That's racist!

Kind of building on our discussion this morning, America isn't perfect and let's assume it is still as bad as some claim it to be. We have people who are incredibly narrow minded (in all races) and we have a sordid history relative to racial and immigrant inclusion. With all that said, why do you think immigrants, especially immigrants of color, come to America with its racism? Is America less racist than the country from which they are emigrating? Is the opportunity so profound, they overlook the racism? Are they unaware the extent of racism in America?

Why come to a country as "bad" as America is with ethnicity and immigration?
This is exactly why the leftist mantra of the USA being a racist country falls on it's face.

The real truth is that leftists themselves feel racism and are surrounded by racists so they project out based on their own perception/surroundings.
It goes back to the saying that a liberal will see what he believes, and a conservative will believe what he sees.

It goes back to the saying that a liberal will see what he believes, and a conservative will believe what he sees.
I actually believe lefties believe what they see, but the problem is they have so ingratiated themselves in clusters of literal racists actively practicing the "soft bigotry of low expectations" that they believe everyone is as guilty and racist as they are.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Kudos to you for raising a hard worker. Most kids her age are lazy. Really, most people under 30 are it seems. I actually had one guy in his upper 20s tell me that just by showing up regularly and working his designated hours that he would be ahead of 75%+ of people his age. What’s sad is he was probably right.
I’m proud of her. Just met a great young African American man, same age as my daughter. He works a full time job making $36k and is full time student in aerospace eng at UT.

Reactions: hUTch2002 and AshG
Kind of building on our discussion this morning, America isn't perfect and let's assume it is still as bad as some claim it to be. We have people who are incredibly narrow minded (in all races) and we have a sordid history relative to racial and immigrant inclusion. With all that said, why do you think immigrants, especially immigrants of color, come to America with its racism? Is America less racist than the country from which they are emigrating? Is the opportunity so profound, they overlook the racism? Are they unaware the extent of racism in America?

Why come to a country as "bad" as America is with ethnicity and immigration?
The obvious answer is also the correct answer; America isn't that bad, in fact, it would be positioned well on most all continuums - including racism.
And that's because America has always had the strength and determination to progress to a better position.
Throughout America's history there were always those fighting against that progress and doing all within their power to slow it down or even stop it. It's the same today. Today, those fighting appropriate progress have a louder and more rabid voice and it's also one that can reach more people quickly and easily..

Reactions: McDad
I'm trying to come at this from a neutral position, but I realize that's not always possible.

Our history curriculum is very much whitewashed. Unless a teacher deviates from the state-provided curriculum guides, there's no discussion of the Tulsa or Fayetteville atrocities. Textbooks tend to contain black and white images of the Civil Rights era despite many of the photographs being available in color, making it appear further back than it was. There's no mention of most Confederate monuments being erected in the 1900s as deterrents to black migration during and after Reconstruction.

I'll admit it's been a couple years since I've had my head in multiple states' curriculums, but these omissions were pretty common. And I don't recommend their study as a method of shaming, but to demonstrate how progress is possible when we start to work together.

The obvious answer is also the correct answer; America isn't that bad, in fact, it would be positioned well on most all continuums - including racism.
And that's because America has always had the strength and determination to progress to a better position.
Throughout America's history there were always those fighting against that progress and doing all within their power to slow it down or even stop it. It's the same today. Today, those fighting appropriate progress have a louder and more rabid voice and it's also one that can reach more people quickly and easily..

Define progress? What specific cause is being fought against?

Also, that’s simply not the case regarding those today. We had almost half the country take up arms that killed 620k Americans.

Plus, what you stated contradicts much of the critical race theory proponents, which has been quickly adopted by many left wingers. They say America is inherently racist and corrupt. That doesn’t jive with your 2nd paragraph.

Sweet Cheeses would you just stop with your continuum lunacy. Please. It isn't esoteric in the least. It's just... stupid.

Define progress? What specific cause is being fought against?

Also, that’s simply not the case regarding those today. We had almost half the country take up arms that killed 620k Americans.

Plus, what you stated contradicts much of the critical race theory proponents, which has been quickly adopted by many left wingers. They say America is inherently racist and corrupt. That doesn’t jive with your 2nd paragraph.
Paraphrasing CS Lewis- is it still "progress" to continue trying to blaze forward if you've taken a wrong turn? Wouldn't progress be turning back around?

I suppose leftism kind of falls into the "turning back around" part- we're headed straight back towards a deliberate revival of democrat-legislated and funded minority ghettos, segregation, and race conflict just like the old days.

Reactions: NCFisher
I’m proud of her. Just met a great young African American man, same age as my daughter. He works a full time job making $36k and is full time student in aerospace eng at UT.
Impressive! Anyone working a full time job and going to school full time deserves some respect. You know there’s plenty of schoolwork for someone in aerospace engineering too.

I'm trying to come at this from a neutral position, but I realize that's not always possible.

Our history curriculum is very much whitewashed. Unless a teacher deviates from the state-provided curriculum guides, there's no discussion of the Tulsa or Fayetteville atrocities. Textbooks tend to contain black and white images of the Civil Rights era despite many of the photographs being available in color, making it appear further back than it was. There's no mention of most Confederate monuments being erected in the 1900s as deterrents to black migration during and after Reconstruction.

I'll admit it's been a couple years since I've had my head in multiple states' curriculums, but these omissions were pretty common. And I don't recommend their study as a method of shaming, but to demonstrate how progress is possible when we start to work together.

Most of what you just typed is complete nonsense, most states have completely drifted from textbooks in general because they are expensive and are out of date the minute they are printed. I have taught in Tennessee and teach in Georgia, if anything the wars have been diluted and much more time is spent on the civil rights movement and including the Tulsa riots

You realize there are many "on your side" who disagree with you. In fact, some of that group of many might say America is far worse than what we aware of.

So, if we are to take those opinions at face value and not for an alternate opinion, what does that mean about the decisions of POC and immigrants coming to America in spite of its flaws?

I think you have a couple things backwards.

Pretty sure most of the AA population was in the south. How would confederate moments stop them from moving out? If anything it was to chase them away.

Tulsa started after a black person was arrested, cops refused to turn him over to a white mob, and then a black mob showed up and things turned violent. Let's just say a white person actually started, it was still a racial issue before black parts of town got burned down. You think history is going to teach the two sides of Tulsa? Most versions of Tulsa I have heard are almost as "blackwashed" as you claim history is white washed.

MC_Beetlejuice_web20210524120000.jpg

Tulsa was a mutually combative race issue that was started by and blown out of proportion of by the media which fueled the fire by both sides. Even then many "facts" have been exaggerated or outright made up by people since.

Confederate monuments had little to do with "black migration"

Reactions: StarRaider
You realize there are many "on your side" who disagree with you. In fact, some of that group of many might say America is far worse than what we aware of.

So, if we are to take those opinions at face value and not for an alternate opinion, what does that mean about the decisions of POC and immigrants coming to America in spite of its flaws?
It obviously means that they think America offers them the chance of a better life for them and their kids.
Maybe they are unaware of how bad things actually are in America racially (according to the ones who make that claim).
Maybe they are aware but place racial harmony below being able to provide basic necessities.

^You are having a boring, made up conversation with your self. You said I defined the term, I did not.

Lets have the convo! Why do you think all the above stated is true?
Huh? Now you’re being disingenuous. Feels intentional. Black people are six times more likely to die by the hands of the police than white people.

Only in your slanted mind apparently.

You’re doing better than last time but the jury is still out.
Weird. Blacks are six times more likely to commit violent crime. I don't see any correlation though. No correlation whatsoever. None. Zip. Nada. Nil.

Reactions: dovervolz

VN Store

Back