The Golf Thread

Going back to school... just moved back to Knoxville.

What's the best range/practice facility in the area?

I checked out Target golf the other day in Powell. Bermuda tees were in decent shape, as was the practice green. The place was a ghost town though... didn't see one worker and the pro shop wasn't open. It didn't have a chipping/pitching area either, which was disappointing. The par 3 "course" is a joke as well. It's just a loop of three holes played at three different lengths.

Going back to school... just moved back to Knoxville.

What's the best range/practice facility in the area?

I checked out Target golf the other day in Powell. Bermuda tees were in decent shape, as was the practice green. The place was a ghost town though... didn't see one worker and the pro shop wasn't open. It didn't have a chipping/pitching area either, which was disappointing. The par 3 "course" is a joke as well. It's just a loop of three holes played at three different lengths.

if your in the fort, you should check out Island Home

Carded a 2 over 74 this morning, put one in the drink on #8 for a double that killed me, it was a beautiful day to play golf here though, not too hot.

Anybody have the X20s and how did they play? My buddy is selling his for cheap to buy the X22s and I need an upgrade.

Anybody have the X20s and how did they play? My buddy is selling his for cheap to buy the X22s and I need an upgrade.

I had a set, kept them a year and sold them for what I paid for them. I like the ping G2's better, but that's jmo
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Pretty sure having a few drinks in me helped out my round the other day. Was relatively solid off the tee.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Pulled my 6 iron out on the 2nd hole yesterday and it's bent. My 5 and 4 as well. Something underneath and on top of them in the back of my truck caused it.
Struggled for a few holes since I only had a hybrid and 7 iron for 160-200 yds. About broke my back trying to hit a 7 from 170 and flailed a hybrid when I tried to lay off it and hit it 175. Very frustrating.
I have the X 18 pro series. I've always hit them pretty well. Think I should stick with them? Need to get new clubs now. My wife says I did it on purpose.

You know, they make replacement shafts for those things. :)

There's also the old create friction with a towel and bend it back trick.

VN Store

Back