The Impeachment Thread

The book is not admissible (under normal rules of evidence which I am not sure apply here) but Bolton's testimony regarding statements made by Trump to him would be (with the same caveat).

I'm fine w/or without Bolton's statements. There's nothing there there. Trump will be staying as POTUS..

Last edited:
Reactions: VolnJC
Careful, he's trying out a new shtick of deflecting red hatted traits onto the normal.
If he hadn't been so vocal about his hatred of the government and how he was up in arms because Mueller didn't want to give that Russian company full unrestricted access to all of our governments information. He is such an anti government tool he would be happy to believe Russia over our own IC. Hog is no different than Trump.

You mean the people we helped put in place that didn't work out, or times we were ineffective in influencing another country's election?
It was a tongue in cheek comment. I don't have any detailed knowledge of such campaigns and if its in our national interest, I don't have a problem with it at all. Funny that some would.

Reactions: AM64
False Equivalencies between a political GOP investigation and impeachment to a legitimate one.
or MUCH more likely, both Clinton and Trump did political shady crap that was in violation of regulations and laws yet neither really rose to the impeachment level, as both parties continuously go down the same stupid rabbit holes for partisan hackery

I'm fine w/or without Bolton's statements. There's nothing there there. Trump will be staying as the POTUS..
There is something there, if you choose to believe what is in John Bolton's book. It is very damning. It confirms the allegations made in Article I : Abuse of Power, in the Articles of Impeachment. Trump supporters understand this, and they are in overdrive trying to discredit John Bolton. I agree that Trump will be staying as the POTUS, for another 51 weeks.

Give me the worst case scenario!

Who knows where things lead when you open Pandora's box. The point was that the entire house "investigation" wasn't an investigation at all; it was simply a collection of fables that favored one side and ignored anything from the other. If things open up in the senate, the other side will come out. For example, it you start with Trump tried to make an investigation happen, then the flip side would be what would the investigation have uncovered? I can't imagine how Joe's funny little story about how he forced Ukraine to call off an investigation would get ignored. Your side doesn't care much for fair and balanced ... actually no politician on either side does, but mud slinging tends to get pretty dirty once it gets going good.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
There's been plenty that were something other than "talking smack". You've haven't paid attention. That's cool. You desperately want to believe he's a good President
I have seen most of his tweets..... he rambles from subject to subject..... I want him to be a good president and so far he has been imo.... I also wanted Obama to be a good president which I don’t think he was.... you make it sound like these are sports team..... I’m not on any team and would vote for a democrat as quick as a republican.... so far I have liked trump more than any republican or Democrat..... if you want to know the truth, trump is probably more of a democrat than a republican anyways.

I have seen most of his tweets..... he rambles from subject to subject..... I want him to be a good president and so far he has been imo.... I also wanted Obama to be a good president which I don’t think he was.... you make it sound like these are sports team..... I’m not on any team and would vote for a democrat as quick as a republican.... so far I have liked trump more than any republican or Democrat..... if you want to know the truth, trump is probably more of a democrat than a republican anyways.

Not even you believe this.

Who knows where things lead when you open Pandora's box. The point was that the entire house "investigation" wasn't an investigation at all; it was simply a collection of fables that favored one side and ignored anything from the other. If things open up in the senate, the other side will come out. For example, it you start with Trump tried to make an investigation happen, then the flip side would be what would the investigation have uncovered? I can't imagine how Joe's funny little story about how he forced Ukraine to call off an investigation would get ignored. Your side doesn't care much for fair and balanced ... actually no politician on either side does, but mud slinging tends to get pretty dirty once it gets going good.

Personally, I would welcome this. Shouldn't we all be concerned about corruption - regardless if it's a D or and R doing it?

Only in that he is fiscally liberal. Trump doesn't mind an inflated budget. On pretty much everything else, Trump has moved to the far right.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. I don't have any detailed knowledge of such campaigns and if its in our national interest, I don't have a problem with it at all. Funny that some would.

I think we have to admit that almost all countries try to influence elections elsewhere. That's just how it is. Words are one thing, but we probably both have a problem with putting puppets in power - whether we do it or a foreign power does it.

Don Jr and Ivanka haven't profited off their dad's name since he has been president? BULL $HIT.

What jobs did they get and compensation from a foreign country with no experience after being unceremoniously thrown out of the military for drug use because their dad was president?

There is something there, if you choose to believe what is in John Bolton's book. It is very damning. It confirms the allegations made in Article I : Abuse of Power, in the Articles of Impeachment. Trump supporters understand this, and they are in overdrive trying to discredit John Bolton. I agree that Trump will be staying as the POTUS, for another 51 weeks.

I have no concerns good or bad of what Bolton says.....he has nothing that's gonna damn Trump as POTUS.

Reactions: AM64 and vols40
With the 2020 Republican Party, treason wouldn’t be impeachable. Democrats should take what they can get and exploit it in every possible way.
Perjury comment refers to Clinton. Both sides will vigorously defend their own. I doubt treason would be enough for the 2020 Dems either if it was one of theirs facing the charge. Acting as if either side can claim a moral high ground is ludicrous.

VN Store

Back