The Impeachment Thread

I couldn't name one. (but there are a few approaching that with their godlike worship of Trump)

Personally, I am acutely aware they all lie on a continuum.

Only a fool would regard them all as equally good or equally bad.

Continuums are colored by opinion and often disregard facts. Only a fool refuse to admit that.

Reactions: AM64
Don't attribute the arguments of others to me. I'm not a part of some larger group think.

And the left is absolutely trying to subvert the system. What have I said to you since the beginning? Beat him in the next election. My message never waivered. The process the left is using is setting s dangerous precedent that will come back and bite them. When it does, the Dems will whine and cry about it, but they have no one but themselves to blame.
What argument am I attributing to you?
You said dems are willing to tear down the system to get Trump.
I countered with the fact that Trump was elected to do just that very thing.
If you're attempting to remain objectively in the middle, claiming the dems are for tearing down the system and saying nothing about the repubs seems disingenuous.
Claiming this impeachment is somehow more partisan or unjustified than the Clinton impeachment also clearly shows that you are not as objectively in the middle as you try to portray.

Reactions: Mick
Continuums are colored by opinion and often disregard facts. Only a fool refuse to admit that.
I would never refuse to admit that.
Some continuums are much better than others.
Even continuums lie on a continuum.
Mine are better than most - because I account for opinion and try not to disregard facts.

Fair enough, he abused his power (as acknowledged by the vast majority of people - even Senators) and has used his power to obstruct (hinder, stonewall) the investigation into that abuse of power. The only question now being, not if he is guilty, but if the guilt rises to the level of removal from office. Additional witnesses and documentation would obviously add clarity as to the level of his acknowledged abuse.

But yea, it was always known that the senate would almost assuredly stand with Trump.

If I state it's raining, and it is. That's fact.

If my wife says you are saying that because I don't want to run to the store to get her a bag of licorice, or I don't want to mow the lawn, or .... that's her opinion that I'm abusing my position and not respecting her mandate. It could even be fact, but unless someone has found a means to burrow into another person's head and extract his thoughts, it's still opinion.

You can pretty well guess with the senate that there's gonna be bias ... maybe even similar to a couple of football teams getting on a field to play a game. Republicans have learned from the dims how the game is played ... of course, there's romney on your side, and a couple of post turtles who can't decide where they stand.

What argument am I attributing to you?
You said dems are willing to tear down the system to get Trump.
I countered with the fact that Trump was elected to do just that very thing.
If you're attempting to remain objectively in the middle, claiming the dems are for tearing down the system and saying nothing about the repubs seems disingenuous.
Claiming this impeachment is somehow more partisan or unjustified than the Clinton impeachment also clearly shows that you are not as objectively in the middle as you try to portray.
lmao We've discussed this. Whitewater was political, but you can't call being impeached for perjury political when Clinton admitted he did it. Perjury is an actual crime defined under law. What Trump attempted to do was unethical, but not clearly defined as illegal. He deserves to be censured, but it does not reach the level of impeachment. The Dems have overplayed their hand. Honestly, if the House would have voted to censure him, they would have come out much better. It would have been a victory. But when Trump does not get removed from office, it will look more like a victory for him.

Mine are better than most - because I account for opinion and try not to disregard facts.
Funny, because I see you discount inconvenient facts on a regular basis.

That odd, I was just about to post that mine are better than most - because I take into account opinion and try not to disregard facts . 😉

Reactions: Sandman 423
If I state it's raining, and it is. That's fact.

If my wife says you are saying that because I don't want to run to the store to get her a bag of licorice, or I don't want to mow the lawn, or .... that's her opinion that I'm abusing my position and not respecting her mandate. It could even be fact, but unless someone has found a means to burrow into another person's head and extract his thoughts, it's still opinion.

You can pretty well guess with the senate that there's gonna be bias ... maybe even similar to a couple of football teams getting on a field to play a game. Republicans have learned from the dims how the game is played ... of course, there's romney on your side, and a couple of post turtles who can't decide where they stand.

Spot on with the thought police left wingers. Really hopeful the Republicans increase the Senate so senators like Collins are never ever mentioned again. And Mitt Romney is told he can move his Senate seat to the left side of the chamber

That odd, I was just about to post that mine are better than most - because I take into account opinion and try not to disregard facts . 😉
I'm just thrilled to see more people acknowledging the importance of continuums and attempting to create and use their own.
I'll count that as a personal victory.
It wasn't to long ago when people were stuck on that "well they all lie" type of nonsense.

Politics in general seems to breed cult like thinking. People become too lazy to demand accountability from their own, yet demand it from the other side.

Reactions: luthervol and AM64
I'm just thrilled to see more people acknowledging the importance of continuums and attempting to create and use their own.
I'll count that as a personal victory.
It wasn't to long ago when people were stuck on that "well they all lie" type of nonsense.

FB78A116-2FB5-42A0-B472-43B296A473CE.jpeg
I don’t believe in them simply because of the personal , subjective opinions that has to be considered in their make up . I put them on about the same level as I do companies that profit from polling information .

Believing something that’s been ingrained into you through MSM and government propaganda.. makes you part of a cult . No difference .
I agree you're a good republican. The ole MSM and government BAD propaganda spewed by FOX and "friends" has people saying the darnedest things.

Reactions: luthervol
View attachment 257477

Ergo, vis a vis ipso facto quod erat demonstratum.
The quintessential human delusion would be thinking that withholding your vote from the viable candidate you would prefer to see win somehow helps dissolve the two-party system.
I have no love for the two party system and would be happy with its demise. I'll do whatever realistically helps expedite that.
In the meantime, I'll use my vote as best I can to advance my objectives. Anything else would truly be delusionally foolish.

Reactions: Rifleman
The quintessential human delusion would be thinking that withholding your vote from the viable candidate you would prefer to see win somehow helps dissolve the two-party system.
I have no love for the two party system and would be happy with its demise. I'll do whatever realistically helps expedite that.
In the meantime, I'll use my vote as best I can to advance my objectives. Anything else would truly be delusionally foolish.

The only way to get support for now than 2 parties is to ensure that the 2 candidates receiving the most votes have a runoff. We cannot ever let a president with 20-30%

VN Store

Back