The 2012 London Olympics Thread

It hard for me to get interested in the Olympics this year because I already know what happened, I want to watch it live.

It hard for me to get interested in the Olympics this year because I already know what happened, I want to watch it live.

What irritates me about the tape delay is nobody will cooperate with NBC to keep the results a secret to make it enjoyable. You basically have to go into a cave from around noon until 8 pm if you want to have any chance of watching the primetime coverage without already knowing the results. It would be nice if ESPN could hold off on running results across the ticker until after the events air. It would also be nice it the local NBC affiliate didn't sign off their 6:00 newscast with a rundown of everything that had already happened and was about to go on air in an hour and a half. No joke, that literally happened tonight.

What irritates me about the tape delay is nobody will cooperate with NBC to keep the results a secret to make it enjoyable. You basically have to go into a cave from around noon until 8 pm if you want to have any chance of watching the primetime coverage without already knowing the results. It would be nice if ESPN could hold off on running results across the ticker until after the events air. It would also be nice it the local NBC affiliate didn't sign off their 6:00 newscast with a rundown of everything that had already happened and was about to go on air in an hour and a half. No joke, that literally happened tonight.
Well the Knoxville affiliate gives a big old loud horn and says SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Well the Knoxville affiliate gives a big old loud horn and says SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Actually must have missed the horn, the TV was on mute in the background and I just glanced at it and saw the graphic with all of today's results. Didn't really matter though, ESPN had long since spoiled it.

It's annoying as hell

The "buzz in" scoring system in Olympic boxing is a bloody coathanger abortion.

Hopefully they follow through with their plan to go to a traditional 10 point must system in 2016.

A big "eff you" to the eight women's badminton players who were trying to lose on purpose to get an easy draw.

Good thing they got disqualified.

A big "eff you" to the eight women's badminton players who were trying to lose on purpose to get an easy draw.

Good thing they got disqualified.

I don't understand that. Seems to me the best competitors would find the best ways to win. If the organizers come up with a broken system that rewards some Ls, why wouldn't they take advantage?

Apparently the Chinese had one of their teams tank so they could have a decent shot at setting up a China v. China final.

Agreed, I don't blame them, I blame the organization of the competition that we cause them to dive.

I think it's outrageous that they were tossed from the games. Blame the damn format like mentioned above.

It's a tournament. You do what you need to in order to win. Sorry to the fans that paid money, but they picked a day to come out and should be blaming the tournament director and boo'ing at him.

This happens every Olympics. Why make a big deal about it now?

I think it's outrageous that they were tossed from the games. Blame the damn format like mentioned above.

Pretty dumb to be so obvious about it, especially after they were warned. You can throw a match while still looking like you are trying.

VN Store

Back