The 2012 London Olympics Thread

Earlier today Honduras upset Spain 1-0 in soccer, also eliminating Spain from advancing to the knockout stage

Spain got a (somewhat far) free kick at the very end but it went wide and out of bounds

Last edited:
Tonight between 7:30 to 8 there will be a special segment featuring a kid from the East Knoxville Boys and Girls Club who was selected to be the poster child for the Michael Phelps foundation. This is my daughters club, can't wait to see it. If anyone could dvr it...

Yeah it's ladies basketball, but France and Australia are going into overtime 65-65

After Australia makes a last second, double covered, half court basket!

What's with the racism? Second athlete kicked out. Maybe the Olympics shouldn't encourage some people to use social media.

2012 London Olympics -- Michel Morganella may be expelled from Olympics for racist message - espnW

Racism is prevalent throughout Europe. Those of us who follow soccer know this. Even having lived in the south my whole life, and been exposed from racist people and racism as long as I can remember, some of things that take place in soccer stadiums across Europe blow my mind.

This is an old article from before the 2006 World Cup in Germany, but you can get a general idea of some of the things that go on.

USATODAY.com - Concerns raised over racism during Cup

Last edited:
Asked about the accusation that she was doping, Ye replied: "The Chinese team keep very firmly to the anti-doping policies, so there is absolutely no problem."

:lol:

I am of the opinion that the Chinese are bastages and will do anything to win. Like enter 12 year old girls in the gymnastics competition.

didn't I read an article last week that quoted a defected physician as saying that systematic doping is a part of the Olympic training program in China and that athletes who don't want to participate are asked to depart or imbued surreptitiously?

Also (from earlier today) Phelps got another gold as the anchor in the 4x200m freestyle relay

He maybe should have been the anchor in the first one too, now

VN Store

Back