The Atlanta Braves Thread

Aside from Willy, what trade piece have we shipped off that would help this team?
lol what do you mean “aside from Willy” aside from trading away the guy who is actually better and CHEAPER than the guy you traded him for?

And if you stop building your organization because you have 7 positions locked up you are 1,000,000% doing it wrong.

I’m not opposed to trading, I’m opposed to trading now, when we can sign and keep our potential players

Reactions: Volfan1000
Because I want to have an actual farm that develop real players?

Jim Riley of Ball Cap Sports says in his latest You Tube podcast that Randy Arozarena of Tampa could potentially be dealt to the Dodgers, Guardians or Braves.

Arozarena would slide into the left field spot and I have not watched the podcast yet but I assume that Marcell Osuna could be part of the potential trade package going back to Tampa.

Thoughts from the board on this potential move?

lol what do you mean “aside from Willy” aside from trading away the guy who is actually better and CHEAPER than the guy you traded him for?

And if you stop building your organization because you have 7 positions locked up you are 1,000,000% doing it wrong.

I’m not opposed to trading, I’m opposed to trading now, when we can sign and keep our potential players

So you’re just upset over Willy? Because there’s no one else. Really weird stance.

They won the World Series because of the trades they made — I think they’re building the organization just fine. 👍🏻

So you’re just upset over Willy? Because there’s no one else. Really weird stance.

They won the World Series because of the trades they made — I think they’re building the organization just fine. 👍🏻

Willy trade was dumb and I love Murphy. But that’s whatever. I do not think we should trade what very little capital we have at this moment. Especially when you can upgrade through free agency.

Also, it ain’t worked the last two seasons and won’t work again unless they do something different.

Maybe we can trade for a 4 borderline players again at the break and every single one of them have career streaks at the same time again.

Reactions: TBrown
I am frustrated that AA refuses to give a SP anything past a one year deal

I understand it because pitchers are more injury prone than position players especially with most pitchers throwing gas nowadays. It just makes it more crucial to be really good at drafting and developing pitchers.

Braves are cheap. Will continue to be cheap because it's a corporation and not a billionaire owner. We aren't signing any top FA ever. If we didn't sign Freddie, we will never sign anybody. Hopefully we run into another A's who are tanking to move the team.

Braves are cheap. Will continue to be cheap because it's a corporation and not a billionaire owner. We aren't signing any top FA ever. If we didn't sign Freddie, we will never sign anybody. Hopefully we run into another A's who are tanking to move the team.
10th, 9th, and 10th. That’s where we ranked in total payroll the last 3 years and currently for this upcoming year we’re 6th. If you compare us to the top market teams then yes I guess you could say we’re cheap but AA has shown he’ll give big money to the right guy. Heck he offered Nola at last $27Mil AAV. Be patient a move is coming.

On Willie Martinez's rumored retirement:

I do not believe that to be the case. We all know his contract is set to expire but I think there is a real legitimate chance he could get extended.

-AP

Man surely not 🫠

We also need to recruit better at the position. We’ve had a few diamonds in the rough like Sutton and Mosely, but we haven’t brought in studs
Supposedly Bates wants to come here but fan noise wanting WM to be fired has him concerned he won't be here.
I'd rather get rid of WM though.

We also need to recruit better at the position. We’ve had a few diamonds in the rough like Sutton and Mosely, but we haven’t brought in studs

Man I can’t even remember the last 5* DB we’ve brought in. Was it Janzen Jackson???

VN Store

Back