The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been another city that has won championships in all four major North American sports in a 10 year period?

The closest is Los Angeles, and even at that you have to count Anaheim as LA and drop down to college to get the football title.

Lakers - 2002, 2009, 2010
Angels - 2002
Kings - 2012
USC - 2003(split), 2004

Miami
Phoenix
Philadelphia
Minneapolis
Denver
Cleveland (if you include Columbus)
Tampa (if you include Orlando)

I forgot about Philly ans Phoenix, i wasnt sure about Minneapolis, and i didn't know Miami has a hockey team. I guess Tampa can include Orlando.

I would guess the closest to maybe achieving it would be Philly? I don't know the time frames of any of theirs either though.

I would ask you why Derek Jeter has been great in the ALDS, great in the World Seires, but awful in the ALCS. WHY CAN HE NOT TURN IT ON IN THE SECOND ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS, MIKE??

FOOTBALL IS DOOMED
THERE IS NO SUCH THlNG AS CLUTCH
ANYONE WHO DRINKS ANYTHING OTHER THAN BLACK COFFEE, WATER, WHISKEY OR BEER IS A PUSSY

What am I missing?

I can buy the clutch argument for basketball but I can't buy it for football and especially baseball.

Edgar Martinez? And i have no idea if he was actually any good or not statistically lol. And Ortiz is ahead of him.

I'm not gonna bother wasting my time looking up stats for a pure DH, he says, spitting disgustedly into the dirt, but my offhand judgment is that I'd take Ortiz. Assuming I can get him all roided up.

I would ask you why Derek Jeter has been great in the ALDS, great in the World Seires, but awful in the ALCS. WHY CAN HE NOT TURN IT ON IN THE SECOND ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS, MIKE??

Dog, you are so right there, he can't ever get it done in that second round.

I can buy the clutch argument for basketball but I can't buy it for football and especially baseball.

Basketball is actually the easiest sport to do a statistical analysis of, at least as far as evaluating what one guy does shooting the basketball, and they haven't been able to prove it there either. They can't even prove that hot streaks by a shooter exist.

You guys agree that Mike Vick is the best athlete in Atlanta sports history? amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back