The 1/6 Hearings

Sure. But there's an added layer of hypocrisy here. Trump, and his supporters, have pretended to be the most pro cop people on earth. They aren't here. Which they shouldn't be. But they also openly mock the Capitol cops.
Both sides pretend. There really isn't an added layer of hypocrisy, it's the same hypocrisy that has always existed, but people want to pretend this hypocrisy is worse. It's all the same.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
How many of those cops have ever faced what those cops did? My brother is a retired cop. A professor at UGA. Former GBI agent. And owner of several business. He's never seen anything like that.
Then he should consider himself lucky. He must never had to respond to a riot or mass casualty shooting. These events are becoming more and more common. The truth is, the only thing that made this unique is the location. It happened at the Capitol. It wasn't nearly as violent as other events over the last couple of years. And that's just truth.

Since when is it a crime for people to be "where they aren't supposed to be"? We've got millions of them that the dems aren't upset about. Since when is it a crime for people to be anywhere as long as they are there to express "free speech"; it hasn't put thousands or tens of thousands in prison over the last few decades. How about some consistency.
See Septic's response. You know it was trespassing. Be angry at double standards all you want, but don't deny what they did was wrong. That just makes you party to the hypocrisy.

Reactions: samanderson
The GOP resistance to this is in many ways mind boggling. For crying out loud, there were people in that mob calling for their VP to be executed. Many GOP members were at risk that day, serious risk.

The GOP resistance to this is in many ways mind boggling. For crying out loud, there were people in that mob calling for their VP to be executed. Many GOP members were at risk that day, serious risk.

I’m not denying it happened but where’s the video of that. I’ve seen plenty of videos showing a lot of different things but not that. And, how do you know it was a Trump supporter that actually said this?

Hell, the FBI was part of the, kidnap Whitmer. The same thing could’ve happened here.

Reactions: AM64
Anybody that leveled a threat against any elected official that day should be dealt with according to the SS procedures and if warranted prosecution. Next empty screech point?

See Septic's response. You know it was trespassing. Be angry at double standards all you want, but don't deny what they did was wrong. That just makes you party to the hypocrisy.

Ok, should they go back to 2016 and charge everyone that was in the capital building when Trump had just won the election? I think that would be fair.

Ok, should they go back to 2016 and charge everyone that was in the capital building when Trump had just won the election? I think that would be fair.

Were they trespassing? If so, they should have been charged at the time. I would guess any statute of limitations has passed.

I honestly don't remember anyone storming the Capitol in 2016, but I was deathly ill at the time, so it could have happened.

Were they trespassing? If so, they should have been charged at the time. I would guess any statute of limitations has passed.

You were talking about being fair minded. Screw the statute and bring charges. I’m sure they still have video evidence of that day.

You were talking about being fair minded. Screw the statute and bring charges. I’m sure they still have video evidence of that day.
The law is still the law. Don't be ridiculous. Your bitterness is showing.

When do laws matter to the democrat party? I’m not being bitter. I think it would only be fair.
It's not "fair" to charge people after the statute of limitations has expired. They should have been charged at the time. The failure is on the Pubs for not insisting they be held responsible.

The problem is someone pooped in Nancy Pelosi's litter box and she is going to reign down hell because she knows the people that came into the "peoples house" weren't "her" people. Granted there were probably a hundred or so that were out of control, but a lot of them just walked through like tourists.

Reactions: Boca Vol
What really needs to happen is BOTH damn parties stop dredging this crap back up and let’s all move on. Stop ripping the damn scab off over and over and over …

No we don’t need damn 1/6 commission unless we extend it as a general civil unrest commission and include all the destruction from 2020. Sorry/not sorry Dems but there was nothing special about 1/6 when considered in the context of all the civil unrest for about 13 straight months.

So look at all of it or none of it. I vote none of it and let’s move the hell on.

It's not "fair" to charge people after the statute of limitations has expired. They should have been charged at the time. The failure is on the Pubs for not insisting they be held responsible.

We have laws against illegal immigration but we seem to be shipping illegal immigrants all over the country. Follow the law. So, what is it, follow the law or screw the law? It shouldn’t be both at the same time. Is that fair?

Reactions: RavinDave and AM64
We have laws against illegal immigration but we seem to be shipping illegal immigrants all over the country. Follow the law. So, what is it, follow the law or screw the law? It shouldn’t be both at the same time. Is that fair?

Were we talking about illegal immigration? Did I espouse my opinion on how that's being handled? I don't believe so. Bringing that up doesn't help your argument.

FTR, I'm against what the Dems are doing with immigration. But it's up to the courts to do something and I doubt they will.

Were we talking about illegal immigration? Did I espouse my opinion on how that's being handled? I don't believe so. Bringing that up doesn't help your argument.

FTR, I'm against what the Dems are doing with immigration. But it's up to the courts to do something and I doubt they will.

And just what would you have them do? When the executive branch is responsible for enforcing the border laws it's kind of hard for the judicial branch to do anything when they just stop enforcing the law.

Reactions: RavinDave and AM64
What really needs to happen is BOTH damn parties stop dredging this crap back up and let’s all move on. Stop ripping the damn scab off over and over and over …

No we don’t need damn 1/6 commission unless we extend it as a general civil unrest commission and include all the destruction from 2020. Sorry/not sorry Dems but there was nothing special about 1/6 when considered in the context of all the civil unrest for about 13 straight months.

So look at all of it or none of it. I vote none of it and let’s move the hell on.
I'd actually like to know what the relationship if any, does the FBI or the intelligence community have with the leadership of militia groups involved in 1/6.

No you were talking about being fair and then you want to follow the law. I would say, following our laws. The illegal immigration topic is a relevant response. And, it would also be relevant in the fair execution of our laws.

No you were talking about being fair and then you want to follow the law. I would say, following our laws. The illegal immigration topic is a relevant response. And, it would also be relevant in the fair execution of our laws.
You're wandering in the wilderness.

And just what would you have them do? When the executive branch is responsible for enforcing the border laws it's kind of hard for the judicial branch to do anything when they just stop enforcing the law.
I'm sure there are ways, but nothing will happen.

You're wandering in the wilderness.

I’m being fair when I say trespassers should be prosecuted. It would also be fair for you to say that immigration laws should be followed. But, if we are not going to follow our laws. A statute of limitations law shouldn’t matter.

VN Store

Back