The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being the best shooter in the world wasn't given to him at birth.

True. He's worked his ass off.

But you aren't the best playmaker at birth either.

And again, Durant was born to shoot the ball in terms of his ability. With his athletic ability, being 6'10 (maybe 6'11) and a 7'5 wingspan, he's the perfect made shooter.

But damn, that jumper is beautiful.

And to respond to the themes from this thread tonight but not wanting to quote everybody involved:

Parker>CP3: I don't have all the stats at my finger tips like I'm sure Z does but I know that watching the two play that TP is involved in every play, scoring or not, and facilitates the O from start to finish. CP runs Lob City in the season but when it matters you get 75% clear out for Chris and let him try and make something out of nothing. How'd that strategy work against Tony Allen?

And difference between LeBron vs KD? One word, defense. Best perimeter defender since Scottie vs an ok, at best, defender?

When he wants to be. I'm not old enough to 100% remember for myself but I doubt MJ had a problem with effort or focus, and I highly doubt Scotty ever lacked it on the defensive end.

True. He's worked his ass off.

But you aren't the best playmaker at birth either.

And again, Durant was born to shoot the ball in terms of his ability. With his athletic ability, being 6'10 (maybe 6'11) and a 7'5 wingspan, he's the perfect made shooter.

But damn, that jumper is beautiful.

Word

When he wants to be. I'm not old enough to 100% remember for myself but I doubt MJ had a problem with effort or focus, and I highly doubt Scotty ever lacked it on the defensive end.

Can definitely agree with the point about Scottie or MJ on the effort scale but, specifically in regard to Scottie, he knew he could focus 75% of his effort on D bc MJ was always on O. LBJ can't ever do that.

Can definitely agree with the point about Scottie or MJ on the effort scale but, specifically in regard to Scottie, he knew he could focus 75% of his effort on D bc MJ was always on O. LBJ can't ever do that.

Somewhat agree, but people are still acting like lebron is in Cleveland. Cut the umbilical cord. Dwade and Bosh aren't chopped liver. Haslem is knocking down baseline jumpers. The best shooter in history is lining em up behind the arc. Battier and birdman are phenomenal role players. I mean really..

Up until Jordan won his first title at age 27 (the same age James was when he won last year), most of the same crap was said about him, minus of course the existence of the Internet and Twitter and Skip Bayless. The believed infallibility of Michael Jordan is mostly a retroactive phenomenon; it didn't really kick in during his career until he was about 33.

Somewhat agree, but people are still acting like lebron is in Cleveland. Cut the umbilical cord. Dwade and Bosh aren't chopped liver. Haslem is knocking down baseline jumpers. The best shooter in history is lining em up behind the arc. Battier and birdman are phenomenal role players. I mean really..

I agree. It's a really good constructed team and Birdman really helps them.

Bosh is too inconsistent for me and Wade struggles comes playoff time because he can't be the #1 playmaker and doesn't play the 2nd banana role well. I think people are really surprised Wade has dropped off like this. He did the same thing last year.

At this point Wade is pretty clearly chopped liver.

Bosh is a vajayjay.

It's been real.. Gotta get some rest. Taking in Julio vs the stras tomorrow. Praying reed Johnson isn't in the lineup. Gerald laird is enough of a waste of coin.

I still can't help but be impressed by Jordan scoring so much after he was so hungover against the Jazz

Would take both on the grizzlies right now

The existence of Marc Gasol means you could put up with Bosh. Wade is probably just done. Wade is what Kobe would have become if Kobe hadn't put in all the work to make himself a deadly perimeter shooter once he lost that step to the basket.

I'd be at least a little surprised if Tyler Hansbrough shouldn't be in prison for something.

The existence of Marc Gasol means you could put up with Bosh. Wade is probably just done. Wade is what Kobe would have become if Kobe hadn't put in all the work to make himself a deadly perimeter shooter once he lost that step to the basket.

100%

Love me some Kobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back