The Future Right-Wingers Want....

Why do you care, if you do not live in Louisiana?
could be as simple as empathy.

could be his desire for a better future in general, of course up to his own description as it is with everyone.

could be family, friends.

to the heart of your argument, each state constitution currently resides under the federal one. you can talk about the original intent, but considering the original intent was to change what was an earlier "British" intent for this country, it seems contradictory to say original intent applies to some changes but not others. the states still had to individually ratify the constitution and the BoR, and part of what they ratified included the ability to change the federal Constitution.

Reactions: McDad
to the heart of your argument, each state constitution currently resides under the federal one. you can talk about the original intent, but considering the original intent was to change what was an earlier "British" intent for this country, it seems contradictory to say original intent applies to some changes but not others. the states still had to individually ratify the constitution and the BoR, and part of what they ratified included the ability to change the federal Constitution.

I agree regarding legally ratified changes to the Constitution. However, incorporation doctrine was never intended with the passage of the 14th, which is why it was many years later that an activist Court created the incorporation doctrine by abusing the 14th.

You shouldn't "force" it on us by posting, I guess.

And btw, your cart of strawmen must be overflowing today. Please show me the post where I claimed an online W?

"Take your lumps" is a pretty obvious way of saying "you lost and I won."

Don't be coy. You're better than that.

Reactions: McDad
You mean allowing them to do it? Is there a govt sponsored call to prayer?
If I remember correctly it was voted for by the city to play those call to prayer..I believe Dearborn has done this since the 70s...I could 100% be wrong that why I asked?

So explain again how local govt Jefferson most fits the modern progressive agenda

One does not need to believe in an active God to call things god-given (esp those with a limited understanding of the natural world). It's simply an understood adjective that some take too literally

I'm on a phone and you obviously have a lot of free time. Curiously I'm hungry for a salad for lunch. No idea why

A lot of times he is cited for being a Deist (which was accurate) and not a Christian and then the "Separation of Church and State." It is usually in a manner openly hostile to Christianity (something he was not).

You assume too much in that statement, I just got off the phone :).

I have a great memory and I have or do read a lot, I will leave it at that. I also question a lot.

could be as simple as empathy.

could be his desire for a better future in general, of course up to his own description as it is with everyone.

could be family, friends.

Didn't those states ratify a document which outlined what the federal government could/could not force states and their people to do?

under the same argument slavery is ok. took almost 100 years for people to come to terms with that being wrong.

any type of true equality in this country was also "abhorrent" for 150+ years.

might want to be careful justifying current issues based on past acceptance.
Thought about this as well, before your response, and do not think these two things are in the same ballpark.

"Take your lumps" is a pretty obvious way of saying "you lost and I won."

Don't be coy. You're better than that.
It's not. it may feel that way for those who think that way.

But it was a "bad" post. And the more we dove into it, the worse it got.

You bout to take lumps, too.

And for the record, Im not just better than that. Im better than all yall.

Im craving leftover grilled chicken for lunch.

A lot of times he is cited for being a Deist (which was accurate) and not a Christian and then the "Separation of Church and State." It is usually in a manner openly hostile to Christianity (something he was not).

You assume too much in that statement, I just got off the phone :).

I have a great memory and I have or do read a lot, I will leave it at that. I also question a lot.
What are you craving for lunch?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Everson v Bd of Education. 1947.

The notion that a state can promote one religion is abhorrent to every concept of liberty on which this country was founded.
Technically, this isn’t promoting “one religion” as stated in the quoted judicial opinion; it is promoting TWO, Judaism and Christianity. 😉

We have yet to read any compelling discussion about how posting the 10 Cs establish a religion.

Additionally, I think the issue should be a school board decision for each district as long as the the state constitution doesn't forbid it.

Reactions: Obsessed and hog88
That state or city doesn't endorse it or post a notice about it. They simply don't fight it under an existing noise ordinance.

Apples to pineapples, imo.
In Hammertrack it was Challenged in court and upheld....but it did have a city council vote to allow it..

I agree regarding legally ratified changes to the Constitution. However, incorporation doctrine was never intended with the passage of the 14th, which is why it was many years later that an activist Court created the incorporation doctrine by abusing the 14th.
and has yet to be turned over. The same process that changed it to what you don't want, can be used to change it back. either the courts, or an amendment. which is why I think its contradictory to complain about the very process that would also fix the problem.

Reactions: EasternVol
From the news article:
Under the law, state funds will not be used to implement the mandate. The posters would be paid for through donations.

The law also "authorizes" but does not require the display of other items in K-12 public schools, including: The Mayflower Compact, which was signed by religious pilgrims aboard the Mayflower in 1620 and is often referred to as America's "First Constitution"; the Declaration of Independence; and the Northwest Ordinance, which established a government in the Northwest Territory - in the present day Midwest - and created a pathway for admitting new states to the Union.

@hog88
They're putting up some of the other stuff we thought would be good.

Looks to me the Cajuns are getting what they voted for;

The controversial law, in a state ensconced in the Bible Belt, comes during a new era of conservative leadership in Louisiana under Landry, who replaced two-term Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards in January. The GOP holds a supermajority in the Legislature, and Republicans hold every statewide elected position, paving the way for lawmakers to push through a conservative agenda.

VN Store

Back