The Future Right-Wingers Want....

Here's the essence of the right-wing today: Disgraced former national security advisor and four-star crackpot Michael Flynn (another stooge for the Russians) is getting rich now--along with several members of his family---pedddling his fake martyrdom and various laughable conspiracy theories (including, still, if you can believe it, QANON nonsense) to poor, gullible MAGA goobers. (Read until the end to get the full scope of how disgusting this nonsense is.) The non-profit that Flynn took over and now runs with various family members doesn't bring in much money--but lots of the money it does solicit selling T-shirts and bull$hit goes into the pockets of the extended Flynn family.

Grifting on the stupidity and gullibility of rural Americans IS the right-wing past, present and future. Trump is the uber-MAGA grifter, of course--gold-tennis shoes and MAGA bibles. It's embarrassing. But of course the preachers have been doing it for decades, the politicians have been doing it for ages--and lawbreaking, disgraced conservatives do it--always blaming their malfeasance, like trump, on political enemies. There is a huge network of right-wing non-profits that exist mainly to enrich the people who started them by selling conspiratorial nonsense abouto Dems and progressives to stumpbusters. They solicit donations regularly via alarmist, fake direct-mail pitches--I've seen many, and I'm sure some of the conservatives here get many of them--asking for money so they can "defend freedom" or pursue legal cases against various "radicall left" organizations--but of course it's all horse$hit. There are no lawsuits or cases. There all just cheap, fraudulent scams aimed at scaring the Earls into sending them their hard-earned money--in much the same way that Sunday preachers do. It's the right-wing conspiracy/grifting "I can sell any nonsense to you dumb people" racket.

New Republican Governor is trying to fix the problems previous Democrat governors and Democrat Mayors of New Orleans created.

So your ability is to only see now and how when it’s going or ended. It’s cool, depth of topics isn’t for everyone. And yes, it is a yes/no question. He was a bigot that caused much of the problems still seen today on the issues you brought up.
Stop feeding the troll.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
As an American, it shames me to say, we were never a nation of laws. We had great stuff printed, but in practice, American constantly contradicted what was written. Historic and ongoing treatment of Native Americans, Chinese Americans, African-Americans, Jewish-Americans, women, and for quite a while, Irish-Americans is the witness of the lie. Even now, if your color is wrong, or even your clothes are wrong, you can be detained arrested, or literally run off because of that. The sheer number of times so-called law enforcement have killed browns (others too at times) and gotten away with it under some bamboozling excuse is another witness. Even when you're sitting inside your own home watching TV, or on your porch reading a book, or even walking down the street with a broom you just purchased. We were never a nation of laws. Bigotry made sure of that.

I think the big difference is that the USA at least tries. A great example is that 90% of major Empires in the past would literally probably kill you for what you just posted. It isn't perfect but still better than 99% of great powers in history

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I think the big difference is that the USA at least tries. A great example is that 90% of major Empires in the past would literally probably kill you for what you just posted. It isn't perfect but still better than 99% of great powers in history
True, the USA does try. We have a lot of wonderful, I dare to say, magnificent people in our country. Sadly, in my view, not enough of them. At least enough actively doing anything to change the underlying nature of the nation. We've had some Pall Malls, at serious risk to themselves and their families, taking stands and actions in favor of browns. Browns who, otherwise, would not have achieved what they achieved without those Pall Mall daring risk-takers. Sadly, again, they are outnumbered by hate-fueled factions of society that literally forbids America to be truly great, despite claiming otherwise. And this has wrecked the psyche of browns in general. Knowing I will face, spite, mockery of the MAGA-infected, this also fueled a lot of the brown criminality we have and still see today. Having been and still are, in many cases, denied opportunities and benefits, beyond a crumb here, a crumb there, the sense is why bother trying since the system is rigged so tightly against you. In my book, it still doesn't justify criminality on any level, but humans being what they are will, well, just, uh, are going to human. We're a species capable of almost celestial good. And just as capable of Satanic evil. Catering to latter just shows our overall stupidity as a species.

Last edited:
Reactions: volbound1700
Then explain why EVERY SINGLE tribe or people ever discovered has had some form of religion. Looks like if religion wasn’t necessary for human society then there should have at least been ONE atheistic tribe that merely had a general code of conduct not backed up by some linkage to a higher power.
Calling everything practiced a "religion" is pretty lazy. where is the line with tradition vs religion? there are plenty of cultures that "worshipped" various things, the land, the sun, the water, some animal, but didn't revere it as creator or keeper of morality.

and the variety of religions would also refute that some type of generic "religion" is responsible for our morality codes. plenty of religions push things that wouldn't be considered very moral. like human sacrifice, the strong over the weak. if you are being generic with every culture as a religion you are bringing in a whole lot of bad with it.

its far more likely that morality and codes evolved first, and then semi-formalized, and afterwards a tradition of some higher power came along afterwards to justify everyone doing the "code". Don't beat up the crazy person who talks to themselves because its mean, doesn't sell as well as, don't beat the crazy person because really they are the prophet/oracle of our god and it angers our god. much of the cultures "religion" were not tied to morality of right and wrong, especially to each other; but more directly tied to angering some god, or pleasing them so that the solar eclipse doesn't happen again.

Calling everything practiced a "religion" is pretty lazy. where is the line with tradition vs religion? there are plenty of cultures that "worshipped" various things, the land, the sun, the water, some animal, but didn't revere it as creator or keeper of morality.

and the variety of religions would also refute that some type of generic "religion" is responsible for our morality codes. plenty of religions push things that wouldn't be considered very moral. like human sacrifice, the strong over the weak. if you are being generic with every culture as a religion you are bringing in a whole lot of bad with it.

its far more likely that morality and codes evolved first, and then semi-formalized, and afterwards a tradition of some higher power came along afterwards to justify everyone doing the "code". Don't beat up the crazy person who talks to themselves because its mean, doesn't sell as well as, don't beat the crazy person because really they are the prophet/oracle of our god and it angers our god. much of the cultures "religion" were not tied to morality of right and wrong, especially to each other; but more directly tied to angering some god, or pleasing them so that the solar eclipse doesn't happen again.

I remember studying about this guy in an English History class at the University of Tennessee. The Professor (who was well accoladed and had done her graduate work at Cambridge) pointed out Bede's theorem that hasn't been debunked to this day (Immanuel Kant tried to debunk it in a famous attempt).

Bede's argument for the existence of a Supreme Being, or God, was based of the view that humanity would not have come up with the concept of God if He didn't exist.

I remember studying about this guy in an English History class at the University of Tennessee. The Professor (who was well accoladed and had done her graduate work at Cambridge) pointed out Bede's theorem that hasn't been debunked to this day (Immanuel Kant tried to debunk it in a famous attempt).

Bede's argument for the existence of a Supreme Being, or God, was based of the view that humanity would not have come up with the concept of God if He didn't exist.

But "god" doesn't exist. There's no proof of his existence, of course, and never will be. So Bede's argument makes no sense. What's more, humans going back to the earliest civilizations have come up with scores of crazy deities to try and explain life and the mysteries of the universe--sun gods, inanimate objects, greek goods...the list is endless.

I pulled this little bit off the web, attributed to Williams College:

Nearly all ancient creation myths included some kind of supreme being. This being was not always in a clear form, but it was almost always present. In Greek and Japanese mythology there were many gods and goddesses; the Iroquois myth told of a Sky Woman and her sons; Aborigines placed their faith in the Father of All Spirits; the Bushmen placed theirs in Kaang and Christians and Jews in God.
The supreme being used differnt methods to create the Earth. Some such as the God in the Bible and Torah merely ordered that his will be carried out and it was done. Others molded each creation by hand. Still more gods had a less powerful god to do the work for them. The supreme beings in creation myths came in many different forms and acted very differently, but they all shared in the creation of the world.

True, the USA does try. We have a lot of wonderful, I dare to say, magnificent people in our country. Sadly, in my view, not enough of them. At least enough actively doing anything to change the underlying nature of the nation. We've had some Pall Malls, at serious risk to themselves and their families, taking stands and actions in favor of browns. Browns who, otherwise, would not have achieved what they achieved without those Pall Mall daring risk-takers. Sadly, again, they are outnumbered by hate-fueled factions of society that literally forbids America to be truly great, despite claiming otherwise. And this has wrecked the psyche of browns in general. Knowing I wil face, spite, mockery of the MAGA-infected, this also fueled a lot of the brown criminality we have and still see today. Having been and still are, in many cases, denied opportunities and benefits, beyond a crumb here, a crumb there, the sense is why bother trying since the system is rigged so tightly against you. In my book, it still doesn't justify criminality on any level, but humans being what they are will, well, just, uh, are going to human. We're a species capable of almost celestial good. And just as capable of Satanic evil. Catering to latter just shows our overall stupidity as a species.
What's a Pall Mall? Alvin York?

But "god" doesn't exist. There's no proof of his existence, of course, and never will be. So Bede's argument makes no sense. What's more, humans going back to the earliest civilizations have come up with scores of crazy
There‘s no “proof“ of gravity either. There is only evidence.

Reactions: Orangeburst
But "god" doesn't exist. There's no proof of his existence, of course, and never will be. So Bede's argument makes no sense. What's more, humans going back to the earliest civilizations have come up with scores of crazy deities to try and explain life and the mysteries of the universe--sun gods, inanimate objects, greek goods...the list is endless.

I pulled this little bit off the web, attributed to Williams College:

Nearly all ancient creation myths included some kind of supreme being. This being was not always in a clear form, but it was almost always present. In Greek and Japanese mythology there were many gods and goddesses; the Iroquois myth told of a Sky Woman and her sons; Aborigines placed their faith in the Father of All Spirits; the Bushmen placed theirs in Kaang and Christians and Jews in God.
The supreme being used differnt methods to create the Earth. Some such as the God in the Bible and Torah merely ordered that his will be carried out and it was done. Others molded each creation by hand. Still more gods had a less powerful god to do the work for them. The supreme beings in creation myths came in many different forms and acted very differently, but they all shared in the creation of the world.

That is Bede's point, where did humanity come up with the concept of Supreme Being(s)?

What's a Pall Mall? Alvin York?
My somewhat, polite way of referring to White men as pale males. Because the cigarette brand sports somewhat the same hue.
Hmmm, ole Yorkie was a very efficient soldier despite being a pacificism. A sort of Desmond Doss ahead of his time.

Reactions: EasternVol
My somewhat, polite way of referring to White men as pale males. Because the cigarette brand sports somewhat the same hue.
Hmmm, ole Yorkie was a very efficient soldier despite being a pacificism. A sort of Desmond Doss ahead of his time.
And he's from Pall Mall.

And he's from Pall Mall.
Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! York was a redneck, not a Texan. And he is not from Pall Mall, rather he was laid to rest there. It comes from there, hoooooo, boy, Casper's uncles themselves would flee in horror. :D

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! York was a redneck, not a Texan. And he is not from Pall Mall, rather he was laid to rest there. It comes from there, hoooooo, boy, Casper's uncles themselves would flee in horror. :D
Pall Mall of Fentress County, Tennessee. Is there another?

Pall Mall of Fentress County, Tennessee. Is there another?
Yes, as a matter-of-fact. It's a street in the St James's area of the City of Westminster, Central London. I mentioned Texas because Pall Mall cigarettes used to feature commercials and ads with cowboys herding cows on the open range.

Yes, as a matter-of-fact. It's a street in the St James's area of the City of Westminster, Central London. I mentioned Texas because Pall Mall cigarettes used to feature commercials and ads with cowboys herding cows on the open range.
I was wondering where the Texas reference came from. I had an uncle that smoked them and man did they taste awful.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
I was wondering where the Texas reference came from. I had an uncle that smoked them and man did they taste awful.
I never was a real smoker, though I was allowed to at age 15, they were Pall Malls, BTW. I thought I preferred Kents, but one day, still 15yrs, I just stopped. Laugh if you want, but I heard a small voice that whispered one word. as I was puffing on a cig. WHY? I couldn't think a real reason to smoke and just stopped.

OK, I have to back track a bit. Pall Mall did run a few cowboy theme ads. As seen here. Bit I misremembered, the real cowboy theme ads belong to Marlsboro. Time and age made my mind fixated on the red packaging.
1719254389998.jpeg

I never was a real smoker, though I was allowed to at age 15, they were Pall Malls, BTW. I thought I preferred Kents, but one day, still 15yrs, I just stopped. Laugh if you want, but I heard a small voice that whispered one word. as I was puffing on a cig. WHY? I couldn't think a real reason to smoke and just stopped.

OK, I have to back track a bit. Pall Mall did run a few cowboy theme ads. As seen here. Bit I misremembered, the real cowboy theme ads belong to Marlsboro. Time and age made my mind fixated on the red packaging.
View attachment 652841
You were smart to stop when you did. I waited 30 years before I quit.

You were smart to stop when you did. I waited 30 years before I quit.
Sadly, the tobacco industry, in collaboration with doctors, and the FDA, hoodwinked and conditioned the public into believing smoking was healthy. But it was a lie told for the sake of money, as usual. Long live capitalism.

VN Store

Back