach Fulmer.

I agree and you have put into a great perspective. The problem is, I am not going to sit back and watch CPF being attacked and me personally insulted without answering.

I understand and wouldn't expect anything less.

Which is why I said both sides need to stop. Personally I'm not commenting on the subject anymore cause it's more destructive than anything else and it really doesn't matter what others opinion is.

I think my main point is. That it's sad on a fan forum you can't say anything nice about a past coach with out him getting slammed. The only coach's that are safe is Neyland and Jones(for right now anyways).

Again we should try and be respectful to all the fans and encourage them to celebrate the Vols anyway they please.

Last edited:
You asked me about my background. Wasn't that questioning my qualifications?

Not as far as fandom is concerned. If you love the Vols, that's all that matters with being a fan. I was questioning your qualifications as to your perspective of how the HC position is evaluated and the ability to determine whether or not a coach has outlived his value.

As far as how the University treated him, they should have waited until the end of the 2008 season to fire him. They did not though, mistreat him.

I was not blessed with that. However, I did march 4 years in the Pride (2006-09) so I have been around it plenty, I am an alum, and I'm also a huge fan. Does that give my the right to point out your shortcomings? And by that philosophy, I guess Fulmer's opinion about the football coach trumps yours since he is an alum, letterman, championship winning, and Hall of Fame coach, right?

Fulmer forgot more than I will ever know about it. As a former HC who is mostly the blame for the downturn, he shouldn't be placing blame elsewhere. Refraining from commenting would be in his best interest.

Not as far as fandom is concerned. If you love the Vols, that's all that matters with being a fan. I was questioning your qualifications as to your perspective of how the HC position is evaluated and the ability to determine whether or not a coach has outlived his value.

As far as how the University treated him, they should have waited until the end of the 2008 season to fire him. They did not though, mistreat him.

In your opinion.

Reactions: 2 people
Right, and I base it on the FACT that he got a three year $6,000,000 annuity. Extremely generous and virtually unheard of in today's climate.

The Fact is, the majority of his life involved the University and football. To be treated in the manner he was at the end is anything but generous. And that is a FACT.

Reactions: 2 people
It's really sad. Personally I think Majors and Fulmer were both done dirty. Both situations could have been handled better.

Divorce is never pretty after a long marriage. Most marriages are great on the front end but lose interest over the years. Not sure how else it could have ended. It was going to be ugly in both cases no matter what since it dragged on past the expiration dates.

The Fact is, the majority of his life involved the University and football. To be treated in the manner he was at the end is anything but generous. And that is a FACT.

no, that's an opinion. Receiving 6,000,000 is a fact

Anything but generous? Wow. Just wow

What about how Majors was treated? He left a national championship team and a great legacy at Pitt to come home and take over a decimated UT team because of his love of the University. Pitt was on top of college football at the time BECAUSE OF MAJORS. Because of Majors' love of UT, he took on the massive rebuilding effort and brought us back the national stage. Because of Majors, Phillip was able to take over a juggernaut of talent and depth. I will be the first one to acknowledge that Majors got himself fired, but so did Phillip.

6,000,000 isn't generous??? Unbelievable

Divorce is never pretty after a long marriage. Most marriages are great on the front end but lose interest over the years. Not sure how else it could have ended. It was going to be ugly in both cases no matter what since it dragged on past the expiration dates.

Or...or....instead of taking the easy way out (ie divorce) they could've worked on it to fix it. That's the problem these days. We make a commitmen, and at the first sign of trouble, we give up on it. Marriages don't last 50 years without working through some rough times.

Reactions: 4 people
Or...or....instead of taking the easy way out (ie divorce) they could've worked on it to fix it. That's the problem these days. We make a commitmen, and at the first sign of trouble, we give up on it. Marriages don't last 50 years without working through some rough times.

Don't even know how to respond to that. I'd divorce you in a heart beat.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back