The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

I saw the Eagles in concert once. They played for 3 hours straight. We got floor seating. I stood up to see them w/my binoculars & the sound from the speakers were making my clothes bounce & blow on me. The concert was at the old Memphis Pyramid.

That's no joke and I know you're not exaggerating. We had floor seats too and my most or best physical experience was feeling the base go through my body when they played Those Shoes.

My parents never pulled me out of school for anything like that, but they're very much into the Eagles and I really liked the Eagles, so my parents viewed those days at the Forum as the last chance they or I would get to see the Eagle live, so we went.

I think YOU got to see Glenn Frey and I got to see his son Dylan fill in for him. PLUS you got to see Joe Walsh when his voice was much better.
So IMO you got to see a much better show than we did at the Forum.

IDK if or where my parents saw the Eagles live before we went together in 2018 (?)

That's no joke and I know you're not exaggerating. We had floor seats too and my most or best physical experience was feeling the base go through my body when they played Those Shoes.

My parents never pulled me out of school for anything like that, but they're very much into the Eagles and I really liked the Eagles, so my parents viewed those days at the Forum as the last chance they or I would get to see the Eagle live, so we went.

I think YOU got to see Glenn Frey and I got to see his son Dylan fill in for him. PLUS you got to see Joe Walsh when his voice was much better.
So IMO you got to see a much better show than we did at the Forum.

IDK if or where my parents saw the Eagles live before we went together in 2018 (?)
I'm fuzzy on the year I saw the Eagles. But I want to say the year was 2003. We (us & another couple) had nose bleed section seats. We were sitting up there waiting for things to start & this person w/the Event staff came to us & said they were going to move us down to the floor section to make it look like it was more sold out to the group. That's how we ended up watching from the floor.

Last edited:
You're a jinx. Ok🤪
Then there's a group of four of us in on this jinx, but there's ample evidence this year.

We went to see 6 Georgia Tech games. Three game series against UGA: Home game, delayed because of rain and then cancelled after 4.5 innings, away game? Lost. Neutral site? Lost.

Then GT at Kennesaw State, postponed.

Home series against Boston College? Lost every game, but we didn't stay the whole game for two of them because we were sick of watching them lose.

So yeah, there's evidence to us being jinxes.

If the weather for baseball is good, I don't even mind when Atlanta loses, because we have a World Series, but you'd think by this point in the season we'd have seen them win one game.

It won't deter us, were planning on going to a couple of games in July before school starts back up in August.

I'm fuzzy on the year I saw the Eagles. But I want to say the year was 2003. We (us & another couple) had nose bleeding section seats. We were sitting up there waiting for things to start & this person w/the Event staff came to us & said they were going to move us down to the floor section to make it look like it was more sold out to the group. That's how we ended up watching from the floor.

The fact they moved you makes it even better.

In 1997 the wife & I went to see Fleetwood Mack in concert at the Memphis Pyramid. They also played for 3 hours non-stop. We had side seats at that time. We had a great time watching them play & seeing them after all the years we'd been hearing their great music.
One of my favorite groups, this is one of my favorite videos and if I don't watch it too often, it gives me the chills when a certain band joins in "band" joins them in the middle of the song:

btw: just watched it and yup, gave me the chills one they all got cranked up. haha love it!

I saw the Eagles in concert once. They played for 3 hours straight. We got floor seating. I stood up to see them w/my binoculars & the sound from the speakers were making my clothes bounce & blow on me. The concert was at the old Memphis Pyramid.

Saw the Eagles there and Billy Joel/Elton John concert. Obviously both were incredible

I assume if it was allowed you would have gone onto the Baseball field.

I was at the 2023 Ducks Huskies thrilling football game, and I did see Huskies fans get onto the Husky Stadium field after the Huskies won the game which was an unforgettable thrilling high stakes game with 2 ranked teams.
I was content just watching this exciting event happen even though waiting 3 minutes I could have gotten onto the field without being fearful of being injured.
Going onto the field would have been fun. My coworker has been all over the field as a long time season ticket holder. He and his wife came out to the Birmingham game last week. I've gotten onto the field at Neyland and TBA after games. Always fun, mostly after storming the field.

Ideas for nexts years cult following. 😁😀😆😂🤣

But enough about the Kentucky baseball dugout.

View attachment 654768View attachment 654769

From Chad Fields on Twitter

So judging by how Coach Barnes talked on their radio show today, and the success of the baseball Dark mode, I wouldn’t be shocked if we see Vol Hoops roll out one of these 2 looks next year.
I hope they do the interlocking UT on the shorts. Would be 🔥

Some have said there was a different player that decided to commit elsewhere. Can’t remember the player. But he was told another player was making that much and I believe Tony said that dollar amount wasn’t even close to being correct. So we lost out on a player over money whenever said player didn’t even know the real dollar amount and was fed misinformation.
You’re correct. The player in question had already signed his national letter of intent to UT but got upset with the implications of Ahuna getting PAID (an inflated erroneous amount) so CTV quickly realized he wasn’t a team guy and released him from his NLI.

During the 22 BaseVols season, I rediscovered the lesser known Beatles song "I've got a feeling," had it in regular rotation, and came to associate it with that season. I happened to listen to it on the day of Evansville game 2, and we know how that turned out. Just realized that I'm free to listen to this song again without fear! That is, because we got back to where we once belonged!

VN Store

Back