The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 more.. Barnett, Berry, Berry, Mosley, Malone, a RB, and Garrett would be nice.

Or Jackson. I doubt we land either but if he actually follows through with an OV for the AU game it might get a little more interesting.

Was he going to be an EE this year? If so, I can see that but if he was going to be a summer or fall enrollee, I don't know that having him essentially wait one semester and come in as an EE for 15 would be that big of a deal.

Honestly can't remember if he was one or not, but good point

How does a greyshirt work? Iant he on campus and can practice, just can't dress for the game?

He would be like Tom Smith and stay at home this fall semester before enrolling in the spring. A grey shirt is not allowed to have access to team facilities or personnel.

How does a greyshirt work? Iant he on campus and can practice, just can't dress for the game?

No, I'm pretty sure that if he wanted to be on campus for the fall semester it would have to be on his own dime. I was saying having him actually just stay home for that semester and come in before second semester in January of 15. Like 13 said, it would be a lot better for him to be here rehabbing in our facilities but, if numbers start to get as tight as the appear, it might not be the worst tactic in the world.

How do we feel about this band issue?

Honestly haven't even looked into what that thread is talking about, because I really don't care whether some bozo is blowing a song into a tuba or if it is being played over a loud speaker. The band really has no effect on my gameday experience

How do we feel about this band issue?

A POS member is on Treece's show saying the ultimate goal is to cut down to Rocky Top after touchdowns only.

My take is keep Down the Field and Rocky Top, drop Livin on a Prayer and play some new stuff.

I'm fine with piping in modern music though as long as POS isn't eliminated.

What's the final verdict? I read the first page hoping to get the gist, but after getting through that and seeing there were 6 more pages to go through, I'll hope to get a summary here.

According to a band member who is on the phone with the Treece show, the only time the band will play in the stands is after we score they will play Rocky Top. I don't think its a huge deal but im torn on if i like it. Something about the band playing gets me pumped up for football. But i never go to games anyways so i guess it doesn't really bother me.

A POS member is on Treece's show saying the ultimate goal is to cut down to Rocky Top after touchdowns only.

My take is keep Down the Field and Rocky Top, drop Livin on a Prayer and play some new stuff.

I'm fine with piping in modern music though as long as POS isn't eliminated.

Agreed. You know there is no way in hell they are getting rid of Rocky Top (even though I might be able to get behind playing it a few less times during the game) but doing away with Down the Field would be disappointing to me. The rest can go as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. You know there is no way in hell they are getting rid of Rocky Top (even though I might be able to get behind playing it a few less times during the game) but doing away with Down the Field would be disappointing to me. The rest can go as far as I'm concerned.

Apparently they're going to do away with DTF, which is really sad.

I do like hearing the band when its like 3rd and goal for the opposing team, it gets the crowd pumped up and makes it hard on them and they burn a TO. That happened with Georgia this past game, but it was 3rd and long not 3rd and goal. Aaron Murray was calling for the snap but the center couldn't hear him. Will playing 2 Chains over the speakers get the crowd that pumped up? To me, thats part of college football.

I could care less if they stop playing the modern songs, but keep Rocky Top, Down the Field, and some of the short stuff like Fight Vols Fight and whatever its called when they say "Let's-Go-U-T".
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
I mean, who really cares how many times they play Rocky Top? If it gets the crowd hyped up after a big play or coming back from a TV timeout, play it as often as you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back