That's racist!

Riot=/=insurrection.

The message, you are too busy trolling to admit, has co sistently been arrest/charge the violent. You know the ones who made it a riot.

Nah. Many in here balked at the idea of 1/6 being labeled a riot (let alone admitting it was insurrection). Many stated it was a peaceful affair wherein people like Ashley Babbit were "murdered" for what they would describe as a patriot making a scene.

A riot is certainly not an insurrection, but they're not mutually exclusive either. The message has been to only admit what is readily apparent and indefensible - stating that the "violent should be charged" isn't some sort of tortured admission of a call to justice, it's common sense.

Reactions: zeppelin128
Nah. Many in here balked at the idea of 1/6 being labeled a riot (let alone admitting it was insurrection). Many stated it was a peaceful affair wherein people like Ashley Babbit were "murdered" for what they would describe as making a scene.

A riot is certainly not an insurrection, but they're not mutually exclusive either. The message has been to only admit what is readily apparent and indefensible - stating that the "violent should be charged" isn't some sort of tortured admission of a call to justice, it's common sense.
Not sure on the point you think you are making. Again, I think most here would agree the violent should be charged/have their day in court.

You seem to be going both ways on your riot/insurrection argument here.

Not sure on the point you think you are making. Again, I think most here would agree the violent should be charged/have their day in court.

You seem to be going both ways on your riot/insurrection argument here.

Of course people would openly state that the "violent" should be charged (if for no other reason but to appear lucid). There are undoubtedly many in these very forums who were cheering these same people on during the act. I just find it disingenuous for the trumpers to constantly play down the events of 1/6 as a misunderstanding and then try and revise the narrative that it was the left that caused "the riot", when they think it might be time to revise history. I'm willing to bet that Carlson has at some point tried to downplay 1/6 as something less than a "riot" and/or largely refusing to admit it was - now, he panders to his base by referring to it as a "riot" when he thinks he can score a political point.

Nah. Many in here balked at the idea of 1/6 being labeled a riot (let alone admitting it was insurrection). Many stated it was a peaceful affair wherein people like Ashley Babbit were "murdered" for what they would describe as a patriot making a scene.

The Babbit shooting should require a transparent investigation.

Of course people would openly state that the "violent" should be charged (if for no other reason but to appear lucid). There are undoubtedly many in these very forums who were cheering these same people on during the act. I just find it disingenuous for the trumpers to constantly play down the events of 1/6 as a misunderstanding and then try and revise the narrative that it was the left that caused "the riot", when they think it might be time to revise history. I'm willing to bet that Carlson has at some point tried to downplay 1/6 as something less than a "riot" and/or largely refusing to admit it was - now, he panders to his base by referring to it as a "riot" when he thinks he can score a political point.

Reporting is not pandering. Hopefully at some point in your life it will resonate.

In my opinion, 1/6 was a protest that got out of control. Some took advantage and rioted or incited people to riot. In this time, people need to second guess when they join these protests because some are not there for good reasons. You also have to know when to leave. I don't doubt for a minute there were bad actors mixed in whose intentions were to stoke the flames. This was a net negative because all it did was turn the attention away from the policy focus and democrats could use this as fodder for months and as a distraction.

Reactions: AM64
The Babbit shooting should require a transparent investigation.

You saw the video right? She was climbing through a barricaded door that was smashed through - during a riot after being shouted at by LEO to stop.

Investigation over.

You may have noticed that I'm no fan of LE but this was pretty cut and dry.

You saw the video right? She was climbing through a barricaded door that was smashed through - during a riot after being shouted at by LEO to stop.

Investigation over.

You may have noticed that I'm no fan of LE but this was pretty cut and dry.

No it wasn't. There is a cover up. The family doesn't even know who shot her. She was unarmed and deadly force was used.

Reporting is not pandering. Hopefully at some point in your life it will resonate.

In my opinion, 1/6 was a protest that got out of control. Some took advantage and rioted or incited people to riot. In this time, people need to second guess when they join these protests because some are not there for good reasons. You also have to know when to leave. I don't doubt for a minute there were bad actors mixed in whose intentions were to stoke the flames. This was a net negative because all it did was turn the attention away from the policy focus and democrats could use this as fodder for months and as a distraction.

LOL foisting forth a 'false flag' conspiracy theory that the FBI was in on organizing the riot isn't "reporting," Hell - Carlson isn't even a reporter, he's an opinion peddling Youtube influencer with a much larger audience and a better graphics department.

Before it was a riot it was a just a bunch of guys "walking freely through the peoples house."

Tucker Carlson under fire for ‘gaslighting garbage’ defence of Capitol insurrectionists

No it wasn't. There is a cover up. The family doesn't even know who shot her. She was unarmed and deadly force was used.

Because much like the rioting ilk that smashed up the US Capitol, they'd probably be looking to do harm to the LEO. Don't blame them a bit for not putting this guy in danger needlessly.

You saw the video right? It's not like she was home in bed when the cops kicked in the door and started blasting...

Because much like the rioting ilk that smashed up the US Capitol, they'd probably be looking to do harm to the LEO. Don't blame them a bit for not putting this guy in danger needlessly.

You saw the video right? It's not like she was home in bed when the cops kicked in the door and started blasting...
In other cases of cops involved in good shoots there is still an open investigation and the name is made public. It's part of our system unless a judge says the details can stay private.

Imagine Michael Browns shooter remaining nameless or the details of the investigation never being public.

That sounds like some Lebron James "You're next" type of stuff right there. Anyone threatening LEO should receive a visit from authorities. Would you agree?

In other cases of cops involved in good shoots there is still an open investigation and the name is made public. It's part of our system unless a judge says the details can stay private.

Imagine Michael Browns shooter remaining nameless or the details of the investigation never being public.

That's a fair point.

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back