The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bailey is career .500 pitcher making over 5 million a year.

Bailey's problem is all in the head IMO , the stuff is there and he really seemed to figure things out down the stretch. As far as Chris Johnson goes, it is just hard to say that he is going to keep his .394 babip next year. I'd still agree with holding onto Johnson, but it is not that outlandish of a trade

Bailey's problem is all in the head IMO , the stuff is there and he really seemed to figure things out down the stretch. As far as Chris Johnson goes, it is just hard to say that he is going to keep his .394 babip next year. I'd still agree with holding onto Johnson, but it is not that outlandish of a trade

Correct. He had a career year. He's been about average for the totality of it. That's not really a knock on Johnson but it is what it is.

I was just curious how fans of other teams regard Bailey.

CJ did have a great LD% this year and has more oppo hits than ever in his career. He also has always had a high BABIP.
Not .394 but I definitely think he can pull a .300/.340/.450 guy the next two years.

Haha just goofin around. :pardon:

Just wondering if a sell high approach might be the way to go.

There's definitely a school of thought that says they need to treat CJ as found money and unload him ASAP while he has value. I guess it comes down to whether they believe he fielded the position good enough and can hit .280 next year.

"The only thing I can say to the fans is, if they can hang in there, we're going to be good," Schiano said Monday. "If they can't, we're still going to be good and they're welcome back. I'm not being smart; I mean that."

-Greg Schiano

Lol

I have 4 tickets to the game saturday and I just gave them away. I will not be part of a circus in front of a National TV audience because my University is run by a booger-picker..

This is NOT the way to resolve matters, they are acting more childish than Congress and that is certainly saying something.

So, GO VOLS, i'll be watching on TV until this BS is resolved.

Edit: I should say that I support the Band 10000%, it is one of the best gameday traditions around -- and they should have worked this out behind closed doors, but now that it is public -- YOU WANT A FIGHT UT?? YOU GOT ONE.

I can't believe we are in the middle of football season and the freaking band director being fired is the hot topic of conversation

Did anything definitive ever come out or was it just a bunch of rumors and speculation? I gave up trying to gather any info from the original thread when the story "broke" because it was such a ****show in there.

Did anything definitive ever come out or was it just a bunch of rumors and speculation? I gave up trying to gather any info from the original thread when the story "broke" because it was such a ****show in there.

What I saw was the athletic department pretty much shot down most of it as lies. Then they fired the band director today for insubordination. I haven't followed it all that closely though

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back