The Impeachment Thread

Sure thing.

The Articles of Impeachment Resolution

ARTICLE I : ABUSE OF POWER

(2nd paragraph)

Using the powers of his high office, President Trump solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 United States Presidential election. He did so through a scheme or course of conduct that included soliciting the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations that would benefit his reelection, harm the election prospects of a political opponent, and influence the 2020 United States Presidential election to his advantage. President Trump also sought to pressure the Government of Ukraine to take these steps by conditioning official United States Government acts of significant value to Ukraine on its public announcement of the investigations. President Trump engaged in this scheme or course of conduct for corrupt purposes in pursuit of personal political benefit. In so doing, President Trump used the powers of the Presidency in a manner that compromised the national security of the United States and undermined the integrity of the United States democratic process. He thus ignored and injured the interests of the Nation.

That's a HUGE swing and miss.

(1) Those are accusations, not evidence.

(2) Even the accusations don't accuse him of leveraging military aid against Ukraine as you assured us. Nowhere in there does it say that he leveraged military aid. Nowhere. It said something about him "seeking" to, whatever that means. (I think it's code for "some people told us that they assumed that he thought about doing it.")

So, again, can you point to where he did so? Because even Prez Z said it never happened.

PS: It's pretty ugly for you to ignore this post...

Prez Z is on record saying that Trump never leveraged aid. The aid was delivered before the deadline.

...only to then post the above garbage.

Reactions: AM64
How mad are you that we constantly interfere in other countries elections?
It would all depend on the type of "interference". If we assist with measures that increase participation, validity, and factual knowledge, I'm all for it. If we target subgroups with lies and misinformation, or attempt to restrict or discourage some subgroups from participating, I'm against it.

Last edited:
Again, even taking this at face value... it is not the same thing as siding with Vladimir Putin's denial. Once again, if what Trump did was right, why did he later claim to have misspoken? Nobody wants to touch that question. I can understand why.

I’m not defending his actions or trying to explain them. I’m simply pointing out that there was nothing unpatriotic about them.

That's a HUGE swing and miss.

(1) Those are accusations, not evidence.

(2) Even the accusations don't accuse him of leveraging military aid against Ukraine as you assured us. Nowhere in there does it say that he leveraged military aid. Nowhere. It said something about him "seeking" to, whatever that means. (I think it's code for "some people told us that they assumed that he thought about doing it.")

So, again, can you point to where he did so? Because even Prez Z said it never happened.
(1) The evidence will be in Bolton's book, apparently.

(2) Yes, it does. It doesn't use the specific word "leveraged" as I did, but that is the activity which is being described in paragraph 2 in the Articles of Impeachment, under Article I : Abuse of Power.

Never thought I'd see this graphic.

Honestly, the right wingers are losing their marbles over Trump.

View attachment 257172
That is crazy. John Bolton worked for Fox News as a paid contributor for 8 years. Bolton was hyper-critical of every decision that Obama made. Bolton appeared on Lou Dobbs show many times. These people have no conscience.

Reactions: MontyPython
Don't get your panties in a wad. If there are witnesses, it will work both ways, and you aren't going to like what the ones the house dims ruled out have to say. It will probably look a lot like the FISA fiasco v.2.

Give me the worst case scenario!

VN Store

Back