The Impeachment Thread

How patriotic was it of Donald Trump to side with Russia over the conclusions of our intelligence community, including his own Director of National Intelligence in Helsinki in July of 2018? Lt. Col. Vindman is a Purple Heart recipient. That is more than can be said for either Blackburn or Cadet Bone Spurs.

I’m beginning to wonder if Vlad has more honesty than our intelligence agencies.

It certainly rises to the level of impeachment.
The moral of the Trumpism catastrophe is, don't elect a horrendously despicable human as president. If you do, the bar for impeachment will be as low as we can legally set it. Elect a descent and honorable human, and the bar for impeachment will be as high as legally possible.

You literally just admitted it’s all politics, you dolt.

I bet you can’t wipe without getting **** on your fingers.

The moral of the Trumpism catastrophe is, don't elect a horrendously despicable human as president. If you do, the bar for impeachment will be as low as we can legally set it. Elect a descent and honorable human, and the bar for impeachment will be as high as legally possible.
It's telling that in your lexicon "decent" and "descent" are synonyms.

You're a moral relativist lecturing everyone about morlity. Just shut up and stop making yourself look like a self-absorbed, childish fool.

the choice of managers is interesting. I get Schiff since he was in charge. Nadler because it's his committee but I bet they wish they could get someone else. Jeffries and Lofgren must have muscled their way on. Surely their are better litigators among the D-House

Jeffries threatened to pull the Nazi Racist card unless he got to be on the losing team... Lofgren and Garcia were heard telling the Senators to MOOOO-ve out of the way at the snack table. Droolin' no-nads is there to be the stooge so the rest don't look like total fools.

For the left, the real question isn't whether or not Trump did what he was accused of. The real question is rather it rises to the level of impeachment established by the U.S. Constitution. As much as you really want it to, it doesn't do that. The Democrats are trying to turn impeachment into a political tool. That should not be allowed. If it is, we're going to see more instances of a House controlled by a party in opposition to the President using it as such.
As long as Republicans are denying that Trump placed a hold on Congressionally approved military aid to the Ukraine, in order to use it as leverage against their President's willingness to perform a campaign favor for him by going on CNN and announcing that he was opening an investigation into the Bidens? Then you are wrong. The real question is, did Trump do what he is accused of. If the Republicans were arguing that it simply doesn't justify removing an American President from office? I think many would probably agree with that... but that hasn't been their argument.

As long as Republicans are denying that Trump placed a hold on Congressionally approved military aid to the Ukraine, in order to use it as leverage against their President's willingness to perform a campaign favor for him by going on CNN and announcing an investigation into the Bidens? Then you are wrong. The real question is, did Trump do what he is accused of. If the Republicans were arguing that it simply doesn't justify removing an American President from office? I think many would probably agree with that... but that hasn't been their argument.

The what’s the f****** point!

You do realize that’s a double edged sword with TWO very sharp edges right? There are millions of people on the right that think of the liberal candidates running for POTUS the same as you think of Trump . Sooner or later the House will go back to the GOP . That’s why impeaching for political gain is just cheapening the impact and process .

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64
and screw all those people who've been getting raises, have their taxes reduced - all those people who have jobs now that did not before he was elected. All those who've been able to advance in their careers because of the tight labor pool.

their real life improvements pale in comparison to Luther's sense of outrage - we must consider his feelings first
Speaking of the tight labor pool, I noticed a placard in front of a local U-Haul franchise yesterday, saying “Moonlighters Wanted”.

Reactions: VolnJC and AM64
There are no moral saints in politics. But there are certainly degrees of moral depravity. And the Trump enablers are dominating there. Neither side being perfect does not entail both are morally equivalent.
Did you feel the same about Bill Clinton as you do about Trump? They're basically the same person, only Trump lacks the charisma. Morals tend to sway with political affiliation, not to mention, what people consider morally wrong differs from person to person. Makes it hard to put it on a "continuum".

The what’s the f****** point!
Trump should be held accountable for an abuse of power. He was trying to use military aid to a foreign government as leverage to obtain a campaign favor. If Trump refuses to acknowledge that, and he gets nothing but support from Republicans to that end... then impeachment was the only way to hold him accountable for his actions. That should not be allowed to stand... and it should not be tolerated in the future. It was wrong.

As long as Republicans are denying that Trump placed a hold on Congressionally approved military aid to the Ukraine, in order to use it as leverage against their President's willingness to perform a campaign favor for him by going on CNN and announcing that he was opening an investigation into the Bidens? Then you are wrong. The real question is, did Trump do what he is accused of. If the Republicans were arguing that it simply doesn't justify removing an American President from office? I think many would probably agree with that... but that hasn't been their argument.

But it has - Lindsey Graham for one has been on this since the beginning.

Besides why does fealty to what you are arguing matter? Do you really believe Dems think national security was in danger as a result of this? That the very core of democracy is threatened by it or maybe they see this as a chance to damage Trump and win some close elections.

Reactions: AM64
Did you feel the same about Bill Clinton as you do about Trump? They're basically the same person, only Trump lacks the charisma. Morals tend to sway with political affiliation, not to mention, what people consider morally wrong differs from person to person. Makes it hard to put it on a "continuum".

No, I don't feel the same about the two. It's not even close.

Trump should be held accountable for an abuse of power. He was trying to use military aid to a foreign government as leverage to obtain a campaign favor. If Trump refuses to acknowledge that, and he gets nothing but support from Republicans to that end... then impeachment was the only way to hold him accountable for his actions. That should not be allowed to stand... and it should not be tolerated in the future. It was wrong.

ask yourself objectively if this had been Obama if you be beating the drum this hard.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
Nope. The law isn't based on your feels, Luther. And you don't want it based on the feels of others. What happens when the right decides your candidate is "the most despicable person ever"? Everyone has opinions. Would you want someone you supported subjected to the same type of "justice"? We both know the real answer no matter what you say. You're unable to put aside your opinion and see facts. You believe your opinions are facts. That's just dangerous, and once again, delusional.

WGAF? You can view it however you want but the only abuse of power was from pedo Joe and those that let he and his kid’s corruption slide.

You do realize that’s a double edged sword with TWO very sharp edges right? There are millions of people on the right that think of the liberal candidates running for POTUS the same as you think of Trump . Sooner or later the House will go back to the GOP . That’s why impeaching first political gain is just cheapening the impact and process .
I don't think Luther knows the definition of "despicable", or he'd be embarrassed to keep making that argument. The definition of "despicable" is literally a description of how you feel about someone. Nothing more. Nothing less. He's basing the ethics of overturning an election on how the president makes him feel. His argument is literally, "Don't elect a president we dislike and we won't have to impeach the president."

I don't know if there's a person on this planet that I could pity more than Luther.

I don't think Luther knows the definition of "despicable", or he'd be embarrassed to keep making that argument. The definition of "despicable" is literally a description of how you feel about someone. Nothing more. Nothing less. He's basing the ethics of overturning an election on how the president makes him feel. His argument is literally, "Don't elect a president we dislike and we won't have to impeach the president."

I don't know if there's a person on this planet that I could pity more than Luther.

Them feelz will get you every time , if you let them .

VN Store

Back