The Future Right-Wingers Want....

Looks to me the Cajuns are getting what they voted for;

The controversial law, in a state ensconced in the Bible Belt, comes during a new era of conservative leadership in Louisiana under Landry, who replaced two-term Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards in January. The GOP holds a supermajority in the Legislature, and Republicans hold every statewide elected position, paving the way for lawmakers to push through a conservative agenda.
Dems like democracy mob rule only when it suits them.

Reactions: StarRaider
Looks to me the Cajuns are getting what they voted for;

The controversial law, in a state ensconced in the Bible Belt, comes during a new era of conservative leadership in Louisiana under Landry, who replaced two-term Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards in January. The GOP holds a supermajority in the Legislature, and Republicans hold every statewide elected position, paving the way for lawmakers to push through a conservative agenda.
That's kinda what I was getting at..isn't that the point of states rights..if the states citizens vote for it and it do ant violate the constitution, then what the problem with a district doing this? No different then a Christian school doing it or a Muslim school teaching the Qur'an.
Although I'm for freedom of religion, I struggle with acceptance of some religions.

Dems like democracy mob rule only when it suits them.
This is a fairly big "mob" on the right, too.

Of Louisiana adults, 84 percent are Christian, 13 percent are unaffiliated with any religion and about 2 percent are non-Christian faiths, the largest share being Buddhist at about 1 percent.

Reactions: StarRaider
This is a fairly big "mob" on the right, too.

Of Louisiana adults, 84 percent are Christian, 13 percent are unaffiliated with any religion and about 2 percent are non-Christian faiths, the largest share being Buddhist at about 1 percent.
That is my point..you dont hear them complaining when their mob imposes their stuff.

Those of you claiming this does not have the purpose of promoting a religion are so incredibly insincere. What OTHER purpose could there be to this ???

None. It's transparent.

Those of you claiming this does not have the purpose of promoting a religion are so incredibly insincere. What OTHER purpose could there be to this ???

None. It's transparent.
Doesn't matter if that's what it does. It's not violating that constitution is it?? And if not then its a states issue

None. It's transparent.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell”​

― Carl Sandburg

I like that idea. I'd post the Declaration of Independence along side of the BoRs.
The Declaration is wonderful. And worthy.

It is also long, and wordy.

BoR is clear cut and concise. Easy to see and understand (from one perspective) - these are the things the State cannot deprive you of.

More than anything a daily reminder to young, developing minds that the Federal Government is not supposed to be an all powerful entity dictating all terms to the citizenry

BoR is clear cut and concise. Easy to see and understand (from one perspective) - these are the things the State cannot deprive you of.

More than anything a daily reminder to young, developing minds that the Federal Government is not supposed to be an all powerful entity dictating all terms to the citizenry

Ok, just the first two paragraphs.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Doesn't matter if that's what it does. It's not violating that constitution is it?? And if not then its a states issue

Yes. It is. Per the US Supreme Court.

You rely on them to overturn Roe, you live with their decision that this violates the Constitution.

None. It's transparent.
To point out the obvious, to reference and remind folks of a good set of rules to live by. That seems more more transparent to me than some scheme to force all the children in Louisiana into religious indoctrination.

Are there some parts of the 10Cs you have an issue with on moral grounds? (that is kind of a conundrum since it seems most Western "morality" has the 10Cs as a foundation). After all, we pretty much replicate them throughout our legal code. Thou shalt not kill, steal, etc. Heck, "hate crime" law is on the same level as the admonishments to not covet, which is considered a "thought" sin.

Can you imagine the current bunch of ding dongs in Washington, DC trying to write the BoR today? Completely impossible.

Reactions: hog88
Can you imagine the current bunch of ding dongs in Washington, DC trying to write the BoR today? Completely impossible.

That's one of the reasons when someone mentions a constitutional convention I pee myself a little. Scares the bejeebies out of me to think of these jackwads writing new amendments.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
That's one of the reasons when someone mentions a constitutional convention I pee myself a little. Scares the bejeebies out of me to think of these jackwads writing new amendments.
Would be time for another War Between the States.

None. It's transparent.
Just say a prayer for those poor bastards.

VN Store

Back