The Fact that most

Do you not see how that pisses people off? How would you feel if our players were saying the same thing as some of you are?

It would be shameful. And while not on the same level, a team's fans shouldn't act like that.

I really don't understand getting so angry at someone predicting a lop sided loss. Tennessee is not a good football team at this point in time. There is no shame for a fan realizing this, and their is no shame in predicting a loss to a very good football team. If you are getting angry at what people say about this, that is on you not the other person.

yes, i think we can beat some nfl teams, ala the browns, lions, bills, and the titans.

If you take every team off of this list but the Browns, they might take you serious. And please nobody defend the Browns. Have you watched them play? If the Browns played the Browns, both Browns would lose. Lolololol

Reactions: 2 people
vol fans are predicting Tennessee to get beat by Oregon is ridiculous. The game hasn't been played last i checked and we can win every game we play, at least that is what i believe if you don't then don't watch the games. I don't like people that sit there and tell me we are gonna lose a football game. It makes me very angry to the point i want to knock their teeth out.(Though i refrain from doing so. Cause i ain't dumb, New Teeth are expensive). This is Tennessee we play to win, not to listen to our fans chalk up a loss before we even board the plane to head to the game. If you call your self a realist that's great, me i believe we can do it til proven otherwise. GO VOLS!!! Cut Em', Jack!!

Blah blah blah if yew don't agree wif me den geeeet OUT don't watch dem vawls eben play.

That's all I got out of that

We are going to suffer a beat down of biblical proportions. You mad?

This. Get over it. It is going to happen. That does not mean that we don't want them to win.

There is nothing wrong with hoping to win, or even believing UT has a chance(they do).

But stop acting like people should all believe this team is on the level of Oregon or Bama.

It just is not true.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
vol fans are predicting Tennessee to get beat by Oregon is ridiculous. The game hasn't been played last i checked and we can win every game we play, at least that is what i believe if you don't then don't watch the games. I don't like people that sit there and tell me we are gonna lose a football game. It makes me very angry to the point i want to knock their teeth out.(Though i refrain from doing so. Cause i ain't dumb, New Teeth are expensive). This is Tennessee we play to win, not to listen to our fans chalk up a loss before we even board the plane to head to the game. If you call your self a realist that's great, me i believe we can do it til proven otherwise. GO VOLS!!! Cut Em', Jack!!

SPOT ON!!!

Oregon - 48

UT - 21

Reactions: 5 people

No it isn't.

Vol fans trying to pull the "real Vol fan" card if you don't automatically think UT will win is ridiculous. As is your redneck ramblings.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't have a problem with you guys thinking we are goings to lose.

But the way some of you are talking, you would think Oregon would be generous to let us leave with our lives.

Are they good? Yes.

But we are a mid level SEC team.

Alabama has been on a higher level then Oregon for a while, and I have never heard any of you speak about Bama as pathetically as you do about Oregon.

Do you not see how that pisses people off? How would you feel if our players were saying the same thing as some of you are?

It would be shameful. And while not on the same level, a team's fans shouldn't act like that.

It would be different if we were in C-USA. But Jeese guys... We play 2-3 teams every year as good or better than Oregon.

I think it really stems from SEC teams we play in the top 5 are winning on grind it out pro style offenses and that lower tempo plays into our strengths traditionally. We can get a few lucky breaks and be right in it with Bama ,Uga and SoCar. for a qtr or two. Fast spread teams that execute as well as Oregon are scary for us because we have been so god awful at maintaining our gaps and tackling that they can literally put the game out of reach by halftime if things don't go so well. Oregon isn't full of big bruisers and will fall on their butts if they hit a wall head on. We CAN stop Oregon in their tracks(more so than a power running prostyle team like Bama and Georgia) if we play disciplined for 4 qtrs. Will we? Not likely. Our game plan should be (like someone else said earlier) to scheme however necessary to seal the corners and jam the middle. We force Mariota to throw the ball. If he gets in a rhythm with his receivers beyond 20 yds, I don't see any way we can win this game. Our O line will have to play like they're on pcp to keep him running for his life.

The team should believe they have a chance, they go to work every day to make sure they are best prepared to win. However, Oregon is very likely to beat us and by a large margin. There may be 5 or so teams who could hang with them, and they all have bigger,faster, and stronger defenses than we do. The Oregon system has become so clinical that you have to have that and a very good offense if you're going to have a chance to beat them. You're being foolish if you get mad at people for being rational. Oregon is one of the best teams in the nation with a mature system and players that the system was created for. We are a team with a brand new coaching staff, a brand new system, a brand new QB, and a brand new receiving corps, as well as a true freshman cornerback. Take out what this team has accomplished(or rather not accomplished) and look at that last sentence. For any team, this trip would be a potential buzzsaw with all those elements. Not to mention the two track speed Heisman candidates that occupy their backfield.

Save all the hope and energy for the next week, just pray for all our boys to come back healthy and ready to atone in Gainesville. That is a genuine opportunity.

Oregon is one of the best (if not the best) team in college football. They are talented, and their team speed is unreal. Tennessee has decent starting talent, with the exception of quarterback, with very young receivers. HOw many teams win with a less than average quarterback and young receivers. Plus, there is a HUGE drop off in talent with the backups.

It is far more likely Tennessee gets embarrassed than pulls out a win. Getting as angry as you do about someone saying that says nothing about the person saying that, it says a great deal about you though. We can't win every game we play, yet, and acting this way when someone says we wont win is just delusional. Get to an anger management class.

Most of what you said is true, but 2013 Oregon is again Oregon. They lack defense. It has been and still appears to be their Achilles heel. They must grow up in size (too small) to stop the run or they will not win the bigger games. You can't score without the ball. It remains their stopper.

But the way some of you are talking, you would think Oregon would be generous to let us leave with our lives.

Are they good? Yes.

Alabama has been on a higher level then Oregon for a while, and I have never heard any of you speak about Bama as pathetically as you do about Oregon.

It would be different if we were in C-USA. But Jeese guys... We play 2-3 teams every year as good or better than Oregon.

If someone gets pissed off at saying Oregon will likely beat UT easily, then that's their problem. For the life of me I don't understand why someone thinks that's being disrespectful. They're the #2 team in the nation, there is very little shame in getting beaten badly by them, especially at their house which happens to be a tough place to win anyway.

I get passion, but at some point it becomes the fact that someone has too thin of skin.

And I call crazy BS on your Alabama comment.

Are they good? Yes.

How do you know Alabama is on a higher level than Oregon, or that they have been? Alabama got beat by A&M and Oregon is just as good if not better.

And we are a mid level SEC team? What the hell does that matter? The strength of the SEC is at the top.

Dude you think a college team could beat a professional team. You shouldn't be allowed to have kids. That's the most idiotic thing ever.

No, he's actually right. Out of 100 games we'd probably beat the jags about 4 times so his point is our chances of beating oregon is slim but we can beat them and why not?...It's why the game is actually played before a winner is announced. Most of you guys have watched football long enough to have seen huge underdogs win, and I know it's a small minority doing it, but why bash someone with this guys (and my) attitude towards this game? I hope the players share it. They'll need to.

Just because a vol fan predicts the vols to lose, does not make him any less of a fan. In fact, given that the said fan still cheers for the team even though he thinks they will lose makes him more of a fan by definition than someone who routes for the vols only based on the assumption that they will win. Ever think of it that way?

There you go again, using your brain.

No, he's actually right. Out of 100 games we'd probably beat the jags about 4 times so his point is our chances of beating oregon is slim but we can beat them and why not?...It's why the game is actually played before a winner is announced. Most of you guys have watched football long enough to have seen huge underdogs win, and I know it's a small minority doing it, but why bash someone with this guys (and my) attitude towards this game? I hope the players share it. They'll need to.

If we played the Jags 100 times, we'd be blown out 100 times.

The only way we'd win one is if they got tired of beating us and said "Take a forfeit".

Some of you clearly don't understand the difference between the NFL and major college football.

Your opinion is what it is and you're entitled to it. Just don't tell me how I have to think and act in order to be a fan.

. . . and don't ever . . . Eeeeeeever . . . . play the "college team could beat an NFL team" card if you want to be taken seriously about anything.

yes a college team can beat a pro team, it's all about heart, pride and passion, and coaching which some nfl teams don't have much of all they care about is $$$.

aBKWRVD_460sa.gif

Your opinion is what it is and you're entitled to it. Just don't tell me how I have to think and act in order to be a fan.

. . . and don't ever . . . Eeeeeeever . . . . play the "college team could beat an NFL team" card if you want to be taken seriously about anything.

Is that a Y2J eeeeeeeever?

If he doesn't want his opinion bashed, perhaps he shouldn't start a thread bashing the opinion of those that disagree with him.

VN Store

Back