The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...in Game 4. Greinke vs Medlen could have easily gone their way.

I don't doubt that at all. I had a good feeling about Game 5 though. We were due an offensive breakout. Can't believe we only hit one garbage time HR. Oh well, moot point anyway. LA is the better team. Facing Kershaw twice is daunting to say the least.

No premium sub needed at all. Most all of the games will be on the Fox Sports South channels.

Interesting. I'm about 95% sure this is finally going to be the year I come off the money for NBA League Pass to watch the Pacers. They've got about 20 games on national TV this year, but I think I'm just going to pay for subscription so I can watch whenever I want, which will probably be most every game. With that in mind, I'll probably be home 3-4 nights a week watching hoops, so there will probably be some good overlap with the Preds, and I do enjoy watching hockey, so I'll probably try to start watching at least parts of their games and see if I get more into it.

I don't doubt that at all. I had a good feeling about Game 5 though. We were due an offensive breakout. Can't believe we only hit one garbage time HR. Oh well, moot point anyway. LA is the better team. Facing Kershaw twice is daunting to say the least.

Yep.. Them jokers for real.

So it is basically a given that Barnett commits to us this afternoon. Nice.

Clint Hurdle is probably working on his Fredi Gonzalez impersonation as we speak.

Maybe Amy Crawford will bring us some of that San Francisco Giants magic though.

gerrit-cole-amy-crawford-full-e1375978715187.png

At this point, I am very confident that Malone will be a VOL too.

this concludes Scotty's recruiting updates for the next few weeks.

Just curious, because I don't really follow recruiting, but what's the max number of guys we can sign this year? I see we're already at 25 commits, so obviously there isn't just a ton of room left.

I think we can sign 39 this year depending on EEs. That's what Wu said a couple updates ago.

Haha I'm totally screwing around. I truly thought it was exactly 30 but I dunno.

I've been out of the details of the recruiting loop past couple weeks. Seems like the # has changed a couple times.

Blair is a ridiculous pull. 7 more? we'll get the Berries, and it looks like we will get Barnett, Mosley, maybe Malone.

Reactions: 1 person
I've been out of the details of the recruiting loop past couple weeks. Seems like the # has changed a couple times.

Blair is a ridiculous pull. 7 more? we'll get the Berries, and it looks like we will get Barnett, Mosley, maybe Malone.

Yep, 7 more. Those you listed are looking good, plus we are going to try to add another running back now that Paulk tore his ACL

Keeping Paulk though, right?

Nobody has been able to confirm for sure, but vol74 claims we are going to grey shirt him to open up a scholarship. Have a little bit of trouble believing that though, I'd prefer to have him on campus rehabbing.

7 more.. Barnett, Berry, Berry, Mosley, Malone, a RB, and Garrett would be nice.

I really would like to keep Paulk as part of this class. Ew. Don't like the thought of that.

2 spots besides the five i listed (berry,berry,barnett,mosley,malone,____,____) I listed... RB and DL/Garrett with a "big fish" replacing either of those spots. I think that works.

Correct about Garrett. Just feel like I've heard LSU/grade issues a lot.

Nobody has been able to confirm for sure, but vol74 claims we are going to grey shirt him to open up a scholarship. Have a little bit of trouble believing that though, I'd prefer to have him on campus rehabbing.

Was he going to be an EE this year? If so, I can see that but if he was going to be a summer or fall enrollee, I don't know that having him essentially wait one semester and come in as an EE for 15 would be that big of a deal.

Just in case some of you don't see it in the FF...Freak just posted a discount code for 30% off at Football Fanatics for pretty much everything but jerseys. Code is FriendsFamily.

Only until 3:00, btw

Reactions: 2 people
Was he going to be an EE this year? If so, I can see that but if he was going to be a summer or fall enrollee, I don't know that having him essentially wait one semester and come in as an EE for 15 would be that big of a deal.

How does a greyshirt work? Iant he on campus and can practice, just can't dress for the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back