The GOP and Minority Rule

What is extreme about requiring voter ID and asking people to request an absentee ballot? I’ve voted absentee before and it’s insanely easy to get a ballot.

You know what I like? A robust democracy with high levels of voter participation and low levels of voter fraud. You know what Georgia voting had last go around? High levels of voter participation and low levels of voter fraud. The GOP hasn't found any substantial fraud, yet they wanna take action that they know will make voting more difficult. And why? Because there's fraud? Nope, couldn't find any of that. They wanna do it because it's their only chance for winning.

You know what I like? A robust democracy with high levels of voter participation and low levels of voter fraud. You know what Georgia voting had last go around? High levels of voter participation and low levels of voter fraud. The GOP hasn't found any substantial fraud, yet they wanna take action that they know will make voting more difficult. And why? Because there's fraud? Nope, couldn't find any of that. They wanna do it because it's their only chance for winning.

This action doesn't make voting anymore difficult.

How does requiring an ID and a ballot request make voting more difficult? The primary result would ensure legal votes. Why does pursuing only legal votes favor Republicans? Because they're more honest? Why does the extreme extra work of requesting a ballot deter Democrats? Because they're lazy?

Both sides should want a truthful election. It seems like you and other Democrats are arguing for the way that will favor you winning. Ambiguity.

Last edited:

These are just common sense voting reforms.

Why is showing proof that you are who you say you are, and that you are, in fact, the registered voter making the choices and casting the vote considered "more difficult"? Why would you or anyone else object to voter identification as part of the voting process?

Reactions: Kristy*

Please explain how a voting center makes it more difficult to vote.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
Holy **** what a bunch of hooie

It specifically eliminates early voting on Sundays, when Black churches traditionally hold “Souls to the Polls” get-out-the-vote drives.

Under IRS code, “all IRC section 501(c)(3) organizations, including churches and religious organizations, are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office.

Since black churches obviously have an agenda in seeing that their members voted, this would be a violation of the rules keeping non profit entities such as churches from pushing a political agenda.

In Georgia, Republicans Take Aim at Role of Black Churches in Elections In Georgia, Republicans Take Aim at Role of Black Churches in Elections

That evil, evil Sunday voting. A clear threat to free and fair elections. Minority Rule doin' its thang.

I agree that this is an unnecessary battle. I see nothing wrong with this other than Republicans didn’t think of it first. This is another way that Democrats have out flanked republicans. But this will likely swing like a pendulum and once the republicans catch on and start doing the same thing, it will become an injustice. Can you imagine the outrage of “souls to polls” in a predominately white evangelical church?

I agree that this is an unnecessary battle. I see nothing wrong with this other than Republicans didn’t think of it first. This is another way that Democrats have out flanked republicans. But this will likely swing like a pendulum and once the republicans catch on and start doing the same thing, it will become an injustice. Can you imagine the outrage of “souls to polls” in a predominately white evangelical church?
I agree. It’s a worthless fight for them to pick, but I understand what they’re trying to curb. Black churches have been exploited for years.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back