The Biden/Harris Administration Accomplishments Thread

I'm not sure "mediocrity" is necessarily the best way to express your thought but I think your premise is sound.

Imagine if you had a mechanic that didn't choose the best tool for the job based on the actual merit but rather wanted to be sure to be more inclusive of other tools. Like say a ratchet would absolutely be the better choice but that seems discriminatory (the ratchets get used a lot) he feels he should "level the playing field" by using some pliers. Would you consider this guy a good mechanic?

If the pliers (or screwdriver, or crescent wrench, whatever) are the right tool for the job then fine. Even the concept that the right tool for the job is supposed to be predicated on some degree of fairness in usage is f'ing ridiculous.

I have a golf buddy like that. He’ll sometimes pick club based on whether he’s hit it that day or not.

Mediocrity isn’t always in play but when you set out to hire based on diversity you’re admitting you’re willing to accept less than the best even if it isn’t always a given.

But you have described a selection system based on merit. In your original post(s) you indicated that 80% of people drafted by the NFL should quite possibly be women to "balance the scales of injustice." I'm all for merit based selection. If 90% of the judges happen to be women because of that, I'm good with it. If it happened six of the Supreme Court justices were Martians who judged the way Clarence Thomas does, I'm with it. I'd be ready to go to war if any SCOTUS judge is as stupid as AOC.

I'll go further, if there is a 340lb woman who can run a 4.77 40yd dash and has proven she can keep the linebackers clean, she should be a first round draft pick.
I have described a system where 'merit' is determined by multiple factors.

Clarence Thomas is married to a Martian, so you're not far off.

See if this helps...............

I am going to open an athletic training facility for youth in Gwinnett County (very diverse).
I plan to have 6 coaches/trainers in my initial start up.
I will not hire 6 white guys.
I will not hire 6 black guys.
I will not hire 6 women.
My business plan dictates that the wisest move would be to have a diverse staff.
I will have at least one white male, at least one black male, at least one white female, at least one black female, and at least one Hispanic.
If my first four hires are male, my next two will be female.....PERIOD.
If my first three hires are black, my next three hires will be white or Hispanic.

Fire away!!!!!!

How about the 6 people most qualified and let the diversity chips fall where they may.

rac·ist
adjective

1. prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
    "we are investigating complaints about racist abuse"
noun

1. a person who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
    "he has been targeted by vicious racists online"

…you should really stop trying to make excuses for racism and racist people . It’s not a good look .

3C31EEDA-1F17-4846-8080-8BFC4A27E1C7.jpeg
2594A2C3-D25B-4410-B11C-BC556858DEB4.jpeg
CE434452-3240-4AA1-9C7B-5CA88D44115B.jpeg

Reactions: AM64 and allvol123

I am going to open an athletic training facility for youth in Gwinnett County (very diverse).
I will not hire 6 women.
My business plan dictates that the wisest move would be to have a diverse staff.
I will have at least one white male, at least one black male, at least one white female, at least one black female, and at least one Hispanic.
If my first three hires are black, my next three hires will be white or Hispanic.

Fire away!!!!!!
Well, if I'm training people for curling, I'm probably hiring six white Norwegian men.

If I'm training football and/or baseball players, I'm probably not hiring any woman, period.

If I'm training beach volleyball, I'll hire just as many Swedish bikini models as my wife will allow me to.

But you have described a selection system based on merit. In your original post(s) you indicated that 80% of people drafted by the NFL should quite possibly be women to "balance the scales of injustice." I'm all for merit based selection. If 90% of the judges happen to be women because of that, I'm good with it. If it happened six of the Supreme Court justices were Martians who judged the way Clarence Thomas does, I'm with it. I'd be ready to go to war if any SCOTUS judge is as stupid as AOC.

I'll go further, if there is a 340lb woman who can run a 4.77 40yd dash and has proven she can keep the linebackers clean, she should be a first round draft pick.

Imagine having a HC come out before a draft and flatly stating "With our 7 picks in this years draft we will be selecting 2 AA, 2 white and 2 that are neither of those. The 7th must be gay or, if none are available, myself, the OC and the DC will roshambo for the final selection."

Government only steps in when and where society fails. Society proved itself to be a colossal failure on some issues.
You want less government? Be a better society,
Who decides that Society has failed and Government is needed to fill the void? Society?

Reactions: luthervol
Well, if I'm training people for curling, I'm probably hiring six white Norwegian men.

If I'm training football and/or baseball players, I'm probably not hiring any woman, period.

If I'm training beach volleyball, I'll hire just as many Swedish bikini models as my wife will allow me to.
That's a clever way of saying you see my point without actually having to say it.

Who decides that Society has failed and Government is needed to fill the void? Society?

The red coats tried and failed , the federalists tried and failed , the communists have tried and failed , now we are down to the progressives .

Reactions: AM64

I will not hire 6 women.

Fire away!!!!!!
I'm betting in today's economy, you'll hire who you can hire....and hope you can afford 6 "quality" trainers regardless of sex or race.

Imagine having a HC come out before a draft and flatly stating "With our 7 picks in this years draft we will be selecting 2 AA, 2 white and 2 that are neither of those. The 7th must be gay or, if none are available, myself, the OC and the DC will roshambo for the final selection."

Freaking hilarious. You won the day.

That would be stupid. He would be fired. He hopefully will draft the people he thinks will best make the franchise successful.
Lot's of factors go into those decisions.

That's simply nonsense.
But I now know that you know you are being nonsensical.

Yeah. How is it nonsense? Is being White a qualification for being a judge? Female? Asian? Black? Gay? Some other type of Alphabet person? You're the one spouting nonsense. Just admit your decisions are based on feelings and we're all good.

That would be stupid. He would be fired. He hopefully will draft the people he thinks will best make the franchise successful.

I guess it’s a good thing most other business can blend in their diversity even if it means taking a loss.

But Luther, he would be doing the Lord's work. As you said, it would:

"balance the scales of injustice."

Reactions: allvol123

It would be stupid and anyone going into ANY selection process where merit should matter but must be arbitrarily squared with a predetermined equality of representation outside of merits specific to the task should be fired. It matters not one iota the selection process in question.

Yeah. How is it nonsense? Is being White a qualification for being a judge? Female? Asian? Black? Gay? Some other type of Alphabet person? You're the one spouting nonsense. Just admit your decisions are based on feelings and we're all good.
I believe that a properly functioning judicial system that best serves society will have a diversity of judges.
Just as I know that my training business will be best when I have a diverse group of qualified trainers.
Anything else is what is truly nonsense.

I believe that a properly functioning judicial system that best serves society will have a diversity of judges.
Just as I know that my training business will be best when I have a diverse group of qualified trainers.
Anything else is what is truly nonsense.

No, what you say is nonsense. The most qualified is always the best. If it checks a diversity box that’s ok too.

It would be stupid and anyone going into ANY selection process where merit should matter but must be arbitrarily squared with a predetermined equality of representation outside of merits specific to the task should be fired. It matters not one iota the selection process in question.
Biden should make picks that he feels will make the franchise (America) most successful.
I think he is doing a fantastic job of doing just that.

VN Store

Back