The GOP and Minority Rule

Since black churches obviously have an agenda in seeing that their members voted, this would be a violation of the rules keeping non profit entities such as churches from pushing a political agenda.

Exactly.

Court packing is not a constitutional issue and certainly has nothing to do with this silly republic vs democracy debate.

Statehood is governed by the constitution. Non-issue in preventing new states from coming on board. We've done it a lot since the original 13. My argument was always that while I'd prefer structural reform, if you're not going to get it, you gotta use what's at your disposal to correct the anti-democratic efforts by the GOP to entrench minority rule. Adding dc and pr through constitutional means would be completely constitutional (tautology)

EC obviously won't be dissolved because the small states have too much at stake to change it. EC compact is the best way to go. Unclear if SCOTUS would strike it down.

Wanting to ensure that all states had a voice is not the same as wanting to ensure that small states ruled. The latter is what has happened and what will continue to happen if things proceed as their proceeding. Framers never intended minority rule, just constraints on majority rule.

Good piece on how the GOP had been using this argument for years.

Sen. Mike Lee’s tweets against "democracy," explained
How the hell do you figure small states rule? In a Presidential election 4 states (8% of the states) make up 28% of the electorate votes. 6 (12%) make up 35% of the votes. And don’t give me this crap about the GOP trying to rig the system when Dems are trying to add states, pack courts, change election laws, and anything else they can to help their side.

Hmm...how can something be secure at one level of usage and then become less secure as usage increases. If only there were an example to illustrate the dynamic. I know!!

Imagine a group of 30 rowdy people visit the Capitol. The protective blockades and personnel can easily handle a group of 30 rowdy rabble rousers. There isn't a large enough group to overwhelm the system in use to protect and secure the premises. Now, take that same group of rowdys and increase by a factor of 10 and it's a different situation. 3,000 people can easily inundate the infrastructure, manpower, and response. As usage increased, security decreased. I hope you found my hypothetical illuminating.

Hmm...how can something be secure at one level of usage and then become less secure as usage increases. If only there were an example to illustrate the dynamic. I know!!

Imagine a group of 30 rowdy people visit the Capitol. The protective blockades and personnel can easily handle a group of 30 rowdy rabble rousers. There isn't a large enough group to overwhelm the system in use to protect and secure the premises. Now, take that same group of rowdys and increase by a factor of 10 and it's a different situation. 3,000 people can easily inundate the infrastructure, manpower, and response. As usage increased, security decreased. I hope you found my hypothetical illuminating.
30 increased by a factor of 10? Damn public schools.

Reactions: McDad
White privilege in its finest hour
That’s called membership privilege Junior. Pretty sure that Senate pin crosses race boundaries in a situation like that and works for all of them.

however it doesn’t seem to work well for a lesser political animal trying to out alpha a greater political animal. There’s probably a lesson for you there too kid!

Compare and contrast

I’m failing to see the problem. Harassment and trespassing are crimes.

The real problem here is the insane democratic rhetoric that has convinced her this bill is something more than it is.

If she were a white dude trying to get into the office because the Governor was signing a bill about 5G and he believed it would turn everyone into zombies, no one would care. People only care here because they falsely believe she’s fighting for minority rights

VN Store

Back