The 2024 MLB Draft - Discussion Thread

Eric Cain said he's 1) dealing with an injury that affected his draft status and 2) in a position where he'll have to take some summer classes. He thinks he'll handle his business.
As I suspected...it was academics that may have been what looked to be forcing him to pro ball and why he "didn't have a choice to make" between school and the draft. Hopefully he gets things squared away.

I will be surprised if Zander or Kirby hear their name because they have no leverage. But I’m guessing both get a phone call as soon as it is over somebody offering them a chance.
As an ex-pro Preacherman, they should both sign a deal, get a card made, and check it off their bucket list. Fall ball doesn't start until well after pro season ends. Worst case scenario: they both play lights out and get an invite to spring training 2025!!!

Rataczak is probably gone. He’s already been in school 4 years.

I think Seibert may still come but we’ll have to see how far overslot Detroit is willing to go to get him.

I guess the hope is that the Tigers are taking a shot that Seibert either doesn't want to put the work in academically, or that it won't be enough and force him to go pro where they figure to get him pretty cheap unless he chooses door #3 and waits it out, goes JUCO, or goes to an Indy league.

Seibert was pick #476. Rataczak pick #484.
The bonus for each will probably be around $100K PROVIDED the teams drafting them have not already spent the money before they get to them. They both will be at the bottom of the barrel as prospects and will have a very small chance of making the show. Minor league life is pretty miserable. They both should enroll at UT and try to improve their stock.

I knew y’all weren’t lying when you said Braves draft pitching, but damn View attachment 659322
The Braves originally drafted Randy "Big Unit" Johnson as a high school prospect and had Tom Seaver until the commisioner denied their transaction and he went to the New York Mets.

In short, the Braves franchise philosophy has always been built on pitching.

The bonus for each will probably be around $100K PROVIDED the teams drafting them have not already spent the money before they get to them. They both will be at the bottom of the barrel as prospects and will have a very small chance of making the show. Minor league life is pretty miserable. They both should enroll at UT and try to improve their stock.
The problem Rat faces is he only has one year left. So it's either now or play one season here and hope he increases his value.

VN Store

Back