The evil of Replacement Theory

I think the term was coined some time ago by Renaud Camus. However this still does not dismiss the fact that democrats have openly discussed their plans and desires that immigrants will vote for their party. That plan could eventually backfire. Which is why I think the democrats have shifted their strategy more to college educated and suburban voters.

Let's think about who the democrats target - the lowly educated that will need government assistance. That's who the illegal population is. It's the white elites that come up with this scheme. They don't care as much for the illegals but the potential power they would help them obtain with talking points and a subservient base that relies on government and think of democrats as caring. The democrats only want to push their world view ideology and line their own pockets through government. Others, like many in Hollywood, do it for white guilt.

The very fact that we are wasting time discussing what is basically a red herring instead of 8% inflation, skyrocketing fuel and food costs, and the fact that the richest nation in the history of the world is currently unable to feed all of it infants shows its purpose and success as a silly distraction

Let's think about who the democrats target - the lowly educated that will need government assistance. That's who the illegal population is. It's the white elites that come up with this scheme. They don't care as much for the illegals but the potential power they would help them obtain with talking points and a subservient base that relies on government and think of democrats as caring. The democrats only want to push their world view ideology and line their own pockets through government. Others, like many in Hollywood, do it for white guilt.
The thing is many of these people are not as lowly educated as the democrats think and many have caught on to the game their playing. Which is why there was a huge shift in many of the southern counties in Texas during the 2020 election to the Republican Party. I think the city of McAllen elected their first Republican mayor in decades.

The thing is many of these people are not as lowly educated as the democrats think and many have caught on to the game their playing. Which is why there was a huge shift in many of the southern counties in Texas during the 2020 election to the Republican Party. I think the city of McAllen elected their first Republican mayor in decades.

I think we are talking two different groups. There is a legal group that is educated and the normal American who can vote. These people aren't the ones running through the fields to cross illegally.

The very fact that we are wasting time discussing what is basically a red herring instead of 8% inflation, skyrocketing fuel and food costs, and the fact that the richest nation in the history of the world is currently unable to feed all of it infants shows its purpose and success as a silly distraction
They’re not gonna have any powder left by October at this rate.

Do not underestimate the volatile combination of desperation and self righteous virtue. There is no telling what lengths they will go to come crunch time
They already went Roe.
They already played Race.

I’m sure Something will come up. Long time to November.

The playbook is clear - no serious policy proposals to address the most pressing concerns of citizens; instead a steady "the other side is made up of horrible, terrible people so vote for us".

What serious policy proposals are the GOP offering up on these incidents? (Hint: thoughts and prayers are not policy proposals. )

What serious policy proposals are the GOP offering up on these incidents? (Hint: thoughts and prayers are not policy proposals. )

I'm referring to the most pressing concerns of the citizenry - inflation, immigration, etc.

To your specific point about a mass shooting Biden inadvertently made an argument for an armed citizenry when he said that if the shooter hadn't been wearing body armor a lot of lives would have been saved (the armed citizen that shot him would have been successful in stopping him).

Screaming that the GOP is racist/white supremacist is not only factually incorrect, it does absolutely nothing to solve any problem other than possibly helping one's election chances.

Reactions: hog88
I'm referring to the most pressing concerns of the citizenry - inflation, immigration, etc.

To your specific point about a mass shooting Biden inadvertently made an argument for an armed citizenry when he said that if the shooter hadn't been wearing body armor a lot of lives would have been saved (the armed citizen that shot him would have been successful in stopping him).

Screaming that the GOP is racist/white supremacist is not only factually incorrect, it does absolutely nothing to solve any problem other than possibly helping one's election chances.

I must disagree. Gun violence in this country is at a point where it belongs right up there with inflation and immigration as policy issues. The fact that inflation hits home every day for every person does not mean it trumps every other issue to the point of exclusion.

I must disagree. Gun violence in this country is at a point where it belongs right up there with inflation and immigration as policy issues. The fact that inflation hits home every day for every person does not mean it trumps every other issue to the point of exclusion.

this thread is about racially motivated violence not gun violence. clearly the vast majority of gun violence is not racially motivated and the vast majority of violence is not racially motivated.

this thread is about racially motivated violence not gun violence. clearly the vast majority of gun violence is not racially motivated and the vast majority of violence is not racially motivated.

That's true, but the two go handing hand in these planned, mass shootings. The theoretical separation between the two issues blurs significantly in this context.

That's true, but the two go handing hand in these planned, mass shootings. The theoretical separation between the two issues blurs significantly in this context.

the context is an outlier - they do not go hand in hand.

the NY subway shooting was not motivated by anti-black sentiment; indeed it was the opposite.

the Taiwanese church shooting was not motivated by anti-black sentiment

if you want to look at the subset of planned, mass shootings as a proxy for gun violence 1) you are picking a small fraction (1%?) and 2) you are suggesting they are driven by anti-black sentiment which is incorrect as data shows the motivations are all over the board.

the context is an outlier - they do not go hand in hand.

the NY subway shooting was not motivated by anti-black sentiment; indeed it was the opposite.

the Taiwanese church shooting was not motivated by anti-black sentiment

if you want to look at the subset of planned, mass shootings as a proxy for gun violence 1) you are picking a small fraction (1%?) and 2) you are suggesting they are driven by anti-black sentiment which is incorrect as data shows the motivations are all over the board.

Not just specifically black, no. Pulse Nightclub was anti homosexual. Others have been anti Hispanic.

Point is, if we are going to allow susceptible people to be escalated in their hate to the point they'd do this, we need to recognize that in the ease with which such folks can arm themselves like this, to accomplish so much death in such little time.

Average Americans are not sitting around the dinner table discussing what can be done about gun violence.

Foolish to suggest so.

A Fringe Conspiracy Theory, Fostered Online, Is Refashioned by the G.O.P.

So people that adhere to this thinking, what do we do with them? What do we do to the promoters of this, even if they call it something else?

It's a prominent train of thought on the right. It's what fed the resentment that got Trump elected.

Sadly, the foundation of the GOP has abandoned fiscal restraint, less regulation, and the like. Now a mainstay of the party's entire existence is about justifying racism by calling it different things.

Not just specifically black, no. Pulse Nightclub was anti homosexual. Others have been anti Hispanic.

Point is, if we are going to allow susceptible people to be escalated in their hate to the point they'd do this, we need to recognize that in the ease with which such folks can arm themselves like this, to accomplish so much death in such little time.

Your initial post mentioned a need to act at least twice. What exactly are you recommending here? Let's here the specifics.....

Is gun violence really a problem in America or just among black American's?

If gun violence is only a statistical "problem" among one group, wouldn't that suggest the guns are not the problem?

They already went Roe.
They already played Race.

I’m sure Something will come up. Long time to November.
They haven’t tried “the Republicans will destroy the space time continuum and bring an end to the Universe” yet, so there’s that to try 😂

Chicago mayor Lightfoot has entered the chat

Reactions: Vol8188
Watching this Netflix doc Father about the fertility doctor who used his own sperm to inseminate an insane amount of patients...one of the theories for his motivation is that he was a part of the quiverfull movement, which is pretty in line with RT. Kind of a funny coincidence that this was released at the same time this is becoming a story.

you started a thread to blame GOP leaders and Tucker Carlson for causing this shooting to happen. if their comments motivate this violence then you have to acknowledge that the words of Rachel Maddow caused the congressional baseball shooting, that the words of various media pundits and Dem leaders caused the shooting of officers in Dallas, that the words of the same people caused the guy to drive a truck through the Christmas parade, etc. but you never acknowledge that. truth is these explanations are BS - it isn't these people that are causing these unstable people to do what they do.

so to my original point - the response to this shooting has been a full-throated attack on political enemies; to label them as the "cause" of these incidents and use that in a cynical ploy to win elections rather than campaigning on how they are going to fix the big issues.

if they cared about people being escalated in their hate to the point where they'd do this they'd step back and look at all the divisive talk that comes from ALL SIDES - instead, it's a one-way street. Hard to see that as a sincere effort to address the issue as opposed to an opportunistic effort to win votes and attack opponents.

VN Store

Back