That's racist!

This is very similar to the issue LG used to have when discussing corp profits. He never could grasp the difference between $ and %
If I remember the population break down it's less than a 2:1 blacks over whites shot. But when you look at the violent crime break down, when gun violence may be justified, it was still whites that were shot more often.

I am going into a meeting so I cant run the numbers. But someone @ me and I will try to do it later.

This is very similar to the issue LG used to have when discussing corp profits. He never could grasp the difference between $ and %

If Amazon has $380 billion in profits it’s actually less than Joes quick lube making $1 million in profits? It seems you’re creating a math problem where there is none.

How many of those could be attributed to over policing of minority neighborhoods? Or the WoD?

See, just claiming X>Y is bad math
I'd also add that in many large cities the minority population is greater then the white population. If most shootings happen in those areas, it would blow your percentage theory out of the water. We have a policing problem in this country period.

If I remember the population break down it's less than a 2:1 blacks over whites shot. But when you look at the violent crime break down, when gun violence may be justified, it was still whites that were shot more often.

I am going into a meeting so I cant run the numbers. But someone @ me and I will try to do it later.
As I mentioned earlier, many qualifiers also go into the violent crime numbers. The system is designed to create criminals

I'd also add that in many large cities the minority population is greater then the white population. If most shootings happen in those areas, it would blow your percentage theory out of the water. We have a policing problem in this country period.

The policing problem isn’t nearly as bad as the crime problem.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Where did I say any different? Pretty sure I've posted the same for years on this board. However your belief that the policing problem is applied evenly across all demographics is incorrect

Not surprised you're still missing the point.

I get the point. You’re trying to make it more complex than it is. The numbers are the numbers. I don’t care about per capita or any of the other bs that skew the numbers to make its seem like it’s something it isn’t.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
The policing problem isn’t nearly as bad as the crime problem.
Crime will always be a problem. Policing problems were caused by claims that domestic terrorism is rampant. The militarization of the police has increased rapidly. As others have stated the war on drugs hasn't helped. I'd say that 90% of my interactions with police haven't been positive.

Crime will always be a problem. Policing problems were caused by claims that domestic terrorism is rampant. The militarization of the police has increased rapidly. As others have stated the war on drugs hasn't helped. I'd say that 90%

I have no problem with enforcing drug laws so we’ll probably disagree on some things.

I get the point. You’re trying to make it more complex than it is. The numbers are the numbers. I don’t care about per capita or any of the other bs that skew the numbers to make its seem like it’s something it isn’t.
Of course you don't care because your numbers show minorities are more likely to be killed. That's inconvenient for you

Where did I say any different? Pretty sure I've posted the same for years on this board. However your belief that the policing problem is applied evenly across all demographics is incorrect
If policing problems are most prevalent in cities where minorities are the higher percentage of the population, your assertion is wrong. You claimed the math, now go by it.

IMO the WOD is the root cause of most policing problems.

I hate tax laws, but still pay my taxes.

At the end of the day it is a personal responsibility issue. A person may not like the drug laws but needs to understand them and behave accordingly until they can change them.

The idea that there are a ton of people of any color getting gunned down illegitimately by police is quite absurd.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
I hate tax laws, but still pay my taxes.

At the end of the day it is a personal responsibility issue. A person may not like the drug laws but needs to understand them and behave accordingly until they can change them.

The idea that there are a ton of people of any color getting gunned down illegitimately by police is quite absurd.
The problem is that the local and federal governments wage the war on drugs to make money, it's not unlike how they hide in order to catch you doing 5 mph over the speed limit. I'd agree that the disparity of police killings based on skin color is very overstated. The media and one party have pushed this in order to get stupid people to vote for that party.

How many of those could be attributed to over policing of minority neighborhoods? Or the WoD?

See, just claiming X>Y is bad math
Does overpolicing or WoD explain that there are 3 times the number of blacks treated in the emergency room for non lethal gunshot wounds? I do agree that the WoD is a worthless failure.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
No it doesn’t. Maybe it shows they’re more likely to commit crime. Is that inconvenient for you?
No I would say that there is an overabundance of useless laws being enforced by a group who loves the power the laws give them over people

The problem is that the local and federal governments wage the war on drugs to make money, it's not unlike how they hide in order to catch you doing 5 mph over the speed limit. I'd agree that the disparity of police killings based on skin color is very overstated. The media and one party have pushed this in order to get stupid people to vote for that party.

Yea, I'm not going to defend the war on drugs. But I'm also not going to give a pass to people behaving like idiots.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman

VN Store

Back