That's racist!

A lot of people of tired of the mandatory veneration of all things LGB+++. If we'd stop pushing the agenda and let people be who and what they are, we'd be in much better shape as a society.

Still weird for grownups to idolize a baseball player because he said a word people don't like.

Imagine if he said something to offend Christians, who also have an agenda people are tired of, and jersey sales popped off. Cool? I say it's super fkn lame and you shouldn't defend them.

MLB fans are making a statement. Nothing wrong with that

It appears to me that they're tired of wokeness and having the alphabet agenda forced upon them. I think hate is too strong a word but even if this is hate speech, such speech is constitutionally protected. MLB should merely come out with a standard "these are the comments of a player and do not represent the views of MLB..."

It appears to me that they're tired of wokeness and having the alphabet agenda forced upon them. I think hate is too strong a word but even if this is hate speech, such speech is constitutionally protected. MLB should merely come out with a standard "these are the comments of a player and do not represent the views of MLB..."
And the statement mostly is that they support someone using a homophobic slur because they’re standing up to wokeness, or something, which is unbelievably stupid. The constitution has nothing to do with MLB’s punishment, a player can’t call a fan the N word and just keep playing

It's only protected from the govt doing anything. Everything else is fair game

It's only protected from the govt doing anything. Everything else is fair game
There's nothing illegal about what they did but it didn't go over well with their fans. If they did it fir good PR, it failed. MLB ought not be patrolling player's speech in the heat of a game

Still weird for grownups to idolize a baseball player because he said a word people don't like.

Imagine if he said something to offend Christians, who also have an agenda people are tired of, and jersey sales popped off. Cool? I say it's super fkn lame and you shouldn't defend them.

It's weird for an adult to idolize any celebrity/athlete/politician.

And the statement mostly is that they support someone using a homophobic slur because they’re standing up to wokeness, or something, which is unbelievably stupid. The constitution has nothing to do with MLB’s punishment, a player can’t call a fan the N word and just keep playing
I disagree that this player is fearful of gays. I think he just doesn't like them

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I think it's funny that you have the definition of homophobia right in front of you and still tried to replace it with your own

Phobia has always been about fear, anyone can make up any definition they want but it has always been about fear. That is what arachnophobia is i.e. fear of spiders.

"Let me correct the record: I'm not SCARED of gay people, I just HATE them. Give me my proper credit" is also just objectively hilarious

Phobia has always been about fear, anyone can make up any definition they want but it has always been about fear. That is what arachnophobia is i.e. fear of spiders.

Dear God, man. You are on a roll lately.

Fear becomes anger. Didn't you watch Star Wars?

Is it? I think it's fairly normal. My Dad is 74 and loves Winston Churchill. I would absolutely fanboy the **** out if I met Dolly Parton.

Yes, idolization is weird when an adult is doing it. I love DP as much as anyone, huge fan here but I don't idolize her.

Yes, idolization is weird when an adult is doing it. I love DP as much as anyone, huge fan here but I don't idolize her.

So if you would get excited to meet her and then you tell people about it the rest of your life, I would put that in the idol category. Maybe you wouldn't apply that label, but it just means you admire her. I think you're thinking like idol = hero. This is the minimum requirement:

1723729489034.png

Cool now do the entire word in that same dictionary lol

irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or gay people
Those definitions are very different. It seems to be a politically correct change that Webster's has done. They did the same with pronouns

So if that definition of homophobia is correct, which one applies to this player?

Reactions: LSU-SIU
Gay use to mean fun.

Websters Dictionary 1828 - Webster's Dictionary 1828 - Gay

NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms

Most people don't fear gay people, they just dislike them. Identity politics at work. Which is why we have the same people that don't know what a woman is... talking about this. What they tried to do is make it a medical term, but I am unaware of any medical term for disliking in general. There is misophonia for instance for dislike of certain sounds.

Last edited:
So he's homophobic then. Good talk

View attachment 667335
he was being heckled by a fan while at bat and called the fan an "effing ******".

sounds more just like generic anger than anything particularly anti-gay. I doubt even in the moment Duran thought the individual was actually gay. makes me think of the South Park ****** episode.

just because a word has certain negative connotations doesn't mean it is being used that way.

he was being heckled by a fan while at bat and called the fan an "effing ******".

sounds more just like generic anger than anything particularly anti-gay. I doubt even in the moment Duran thought the individual was actually gay. makes me think of the South Park ****** episode.

just because a word has certain negative connotations doesn't mean it is being used that way.
I described it as a homophobic slur, which it is. "He's homophobic then" was in response to someone saying he doesn't like gay people but that doesn't make him homophobic. I don't know how he feels about gay people, but in that hypothetical scenario he would be homophobic

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back