The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Don't know if anyone here is the baseball forum ventures over to the football recruiting forum but a member of our board that is a mainstay over there has passed away....she went by @SweetasSoda...there is a thread over there that has a gofundme set up for her family. So sad.

Do you remember James Worthy? He played with Magic and Kareem. He's obviously wayyyy before my time and from the vhs my dad has, he seems like he was really good.

I ask/mention his name because he seemed like he was as quick as any to have ever played hoops, but isn't talked about much at all.

What was your impression of him?
He was before my time also but I’ve seen enough video to know he was one of the better players in that era. Those Lakers teams in the 80s were stacked. Michael Cooper was another one that isn’t talked about as much. He was one of best defenders of that era.

Do you remember James Worthy? He played with Magic and Kareem. He's obviously wayyyy before my time and from the vhs my dad has, he seems like he was really good.

I ask/mention his name because he seemed like he was as quick as any to have ever played hoops, but isn't talked about much at all.

James Worthy was a great basketball player, James, Magic, Kareem, Byron Scott, Micheal Cooper, Kurt Rambis, Jamal Wilkes, Norm Nixon, Mychal Thompson, Bob McAdoo and many more . Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise in history. Those damn Northeasterners are 2nd all day everyday.

Reactions: VolPack22

Bonds and Clemens were connected to PEDs so they may never get in. Rose is an entirely different issue. Even with the gambling rules in today’s game it states you cannot bet on MLB games, which he did. So even by today’s rules he would still be violating the league rules. I think I would still vote him in though. You could tell by the way he played that he wasn’t throwing games or damaging the integrity of the game. Betting and PEDs are not equivalents when looking at a player’s career imo.

Bonds and Clemens were connected to PEDs so they may never get in. Rose is an entirely different issue. Even with the gambling rules in today’s game it states you cannot bet on MLB games, which he did. So even by today’s rules he would still be violating the league rules. I think I would still vote him in though. You could tell by the way he played that he wasn’t throwing games or damaging the integrity of the game. Betting and PEDs are not equivalents when looking at a player’s career imo.
The problem for Rose was I believe he bet on the Reds when he managed them. That was the big deal, if he had been betting on games not involving Reds don't believe it's an issue.

What's up with that arrogant guy shaking his head at the top? McElroy is extremely biased, hotheaded, and unprofessional. He has no business doing games at ESPN when ESPN is now the official network of SEC football. He is a hater of Bama rivals. His true feelings came out for all to see. He will be even more pissed that he got slammed by Vol Twitter for this, and even more deliberately unfair and biased.

If he wants to go do Big 10 games, fine, if they'll take him.
He has accomplished what he was trying to do. He upset a fan base to get a reaction, to get his name out there. He has won this battle as he knew he would. Just like the other joker on the SEC Network.

We could make him go away if everyone would never mention his name again, but some just can’t do that.

What do y’all think about DK being selected by the Lakers? Also, I’ve been in a dream for the past two days and it’s finally hitting me. The 2024 National Champions are the mothafkn Vols! I must’ve watched the 9th inning with Combs dozens of times. They set so many records, including individual records. The first #1 seed overall to break the 25yr old curse! 60wins! This team will be in the discussion for one of the best teams of all time.
Yeah we need a complete list of all the records and accomplishments.

I’ll put it this way, if Kareem and Magic were C-Mo and Dylan Dreiling, then James Worthy would be Hunter Ensley.
Worthy just packed his lunch and went to damn work everyday!!
He was a player!

Last edited:
Having had several prostate exams, there is nothing enjoyable about the experience at all. But you won't squeak when you walk away.

That doesn’t surprise me at all.
Much like a colonoscopy the patient is likely to feel unhappy because it’s an invasive method for getting any valuable information.

Another Summer day for people to enjoy the 2024 NBA Draft.

Wouldn't that be great if we had a time machine to go back to those years to watch those full games?

With a Time Machine I would be enjoying seeing great movies in movie theaters.
Also, I would see Titans games of their amazing 1999 season if that was achievable.

With a Time Machine I would be enjoying seeing great movies in movie theaters.
Also, I would see Titans games of their amazing 1999 season if that was achievable.
My first trip in a Time Machine is to go back to the Days of Christ when he was alive preaching & teaching the Word. I'd love to be there when He came out of the Tomb on Resurrection Day. A lot of those days I would stay for awhile. Then anywhere else I'd go (when I came back to the present time) would be pretty good.

VN Store

Back