The 2024 MLB Draft - Discussion Thread

Drafted thus far are:
- SS Ty Southisene (4th round - will sign)
- SS Trey Snyder (5th round - will sign)
- RHP Anson Seibert (16th round - has an injury and academic issues to work through, so most think he's got a pretty good shot at coming to campus)
- OF Lucas Ramirez (17th round - already being reported that he's expected to sign with the Angels)
- OF Ethan Wagner (17th round - not much has been said here, but we probably have a decent shot at getting him to campus)

And you of course have Rataczak as well, but he's a transfer. I'll be super surprised if he ends up in Knoxville.
Ethan Wagner? Did not see him listed as one of our signees.

So Manny Marin wasn’t drafted?
No, only the five I previously listed were drafted. Draft is officially done.

McKee is saying that Wagner will likely sign, and Rataczak is expected to sign, too. Still feels like Seibert will make it to campus. So, that means 4 of the 5 signees drafted are likely gone, along with Rataczak.

Zander is apparently close to signing an undrafted deal with the Minnesota Twins.

No, only the five I previously listed were drafted. Draft is officially done.

McKee is saying that Wagner will likely sign, and Rataczak is expected to sign, too. Still feels like Seibert will make it to campus. So, that means 4 of the 5 signees drafted are likely gone, along with Rataczak.

Zander is apparently close to signing an undrafted deal with the Minnesota Twins.
Would have been nice to get Ramirez and Wagner to campus. I hate losing HS kids drafted so late.

To me, Southisene and Snyder were not surprises. Seibert was a bit of a surprise, but it seems like we're in a good spot with him still. I have no clue what the expectation was with Ramirez and Wagner. I'm definitely somewhat surprised about Rataczak, but understand him wanting to take his shot.

Overall, we are retaining A LOT of very talented guys. Could have been so much worse.

Ramirez was a little surprising but Wagner being drafted and signing I didn’t see coming. That being said, if we can somehow get Seibert to campus…this was as good as we could’ve asked for. And even if that’s not the case this was still a great haul.

How many days do the drafted players have to sign a contract? I think there is a set day but not sure.
August 1st according to Jonathan Mayo on MLB.

Question though how did the juco pitcher Drew Pestka drafted last year sign with Reds in June of this year? Do guys have different rules than 4 year college guys with signing?

VN Store

Back