The George Floyd Monument

It's complete nonsense that a criminal will go to a neighboring small town to establish his criminal enterprise because they don't have an mrap

And did you really just quote Roscoe? Not shocked
Wow. Some of you are so naïve

Lol. I’ve stated repeatedly that I’m no longer a cop. And what you just said is the exact same thing I just said in post 638
So those radios or dispatchers never notify the next county? If you're following someone doing 47 in a 45 mph zone and coming close to the next county and you "light them up" and they don't stop you don't do anything?

It's complete nonsense that a criminal will go to a neighboring small town to establish his criminal enterprise because they don't have an mrap

And did you really just quote Roscoe? Not shocked
If they don’t have a MRAP they don’t have a SWAT team. If they don’t have a SWAT team they don’t have the resources to take you. If SWAT or other officers can’t work outside their jurisdiction they can’t do your job for you. Hence the criminal now has a “base”. Not nonsense.

So those radios or dispatchers never notify the next county? If you're following someone doing 47 in a 45 mph zone and coming close to the next county and you "light them up" and they don't stop you don't do anything?
Free and clear!!

fdf2ef61ca2446293f331adae4b9f730.gif

Radio to the next county or city unless it’s an active felony.

So if they don't stop do you treat that as a "possible" felony?
You have to witness the felony take place to be justified in hot pursuit.

I’m speaking Florida law. Doesn’t mean every state is identical

Listen guys. I don’t have a problem with any of you or your opinions. I’m just trying to help you understand. If you don’t want to listen or think I’m FOS that’s fine. You don’t have to agree or disagree, it’s just the way it is until something better comes along. It costs money to have police. If you don’t support the blue I get it. But I’m obviously pro blue and I’ll stand by that but I won’t support a bad cop or a bad policy.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Should be. Drunk crashing should be punished harshly though.

What if it’s just a traffic violation? Say you run a red light but don’t crash. You get pulled over and you’re drunk. Do you get a year in prison then? Say you’re high on weed in same scenario. Do you get a year for that too?

What if it’s just a traffic violation? Say you run a red light but don’t crash. You get pulled over and you’re drunk. Do you get a year in prison then? Say you’re high on weed in sane scenario. Do you get a year for that too?

No crash so no. Just a ticket for running the red light.

What if it’s just a traffic violation? Say you run a red light but don’t crash. You get pulled over and you’re drunk. Do you get a year in prison then? Say you’re high on weed in same scenario. Do you get a year for that too?
No. In his world that’s legal.

Lol. That’s ridiculous. If I hit a tree and destroy my own property I get a year in jail. If I run a red light and actually put people in direct danger I get a ticket.

Why should the penalty for running a red light drunk be 100x more harsh than running one sober? In both cases didn't the person endanger others?

Who owns the tree you hit?

No crash so no. Just a ticket for running the red light.
Then records show a frequent flyer has been pulled over multiple times..... and then some unlucky teenager here clobbered and killed. Could have been prevented.

The law should not always be reactionary, in some cases it must also be preventative.

Reactions: 1vol8
Do you have comprehension issues?
Not at all. I’m taking you at your word and you’ve stated all drugs should be legal along with driving drunk. The crash itself is the only crime. Correct?

Then records show a frequent flyer has been pulled over multiple times..... and then some unlucky teenager here clobbered and killed. Could have been prevented.

The law should not always be reactionary, in some cases it must also be preventative.

Think about what you just posted.

Not at all. I’m taking you at your word and you’ve stated all drugs should be legal along with driving drunk. The crash itself is the only crime. Correct?

Correct.

You could also arrest them for reckless driving if they are swerving or otherwise driving erratically.

Correct.

You could also arrest them for reckless driving if they are swerving or otherwise driving erratically.
So what about this do you feel I didn’t comprehend?

“In his world it’s all legal”.

Seems you may be the one that has comprehension issues. Js

Why should the penalty for running a red light drunk be 100x more harsh than running one sober? In both cases didn't the person endanger others?

Who owns the tree you hit?

So if you wreck a car sober you get a year as well.

Think about what you just posted.
If you are a habitual law breaker and continue to put the public at risk in a condition where you are incapable of operating a motor vehicle the punishment should be harsher.

If you go into a bank and tell them to hand over the money or you'll wipe a booger on them you'lll get a prison sentence. If you go into a bank and pull out a gun and tell them to hand the money over you'll get a longer prison sentence.

Sober is booger, gun is drunk.

So if you wreck a car sober you get a year as well.

That's a good question. Sometimes when traffic is backed up from someones stupidity I think they should get a bullet.

But to answer the question, if they were driving recklessly I would support that harsh of a penalty. But being drunk IMO would be an aggravating factor justifying a harsh penalty where simple carelessness would receive a lesser one.

VN Store

Back