The evil of Replacement Theory

Screaming that the GOP is racist/white supremacist is not only factually incorrect, it does absolutely nothing to solve any problem other than possibly helping one's election chances.

reverse racism to those non-whites who are registered Republicans.

This may be a policy I’m unaware of. Can you tell me more about the pathways that were reduced

It's often under the guise of national security, like the Trump travel ban which we could see was a sham from near the start. It's pretty common to see Republicans attempting to oppose/reduce refugees coming in. There are also non-sensical clampdowns, like Trump reducing the number of spouses allowed for skilled labor.

Reactions: EasternVol
Let's be clear: 95 % of the blame here belongs on the shooter.

But let's also be clear that we are seeing a pattern here of promotion of these meta-theories that susceptible people are taking in and acting on. And its a problem, in no small part because despite the fact that we see such garbage routinely spewed out, we never seem to see an acknowledgment from the likes of Carlson as to the need to tone things down a bit. If anything, they become defiant and spew it more.
People resorting to violence to perform evil acts is the main issue. Linking this problem to guns is typical when mass killings occur like the ones in Buffalo or Laguna Woods CA. What people tend to forget is that a person with bad intentions will find a way to inflict harm or kill if they really want to even without having a gun. For example, Darrell Brooks (Parade Massacre in WI) Timothy Mcveigh, Ted Kaczynski etc. You say 95% of the problem is on the shooter. Who shoulders the blame for the remaining 5%? People on TV like Tucker? How about the failure of parents? That Blame applies particularly to the Parents of the Buffalo shooter.

….and the remaining 5% on the State on NY and the Buffalo authorities who disregarded clear evidence of mental illnesses a threat to commit said Shooting?

Stoneman Douglas Shooting could have been prevented had those who were notified (DOJ) done their job when Cruz was identified as a threat.

It's often under the guise of national security, like the Trump travel ban which we could see was a sham from near the start. It's pretty common to see Republicans attempting to oppose/reduce refugees coming in. There are also non-sensical clampdowns, like Trump reducing the number of spouses allowed for skilled labor.

To be clear though, neither of those impacted Hispanic immigrants, right? I thought perhaps there was a general limitation on all immigration you were speaking to.

People resorting to violence to perform evil acts is the main issue. Linking this problem to guns is typical when mass killings occur like the ones in Buffalo or Laguna Woods CA. What people tend to forget is that a person with bad intentions will find a way to inflict harm or kill if they really want to even without having a gun such as Darrell Brooks (Parade Massacre in WI) Timothy Mcveigh, Ted Kaczynski etc. You say 95% of the problem is on the shooter. Who shoulders the blame for the remaining 5%? People on TV like Tucker? How about the failure of parents? That Blame applies particularly to the Parents of the Buffalo shooter.

Interesting that you blame Tucker for shootings. Is it safe to say those like Joy Reid, Don Lemon are also to blame for crime in democrat ran cities? I only say that because I would say those shootings don't watch conversate news networks.

If only there were a historical case study as to what happens when a nation loses the ability or will to control its own borders 🤔
Open Immigration Was a Disaster for Rome

Interesting that you blame Tucker for shootings. Is it safe to say those like Joy Reid, Don Lemon are also to blame for crime in democrat ran cities? I only say that because I would say those shootings don't watch conversate news networks.

You should reread my post and see who I was responding to.

Reactions: Majors
Let's be clear: 95 % of the blame here belongs on the shooter.

But let's also be clear that we are seeing a pattern here of promotion of these meta-theories that susceptible people are taking in and acting on. And its a problem, in no small part because despite the fact that we see such garbage routinely spewed out, we never seem to see an acknowledgment from the likes of Carlson as to the need to tone things down a bit. If anything, they become defiant and spew it more.

thanks for proving my point - no call for left wingers to tone things down even though we see violence from people that aligns with themes they promote.

if you believe media/political rhetoric pushes people over the edge you have to acknowledge it's not one-sided. Personally, I don't see the rhetoric as the motivator or source of radicalization though I do wish ALL OF THEM would tone it down.

I'd encourage you to read the article I posted a while back - pretty detailed documentation of left wing rhetoric matching motivations of multiple planned mass kill events but not a peep from those pushing the "this is Tucker Carlson's fault" (as many pundits did within hours of this shooting)

To be clear though, neither of those impacted Hispanic immigrants, right? I thought perhaps there was a general limitation on all immigration you were speaking to.

The travel ban did not. Opposing refugees certainly does. I imagine there are skilled Hispanic immigrants. Why wouldn't there be?

I must disagree. Gun violence in this country is at a point where it belongs right up there with inflation and immigration as policy issues. The fact that inflation hits home every day for every person does not mean it trumps every other issue to the point of exclusion.
I don't disagree with that. Stop gun violence in democrat ran cities by not electing democrats who continue to let it be trumped.

There is a little more to the theory then "politicians want demographics to work in their favor."

For example, the theory maintains that immigrants are mass migrating specifically to make whites a minority, and some take it all the way to eventual white genocide. Republicans losing elections isn't enough to make a crazy go shoot up a Wal Mart. The stakes are higher than that.

There is a little more to the theory then "politicians want demographics to work in their favor."

For example, the theory maintains that immigrants are mass migrating specifically to make whites a minority (and some take it all the way to eventual white genocide).

It's a problem of definitions agreed. But the issue is the OP and the mainstream media are taking the loose versions of the definition (such as the one used in the post you quoted) and pretending this is a mainstream right wing claim. That's not true. For example the article shared in the OP proclaims 32% of people believe this conspiracy. That's simply not true. They're trying to smuggle in a looser definition.

What is true is that both sides recognize the demographics are changing and that the left proclaims it will lead to their dominance.

Average Americans are not sitting around the dinner table discussing what can be done about gun violence.

Foolish to suggest so.
Not every night, but I'm sure it was discussed around millions of dinner tables Sat. and Sunday. They probably all concluded much the same.......nothing will be done and we'll be having this conversation again all too soon.

Not every night, but I'm sure it was discussed around millions of dinner tables Sat. and Sunday. They probably all concluded much the same.......nothing will be done and we'll be having this conversation again all too soon.
Perhaps

VN Store

Back