That's racist!

More accurately it would be Erich von Manstein than Hitler. Or Erwin Rommel for those not versed in history.

Jefferson Davis would be a more accurate and still applicable comparison to Hitler.

Lee would be a Herod or Pntius Pilate at worst. But the jews have an even longer history of suffering from outsiders than Africans so there may be a better example than Roman's.

The real comparison would be whatever leader allowed the start of trading Africans as slaves to the Americas. And there would be a decently high chance that person was African themselves.

That is if you assume slavery=genocide. I dont see much of a difference but some might.

This type of hysteria proves that you arent looking for a "real" conversation and instead want to focus on blaming the wrong person.
Ever notice how the subjects that liberals have the least grasp on, tend to be the ones that are the most important - History, Economics, Science, math, logic, Constitutional law, Biblical understanding

More accurately it would be Erich von Manstein than Hitler. Or Erwin Rommel for those not versed in history.

Jefferson Davis would be a more accurate and still applicable comparison to Hitler.

Lee would be a Herod or Pntius Pilate at worst. But the jews have an even longer history of suffering from outsiders than Africans so there may be a better example than Roman's.

The real comparison would be whatever leader allowed the start of trading Africans as slaves to the Americas. And there would be a decently high chance that person was African themselves.

That is if you assume slavery=genocide. I dont see much of a difference but some might.

This type of hysteria proves that you arent looking for a "real" conversation and instead want to focus on blaming the wrong person.
Even a Jefferson Davis/Hitler comparison would be inaccurate in scale. While the slave trade itself probably claimed millions of victims, Jefferson Davis did not directly enact a system that led to 6 million deaths. Hitler was attempting genocide, Davis was not.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
Even a Jefferson Davis/Hitler comparison would be inaccurate in scale. While the slave trade itself probably claimed millions of victims, Jefferson Davis did not directly enact a system that led to 6 million deaths. Hitler was attempting genocide, Davis was not.

Jefferson Davis would be a poor comparison to Hitler, like Lee his loyalties were tied to his state not the Confederacy. Both were extremely reluctant.

Reactions: Lampvol74
I used Davis because of a leadership position and some schools here in America were named after him. I dont see a terrible amount of difference between slavery and genocide myself. maybe just based on personal preference, I would rather be killed than enslaved.

Not sure who a real comparison to Hitler would be. Which is typically why it's best to avoid him and Godwins Law. Almost always Apples and grapefruit.

I used Davis because of a leadership position and some schools here in America were named after him. I dont see a terrible amount of difference between slavery and genocide myself. maybe just based on personal preference, I would rather be killed than enslaved.

Not sure who a real comparison to Hitler would be. Which is typically why it's best to avoid him and Godwins Law. Almost always Apples and grapefruit.

With slavery, as evil as it is, the people survive, which allows their culture to survive. There's always the potential for freedom. With genocide, there is only death, and the extinction of a people and their culture. Both are evil, but genocide is worse IMO. An individual may prefer death to slavery, but genocide is so much more than the death of an individual.

The closest American example I can think of to Hitler would be Andrew Jackson and his attempted genocide of Native Americans, specifically the Cherokee.

Reactions: RavinDave
With slavery, as evil as it is, the people survive, which allows their culture to survive. There's always the potential for freedom. With genocide, there is only death, and the extinction of a people and their culture. Both are evil, but genocide is worse IMO. An individual may prefer death to slavery, but genocide is so much more than the death of an individual.

The closest American example I can think of to Hitler would be Andrew Jackson and his attempted genocide of Native Americans, specifically the Cherokee.
Agree on Jackson although Lincoln was right there.

I dont think a whole lot of african culture survived slavery. It's one thing if its "only" a generation or two, and you are bringing in new slaves who can keep the culture alive among the individual slave communities. But with the generational slavery we had I dont see how you can say their culture survived.

I mean I guess evil white people didnt buy every African so the culture was maintained elsewhere.

Going back to Lincoln I need to check when the Indian Boarding schools started. Save the man, kill the Indian. *Looks like these were another thing of Jackson. Highest population was from the late 50s to 80s but lasted until after WWI.*

Agree on Jackson although Lincoln was right there.

I dont think a whole lot of african culture survived slavery. It's one thing if its "only" a generation or two, and you are bringing in new slaves who can keep the culture alive among the individual slave communities. But with the generational slavery we had I dont see how you can say their culture survived.

I mean I guess evil white people didnt buy every African so the culture was maintained elsewhere.

Going back to Lincoln I need to check when the Indian Boarding schools started. Save the man, kill the Indian. *Looks like these were another thing of Jackson. Highest population was from the late 50s to 80s but lasted until after WWI.*
There are all kinds of examples where African Culture has made its stamp on our society. Look at Jazz and Blues music. Both have roots in African culture. Probably the biggest difference between their culture in Africa and how it evolved here, though, is their introduction to Christianity. But that changed many cultures throughout history.

As for Andrew Jackson, he had a deep hatred for Native Americans.

Most people want equality and fairness for all, they just have different ideas as to what that is. Promulgating ideas such as "white privilege" or "white guilt" does nothing to promote equality. That's judging a person by the color of their skin, the very idea we want to defeat. People should be treated equally, and skin color should not be a factor.
Show me where I was wrong on any assertion.

Also racism is not going to just disappear. Try again.

Lol. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣 Who gives a s**t? A name of a high school has nothing to do with anything. More deflecting blame to something that has no bearing on ones failure. What will you be offended by today? A school named after George Washington? You should look up crime statistics for crimes committed on the infinite MLK Blvds. 🤣😂
One school? In Jacksonville Fl. They’re gonna change the name. Besides, that school was already named before school segregation back in the 70’s.
That is your definition of “oppression”? If it were named after Malcom X would it have changed those student’s outcomes? School names are determined by the local school board, maybe a school board that supervises a predominantly black community should rename it considering they are voted in by those same black student’s parents. Racist people generally see racism in everything
You all do everything in your power to miss the point. Its astonishing really.
Btw, there are many more schools with oppressive names.
More than 240 schools in US are named after Confederate leaders - CNN

VN Store

Back