The Golf Thread

Now that is a different story if the lady is sexy as hell I would have no problem her beating me.

I have dreams about good looking women that can whip my ass at golf.

That's why I married her.

:lolabove: Please.

I said that from ignorance, as I don't know your handicap. She plays to a +4, mainly because she doesn't play very much anymore. If you consistently shoot in the low 70s, it would probably be a pretty good match.

That's why I married her.

I said that from ignorance, as I don't know your handicap. She plays to a +4, mainly because she doesn't play very much anymore. If you consistently shoot in the low 70s, it would probably be a pretty good match.

Wouldn't a +4 be a consistent 60's shooter?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Wouldn't a +4 be a consistent 60's shooter?

Course ratings and equitable stroke control aside, you don't think if you threw somebody out there who consistently shoots 73 against somebody who consistently shoots 69 it would be competitive?

Well if she is shooting that then she probably would beat me. I usually shoot high 70s low 80s. :p

Acutally, I didn't get my ass kicked yesterday. Another couple is playing in the upcoming Jack & Jill (my wife plays with her father,) so we scrambled as couples and wife was on my team. We shot -3 for 9 with 2 bogeys and won.

Course ratings and equitable stroke control aside, you don't think if you threw somebody out there who consistently shoots 73 against somebody who consistently shoots 69 it would be competitive?

I just remember seeing Tiger's handicap card 1 time & it was a +2.

My fault I found it. It was an +8.1 at the time.
That sounds a lot more plausible. It's almost impossible to calculate since there's really no course rating or slope calculation for a course that is setup for a PGA Tour event. A course may be rated 74 with a slope in the high 130s from the back tees, but by the time they trick it up with thick rough, fast greens and stretch out the tees, it's probably 78+ and 145+.

Last edited:
Here's a pic

0e97f7d5.jpg

I probably posted it wrong. Wife is a 4 handicap. Forigve if I did the +/- wrong.
:) I was wondering about that. I knew she was good, but when I saw that number and then you posted that she didn't play very much I was thinking you either got it wrong or were married to Annika Sorenstaam.

On another note, local phenom Emma Talley, a rising HS senior, shot a +5 on day one of the US Women's Open. She was +3 after 15 on day 2 when play was suspended, putting her right on the cut line.

She has committed to Bama.

Jekyll and Hyde round today. Sad realization of fitness level when playing 27 makes you suck wind.

On another note, local phenom Emma Talley, a rising HS senior, shot a +5 on day one of the US Women's Open. She was +3 after 15 on day 2 when play was suspended, putting her right on the cut line.

surprised she's still talked too in KY, saw her on Golf Channel's morning drive last week, and at the end of the interview she threw out a roll tide...

Emma is just now a rising senior? Wow, I worked some events she played in back in 2007 as her rules official and did some interviews with her. Girl has some serious talent. Can't believe she's taking that talent to Bama.

VN Store

Back