The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us want to see progress. That's what we got today. Not happy about losing, but progress is enough for me this year.

I would be throwing the confetti over what I regarded as tangible evidence of real progress. I gotta see something that looks like this for two games in a row before I regard it as evidence of that. Tonight was a great effort against a good team that A) didn't play their best game and B) kept having critical player after critical player go out with big injuries. I need to see it again against South Carolina before I think we're clearly making progress.

We've had several close gut-punch losses to good teams before during this Long Vol Nightmare. Every time people say we're turning the corner. Every time we haven't. Let's see what we do about the Cocks.

*if I change it to the FF version of "moran" does it make my apology any better? I'm just a little cranky, I'm sorry.
Definitely. Its all good, man. I feel ya...feel like my guts have been ripped out. I think I had forgotten what its like to watch a UT football game were we went toe to toe with a highly ranked team with a chance to win.

We've had several close gut-punch losses to good teams before during this Long Vol Nightmare. Every time people say we're turning the corner. Every time we haven't. Let's see what we do about the Cocks.

I kinda wish we were playing them next week. I kinda think they would play more inspired rather than having a week off to simmer. Or maybe not, i don't know.

I would be throwing the confetti over what I regarded as tangible evidence of real progress. I gotta see something that looks like this for two games in a row before I regard it as evidence of that. Tonight was a great effort against a good team that A) didn't play their best game and B) kept having critical player after critical player go out with big injuries. I need to see it again against South Carolina before I think we're clearly making progress.

Fair assessment.

Definitely. Its all good, man. I feel ya...feel like my guts have been ripped out. I think I had forgotten what its like to watch a UT football game were we went toe to toe with a highly ranked team with a chance to win.

You weren't watching against Georgia or South Carolina last year?

You weren't watching against Georgia or South Carolina last year?

I was but...I don't know, it was a different feeling. Maybe I had been conditioned to Dooley ball or maybe it was just what I felt was "our luck" but at no point that I can remember during either of those games did I ever think "we've got this, we can win this game." I thought that tonight. I genuinely thought we had it. Maybe it's a renewed perspective and sense of confidence this year but I thought we had it...and that's why I hurts so damn bad.

I agree with this. I loved what I saw out of the players and the team as a whole tonight, but you're not going to hear any "turning the corner" talk from me until we actually win one of these big games. We've been too close before, only to fall flat.

Helluva pitcher's duel in Oakland. 0-0 in the 8th. Gray and Verlander combined for 20 Ks (7/11 for Verlander, 8/9 for Gray).

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back