The Golf Thread

Strong irony in the first paragraph.

For real. The guy worked for Tiger, it was a job. If Tiger chose to let him go that's his business for whatever reason. I'm sure he knew he was playing with fire when he asked to carry Scott's bag. He can cry about loyalty all he wants but if not for Tiger his bank account would be significantly smaller. If Tiger had thrown another caddie in the mix for a couple weeks & told Stevie to take a break then fired him that may have been pretty shady & disloyal. Kinda like Adam Scott did his former caddie.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If Williams got fired after two years of no paychecks for picking up Scott's bag as a filler to get one, he has a huge, legit gripe. He should be free to voice it to any caddie considering the job, to any new potential employer, to Tiger, to his wife and parents.

Voicing it to any media outlet that will listen in the wake of a big victory by his new employer is bushleague.

bingo. It's not that he voiced his displeasure, it's how and where he did it. That said, I don't think anyone needs Stevie Williams to tell them that Tiger can be a prick. Anyone that's followed the game already had that one figured out. We just all let it slide because he had such enormous talent. Now that the talent is fading, no one's as willing to let the prick-ish attitude get by.

If Williams got fired after two years of no paychecks for picking up Scott's bag as a filler to get one, he has a huge, legit gripe. He should be free to voice it to any caddie considering the job, to any new potential employer, to Tiger, to his wife and parents.

Voicing it to any media outlet that will listen in the wake of a big victory by his new employer is bushleague.

Of course he is free to voice his gripe.

But that doesn't mean he isn't a douche for doing so. Nor does it preclude the possibility he is a douche for the way he does it.

Anyone who doesn't think Stevie is an enormous prick himself is completely delusional. He's a caddie with an ego. He's the closest thing in golf to a MLB umpire.

He's the caddie. He hauls the bag. Seems you've let the media tell you too much about how invaluable they might be. They make an incremental difference, but it's ridiculously slight because everyone out there has one. The caddie does what the player asks him to do. The player hits the shots, short games it close and makes putts. Caddies don't do any
of that.

The media has informed me of nothing. Greg Norman mentioned that he's positive that firing Williams cost him a major. Mickelson gave credit to his caddie for his last Masters victory.

The media has informed me of nothing. Greg Norman mentioned that he's positive that firing Williams cost him a major. Mickelson gave credit to his caddie for his last Masters victory.
There's nothing that ever cost Norman a major except the space between his ears.

I thought it was to carry the clubs & get yardages.

At the club level, not on the PGA tour. Most pros admit that a good caddie is worth a shot or two every tournament, and a great caddie is worth a shot or two every round.

At the club level, not on the PGA tour. Most pros admit that a good caddie is worth a shot or two every tournament, and a great caddie is worth a shot or two every round.

Who the heck has a caddie at the club level?

You a PGA touring pro?

Are you? When asked point blank this week every golfer on the telecast couldn't put a number on how many strokes a good caddy helps with. Thats because everybody knows the role is overhyped.

Tiger hasn't said one negative thing abkht the guy. He is being a gigantic prick.

End of story.

I've caddied a couple of times on the Nationwide Tour. There's definitely more to it than cleaning clubs, but really it all depends on the player.

Drive to The Honors Course, walk into the clubhouse, and ask them that question.

Lol omg. Yea I'll go to Augusta & ask that too. I'm well aware some exclusive courses require a caddy but they're usually provided. I wouldn't need them being any sort of psychologist.

VN Store

Back