The Future Right-Wingers Want....

As an American, it shames me to say, we were never a nation of laws. We had great stuff printed, but in practice, American constantly contradicted what was written. Historic and ongoing treatment of Native Americans, Chinese Americans, African-Americans, Jewish-Americans, women, and for quite a while, Irish-Americans is the witness of the lie. Even now, if your color is wrong, or even your clothes are wrong, you can be detained arrested, or literally run off because of that. The sheer number of times so-called law enforcement have killed browns (others too at times) and gotten away with it under some bamboozling excuse is another witness. Even when you're sitting inside your own home watching TV, or on your porch reading a book, or even walking down the street with a broom you just purchased. We were never a nation of laws. Bigotry made sure of that.

Jamaal Bowman’s Profane, Antisemitic Pep Rally​

Former middle-school principal and current congressman Jamaal Bowman (D., N.Y.), best known for his fire-alarm-pulling antics, strident anti-Israel rhetoric, and membership in the infamous “Squad,” had quite the day on Saturday, when he attended a get-out-the-vote rally in the South Bronx. While complaining about AIPAC’s efforts to unseat him, Jamaal Bowman stomped up and down a stage shouting profanities while trying to get the crowd worked up in favor of its allegedly persecuted representative. President Camacho could be seen taking notes on crowd work for his next State of the Union address.

Jamaal Bowman’s Profane, Antisemitic Pep Rally​

Former middle-school principal and current congressman Jamaal Bowman (D., N.Y.), best known for his fire-alarm-pulling antics, strident anti-Israel rhetoric, and membership in the infamous “Squad,” had quite the day on Saturday, when he attended a get-out-the-vote rally in the South Bronx. While complaining about AIPAC’s efforts to unseat him, Jamaal Bowman stomped up and down a stage shouting profanities while trying to get the crowd worked up in favor of its allegedly persecuted representative. President Camacho could be seen taking notes on crowd work for his next State of the Union address.

Thank you for the Whataboutism. That said, politicians of both parties are lowdown, filthy hypocrites who will say and do anything for your vote and money. I've said this often, so you should know that you have no need to hurl a Whataboutism at me. I don't trust any of the protoplasmic, Petri dish microbes. But, I guess a MAGA gotta MAGA.

Thank you for the Whataboutism. That said, politicians of both parties are lowdown, filthy hypocrites who will say and do anything for your vote and money. I've said this often, so you should know that you have no need to hurl a Whataboutism at me. I don't trust any of the protoplasmic, Petri dish microbes. But, I guess a MAGA gotta MAGA.

So that fact this maniac was a middle school principal at one time didn't bother you?

So that fact this maniac was a middle school principal at one time didn't bother you?
Does it bother you?
Unlike you, when I say I don't trust any politician, I actually mean it. I don't play tit-for-tat games like you and your MAGAs.
Does that bother you?

Does it bother you?
Unlike you, when I say I don't trust any politician, I actually mean it. I don't play tit-for-tat games like you and your MAGAs.
Does that bother you?

You were crying in other posts with accusations like the one I responded to initially. Now you're trying to toughen up like you have something to prove. You're so easily offended.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and Cod
You were crying in other posts with accusations like the one I responded to initially. Now you're trying to toughen up like you have something to prove. You're so easily offended.
Here you go, Ms. Brea. It's herbal, you'll feel better after a few sips.
1719270742956.jpeg

Have you ever played sports?

If so, you'll know that leaders and coaches get on to certain players. They don't do it necessarily to mess with the guy, but because they see the potential if it's steered in the right direction.
The tea isn't working? Try playing a game of badminton. I'm told it is relaxing, sort of.

Apparently, you're referencing my posts to TurboVol. Is that the crying you're talking about?

Last edited:
Someone else may have already brought this up but the bolded part doesn’t just apply to people on welfare. This has become rampant everywhere. I’ve not seen any stats to back it up but it very much feels like the percentage of adults living with their parents has skyrocketed. I don’t know if 25-year-olds has changed that much (likely has but not to the degree of older adults) but I would guess 30+-year-olds is a much higher percentage now. I hear people in the 25-35 range talk about “adulting” and patting themselves on the back for things like getting to work on time. It’s crazy! I even had one 25yo tell me that him getting to work on time consistently put him ahead of 75% of people his age. Sadly, I don’t think he was wrong. It seems like people in that age range want to pretend to be an adult but not be one, at least not yet. I’m guessing that comes from a lack of consequences from the parents but maybe there’s more to it. Of course not everyone falls into these buckets but it seems like it’s grown a good bit and I think the tail will swing back around when that generation is in charge of corporate America and most are underdeveloped compared to previous generations.
both of my grandparents who fought in WW2 lived at home with their parents even after the war. Its a generational thing that didn't become a status thing until after the war in order to drive people to buy the cheap cracker jack box houses that popped up in suburbs everywhere.

if you are worried about them making good decisions starting out on the right financial foot is a HUGE starting point. my cousin lives with me for this very reason. It took me 11 years of saving to buy a house a year ago. If I had been able to stay with family I could have chopped that way down. I hope my cousin is saving his money accordingly and has a plan, but I don't count him being smart and finding affordable rent a bad thing for him or his generation.

being prepared and being an adult mean different things to the younger generation. and as a reminder it was the older generations that raised these current lazy bums so the problem goes back to them at least.

I remember studying about this guy in an English History class at the University of Tennessee. The Professor (who was well accoladed and had done her graduate work at Cambridge) pointed out Bede's theorem that hasn't been debunked to this day (Immanuel Kant tried to debunk it in a famous attempt).

Bede's argument for the existence of a Supreme Being, or God, was based of the view that humanity would not have come up with the concept of God if He didn't exist.
you/Bede just justified every single god, mythical creature, alien, etc etc etc ever thought up.

I may have to read Bede, but that seems incredibly lazy. It also assumes that we/Bede have the correct assumption on God.

and which concept of God? peaceful hippy new testament God? death and judgement old testament God? The shared Abrahamic God that the muslims have? The mormon version of God?

we are apes with type writers, give us enough time and we will create shakespeare.

That is Bede's point, where did humanity come up with the concept of Supreme Being(s)?
its a way to justify what goes bump in the dark. answer the great question of what happens before and after life. heck science even requires it through the laws of thermodynamics and the conservation of mass and energy.

they didn't know that why X worked. so they created a story about X coming from something they could understand.

we have created concepts of plenty of things that don't exist, they don't have to exist for us to be able to think them up.

Reactions: turbovol
both of my grandparents who fought in WW2 lived at home with their parents even after the war. Its a generational thing that didn't become a status thing until after the war in order to drive people to buy the cheap cracker jack box houses that popped up in suburbs everywhere.

if you are worried about them making good decisions starting out on the right financial foot is a HUGE starting point. my cousin lives with me for this very reason. It took me 11 years of saving to buy a house a year ago. If I had been able to stay with family I could have chopped that way down. I hope my cousin is saving his money accordingly and has a plan, but I don't count him being smart and finding affordable rent a bad thing for him or his generation.

being prepared and being an adult mean different things to the younger generation. and as a reminder it was the older generations that raised these current lazy bums so the problem goes back to them at least.
I agree regarding the older generations, which includes my own. I hope that I’m leading my kids down a path that will make them happy but I know from having 3 kids that there no one-size-fits-all approach. Take spanking kids. One kid gets right in line with a spanking. The next doesn’t care a bit to be spanked and the next maybe grows up angry from it. Each kid processes info differently and reacts differently to that processed info.

you/Bede just justified every single god, mythical creature, alien, etc etc etc ever thought up.

I may have to read Bede, but that seems incredibly lazy. It also assumes that we/Bede have the correct assumption on God.

and which concept of God? peaceful hippy new testament God? death and judgement old testament God? The shared Abrahamic God that the muslims have? The mormon version of God?

we are apes with type writers, give us enough time and we will create shakespeare.

You are correct that his idea didn't justify the Christian God but there are other arguments that can be brought up on that. Regarding other gods, most religions, including Christianity, can simple point out thst these other gods are distortion of the truth. In fact, Old Testament already gets into that discussion in Genesis.

You are correct that his idea didn't justify the Christian God but there are other arguments that can be brought up on that. Regarding other gods, most religions, including Christianity, can simple point out thst these other gods are distortion of the truth. In fact, Old Testament already gets into that discussion in Genesis.
you are falling back in the argument. you can't use one religions specific argument for their God, as justification for every other's religion formation of a god(s); or the human culture tendency towards having organized religion.

to be internally consistent you would also need to accept that each version of their god was as valid as God. which i don't think most believers are going to do. but like I said I need to read up on Bede's argument.

What does the right-wing want? The 1850s. That's what it wants--but won't get. It wants to subjugate
women and anybody who's not an old white man in a starched white shirt.

What does the right-wing want? The 1850s. That's what it wants--but won't get. It wants to subjugate
women and anybody who's not an old white man in a starched white shirt.

Dang. Turbo discovered the secret. Ok, all you right-wing zealots. The jig is up.

Stop starching your shirts! Weirdos.

Umm, what does Trump have to do with laws the State of TX passed?

Clear example that there are many liberals including the poster on X and reposter here on VN that are either

1. Too ignorant to know the difference between a state and federal law.

2. Too stupid to have learned this very important distinction as a ~13yo in school like every other American.

3. Or perhaps just so dishonest and FOS that they know Texas made this law, not federal lawmakers and CERTAINLY not Trump who is an exectutive branch President and therefore not responsible for making laws...

4. Of course completely obsessed with Trump, such that he lives in their heads rent free and is absolutely eating their lunches mentally on a daily basis.

The combinations of 1,2 and possibly 3 are optional but 4 is all but certain. Covid was complete nonsense unless one was old, heavy, etc...but TDS is the virus that has wrecked a big portion of this country's brains. It consumes these folks ability to think rationally or perceive reality accurately. Insane.

VN Store

Back