The Aftermath: What are the possibilities?

Hard to play the long game ,when at best you are in power for 8 years, and your adversary is in power for life.
True, but Trump wasn't even given a chance to show it at least starting to work. Now APPL and NIKE will go right back to those sweatshops, and our leftist pussies here will complain about low wages...

I can name the good and the bad possibilities

Good
* Working and schooling from home will pick up momentum
* With less need for rush hour commuting, less need for some highway expansion projects
* Jobs labeled "non-essential" during the outbreak will get re-examined (public sector and private sector)
* Tougher border laws

Bad
* Forced vaccinations
* Stronger Federal government
* Cellphone surveillance on normal people spikes
* Collapse of commercial real estate with the possible increase in workers from home
I missed this the first time.

Great predictions .
Misused the tougher border laws and collapse of commercial real estate. Nailed forced vax and cellphone surveillance.

Commercial real estate is so insanely expensive it's not even funny.

You could find 16 per sq for a basic class A back in 2005.

Now class A is 22 to 24 in a suburban area and up to 40 in a metro area and mainly triple net.

Something has to budge and I do see a major influx of work from home happening after this.

I would’ve expected the exact opposite given the number of businesses moving online. Somewhere here specializes in commercial (maybe Hog or McDad)

just like yours did after 911? Don't act like your party isn't chomping at the bit to add more layers of govt with this. They just created a half trillion dollar slush fund for corps and fought any oversight

I’m my options are only democrats who openly admit they want bigger government or republicans who claim to oppose it but the majority never do, I’ll still vote for the x% chance that the Republican will do it vs the 0% chance the democrats will

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I missed this the first time.

Great predictions .
Misused the tougher border laws and collapse of commercial real estate. Nailed forced vax and cellphone surveillance.
I'm not sure what is still propping up commercial real estate at this point. There are still several offices running at reduced capacity because of COVID restrictions. My company went back to 30% around the time delta got hyped up in August and is still there. These companies have got to be reevaluating and/or getting rid of all this office space.

I would’ve expected the exact opposite given the number of businesses moving online. Somewhere here specializes in commercial (maybe Hog or McDad)

I can’t see my post date but I am guessing it was late 20 to early 21. I don’t know rates now as we switched to working from home and haven’t changed that. We have a very small pay as you go office now that one person rotates in and out of just to have a physical presence.

Reactions: Vol8188
The last 2 years, as hellacious as it has been, may have been the best thing to happen for some of these folks. We're seeing leftists and centrists like Joe Rogan, Jimmy Dore, Bill Maher, Naomi Wolf and Russel Brand understanding the horror of a lot of these left wing bureaucrats and their ideologies. I just wish that some of these clowns on the right would recognize the dangers from our destructive foreign policy and militarized police state.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I can name the good and the bad possibilities

Good
* Working and schooling from home will pick up momentum
* With less need for rush hour commuting, less need for some highway expansion projects
* Jobs labeled "non-essential" during the outbreak will get re-examined (public sector and private sector)
* Tougher border laws
Bad
* Forced vaccinations
* Stronger Federal government
* Cellphone surveillance on normal people spikes
* Collapse of commercial real estate with the possible increase in workers from home

85% of workers want remote work in 'tug of war' with employers: study

Remote Work Is Costing Manhattan More Than $12 Billion a Year

I have a friend that works tech marketing. Lived in the city forever and had done quite well. Left his $12,000/month apartment and moved to New Zealand. Still working remotely. Apartment is still not rented.
Where does your friend pay taxes? He can't be a NZ citizen can he? Surely he is smart enough to not be paying NY taxes still...

Where does your friend pay taxes? He can't be a NZ citizen can he? Surely he is smart enough to not be paying NY taxes still...
Frequently Asked Questions about Filing Requirements, Residency, and Telecommuting for New York State Personal Income Tax

My primary office is inside New York State, but I am telecommuting from outside of the state due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Do I owe New York taxes on the income I earn while telecommuting?
If you are a nonresident whose primary office is in New York State, your days telecommuting during the pandemic are considered days worked in the state unless your employer has established a bona fide employer office at your telecommuting location.

There are a number of factors that determine whether your employer has established a bona fide employer office at your telecommuting location. In general, unless your employer specifically acted to establish a bona fide employer office at your telecommuting location, you will continue to owe New York State income tax on income earned while telecommuting.

Frequently Asked Questions about Filing Requirements, Residency, and Telecommuting for New York State Personal Income Tax

My primary office is inside New York State, but I am telecommuting from outside of the state due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Do I owe New York taxes on the income I earn while telecommuting?
If you are a nonresident whose primary office is in New York State, your days telecommuting during the pandemic are considered days worked in the state unless your employer has established a bona fide employer office at your telecommuting location.

There are a number of factors that determine whether your employer has established a bona fide employer office at your telecommuting location. In general, unless your employer specifically acted to establish a bona fide employer office at your telecommuting location, you will continue to owe New York State income tax on income earned while telecommuting.
Gee, I wonder why people are leaving NY?

LOL So to review: You don't live there so you don't avail yourself to ANY of the goods and services 'provided' by the city/state. All you use is perhaps a phone line that was privately installed. Therefore, you owe income tax based on the phantom dollars you make while 'working there'.

They don't even try to hide the theft anymore.

How stupid are people?

VN Store

Back