The Future Right-Wingers Want....

As a high school teacher in Louisiana, I will give you my thoughts on this.

If I am required to put the 10 commandments on the wall, so be it. That poster will go right beside the others; Constitution, BOR's, Magna Carta, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and more. Will the students care? Probably not. Will they even ask about it? Probably not.

I left the posters on the wall for a test on the BOR's and only 2 out 173 students bothered to even look at it to make sure they got the right answers They don't pay attention to anything. They won't pay attention to a new poster.

The only ones that care about this either way will most likely be the adults in and outside of the schools.
100% agree.

If I am required to put the 10 commandments on the wall, so be it. That poster will go right beside the others; Constitution, BOR's, Magna Carta, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and more. Will the students care? Probably not. Will they even ask about it? Probably not.

I left the posters on the wall for a test on the BOR's and only 2 out 173 students bothered to even look at it to make sure they got the right answers They don't pay attention to anything. They won't pay attention to a new poster.

The only ones that care about this either way will most likely be the adults in and outside of the schools.
1711054028673.gif

So out of context.

The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.4 The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife.5
you think context matters to Christianity? That very verse was used to propagate husbands raping their wives, no amount of revisionism is going to change that. and its also why the government should be pushing anytype of morality yet alone an undefined "Christianity" that been responsible for plenty of immoral behaviors.

giving the state a religious branch would just spread the corruption of government into christianity. its naive as hades to think religion is what is needed to clean up the government.

you think context matters to Christianity? That very verse was used to propagate husbands raping their wives, no amount of revisionism is going to change that. and its also why the government should be pushing anytype of morality yet alone an undefined "Christianity" that been responsible for plenty of immoral behaviors.

giving the state a religious branch would just spread the corruption of government into christianity. its naive as hades to think religion is what is needed to clean up the government.
So they take it out of context and you propogate it. The scripture is very clear, yet you left the second part out. Why is that?

Honestly, I feel like you should have more input in this topic than the state legislature, Congress, Supreme Court, etc.

Granted, I cited School Boards and they probably are the correct authority to decide this kind of stuff for your district but how much the board gets feedback from principles or teachers is probably in question.

The logic for posting 10 Commandments is likely a push to make kids behaviors better but nothing we do in our school system is going to solve that. We need to have more accountability from the parents to raise their kids right.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

I do think Christianity could make America better if properly followed but a lot of the Churches don't even take it seriously. How many people really think that God watches them every day and they make an attempt to live that way? Probably very little.

To agree with your point... no amount of law is going to change people and we might as well adopt Sharia if we go down that path as we would be no different than Saudi Arabia, Iran, or Afghanistan who engrained religion into their legal system and government.

People are saying Christianity is in decline but I am starting to wonder about that. I see more fire about it today than in the past. I think Church Attendance is in decline but a lot of people were treating the Church and God like a bucket list item to check off rather than something to take seriously to enrich and improve on their lives. Cultural Christianity is dying and all that is happening is that we are exposing that our nation was never really a strong Christian nation, it was mostly just a charade for a lot of people.

Issue is that people need to improve themselves on their own; government can't do that. This is why I have posted several times that this endeavor is pointless (the only part that I like is perhaps it opens the door to academically teaching it when you talk about ancient history or the origin of our legal system - I wonder if Public Schools even go that deep into academics today anyways).

We have a society that basically praises materialism and sin so a lot of people are going to not follow a very religious path. What do they post about on Facebook? Parties they went to and got drunk at, ball games, trips, etc. Nothing about any serious or deep topics. I think a lot of it has to do with success. Successful people rarely see any need to improve themselves as an individual.

I am also a big fan of allowing people to voice opinions openly, even if controversial or offensive. We need to push aside the offensiveness and talk to each other (even if we are very different).

So they take it out of context and you propogate it. The scripture is very clear, yet you left the second part out. Why is that?
because that is what Christians have done in the past.

you know the same Christians you want in charge now simply because they have that Christian label.

I am going to tell you how this ends. "Christianity" just ends up as another political party. You will have "R"s, "D"s, and "C"s. none of them will be good for the people they claim to represent. none of them will stick to their claimed "morality". and we will be having the exact same conversation about "we just need to do X" to save this country, while nothing substantial gets done by any of them.

because that is what Christians have done in the past.

you know the same Christians you want in charge now simply because they have that Christian label.

I am going to tell you how this ends. "Christianity" just ends up as another political party. You will have "R"s, "D"s, and "C"s. none of them will be good for the people they claim to represent. none of them will stick to their claimed "morality". and we will be having the exact same conversation about "we just need to do X" to save this country, while nothing substantial gets done by any of them.
So how do we fixed the societal decay we are in now? Since you against religion what do you propose

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back