The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we all like Maggitt, but that's strange if true. Hardly any player ever wants to redshirt if given the choice. In this 4-3 he could very easily get recruited over unless he gets quicker or converts to DE. Strange.

Coaches want a bowl game, I'd imagine that is why they want him to play. Maggitt probably doesn't trust his knee yet. Guessing that is why he may want to the red shirt. JMO.

I know we all like Maggitt, but that's strange if true. Hardly any player ever wants to redshirt if given the choice. In this 4-3 he could very easily get recruited over unless he gets quicker or converts to DE. Strange.

If he can stay healthy I don't see that at all. The NC State game was the only one that he was healthy last year and was a difference maker on defense and had plenty of quickness until the injury

If he can stay healthy I don't see that at all. The NC State game was the only one that he was healthy last year and was a difference maker on defense and had plenty of quickness until the injury

I hope you're right. He's a guy everyone likes and pulls for.

Maybe bleedorange will be able to breath again now.

Good trade off for UT. Now we don't have one totally non-revenue generating away game one year and have the Bristol game which I assume Bruton Smith will paying us well for. Bristol is also more affordable for the majority of fans to travel to. Plus, the Nebraska series has at least been tentatively rescheduled and it happened early enough that Nebraska still lined up a marquee opponent in our place. Seems like a win for just about everybody involved.

Good trade off for UT. Now we don't have one totally non-revenue generating away game one year and have the Bristol game which I assume Bruton Smith will paying us well for. Bristol is also more affordable for the majority of fans to travel to. Plus, the Nebraska series has at least been tentatively rescheduled and it happened early enough that Nebraska still lined up a marquee opponent in our place. Seems like a win for just about everybody involved.

Aren't you angry that they didn't just cancel the Nebraska series outright?

Aren't you angry that they didn't just cancel the Nebraska series outright?

Not really. Playing one decent OCC opponent is reasonable, because other SEC schools are doing that as well. I can't recall a single instance where another SEC school scheduled two perennial top 25 teams in the same season.

I have to imagine the SEC's policy of evaluating the conference schedule on a year to year basis and resulting uncertainty played a role in this. They didn't want to turn down the Bristol opportunity, but once the conference schedule goes to 9 games there will be years we play 5 conference road games. Add the away game to Nebraska and a neutral site game with VT and you had a recipe for a season where there were only 5 games at Neyland. I doubt anyone in the AD wanted that to happen.

Water being wet and all...

DOB in reference to Frank Wren:
Wren indicated interest in re-signing Tim Hudson

Braves fully anticipate Beachy will be completely ready for spring training

Braves Wren on a No. 1: "We recognize that's an area of need. Whether we can acquire that before our young guys arrive remains to be seen."

Braves Wren on whether Gattis showed he can be every-day catcher: "I think so. I think we saw that from spring training."

Braves Wren said Fredi G managed through lot of injuries, lot of performance ups and downs....

Asked about La Stella, #Braves Wren said a "small handful" of young players who'll come to camp with chance to win spots, maybe in lineup.

Would the Braves want Homer Bailey? I'm willing to bet he is not in a Reds uniform come next April.

I'd take Johnson and perhaps a prospect from the Braves for him.

One of these guys?

Third Basemen
Wilson Betemit *
Eric Chavez
Mark DeRosa
Mike Fontenot
Jerry Hairston Jr.
Brandon Inge
Placido Polanco
Mark Reynolds
Juan Uribe
Kevin Youkilis
Michael Young

How about we just keep the one we've got and let some other team keep the #3 starter he'd likely yield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back