The Impeachment Thread

Also, this whole **** show has reinforced my opinion we need Congressional term limits, but we'll never see them because neither party wants to give up the power that comes with being a lifelong Congressional member. It doesn't serve the public to have the same people elected over and over again. It serves the partisan mindset of power.

Have you ever heard of a trial being ended because the prosecutors were correct, but the trial abruptly ended anyway because one juror didn't believe the guilty party should be punished at all? Read this portion of Senator Lamar Alexander's statement. These are the 2nd and 3rd tweets of Senator Alexander's 15 tweet statement, which was posted 3 hours ago:

"There is no need for more evidence to prove that the president asked Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter; he said this on television on October 3, 2019, and during his July 25, 2019, telephone call with the president of Ukraine." 2/15

"There is no need for more evidence to conclude that the president withheld United States aid, at least in part, to pressure Ukraine to investigate the Bidens; the House managers have proved this with what they call a "mountain of evidence." 3/15

Happens so regularly there's a term for it: jury nullification.

Jury nullification - Wikipedia

Have you ever heard of a trial being ended because the prosecutors were correct, but the trial abruptly ended anyway because one juror didn't believe the guilty party should be punished at all? Read this portion of Senator Lamar Alexander's statement. These are the 2nd and 3rd tweets of Senator Alexander's 15 tweet statement, which was posted 3 hours ago:

"There is no need for more evidence to prove that the president asked Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter; he said this on television on October 3, 2019, and during his July 25, 2019, telephone call with the president of Ukraine." 2/15

"There is no need for more evidence to conclude that the president withheld United States aid, at least in part, to pressure Ukraine to investigate the Bidens; the House managers have proved this with what they call a "mountain of evidence." 3/15
EL4xp25WoAECcok.jpeg

I haven’t watched a single minute of it , and yet somehow I feel just as informed as I was before it started . Odd I know.
I've turned it on maybe 4 or 5 different times, and.... Every. Single. Time. Shifty is saying the exact same thing... over... and over.... and over.

Alexander's statement is such a complete departure from what the Republican defense has been up until now... throw in the fact that they blocked a witness with firsthand knowledge from testifying and it's not a good look for Republicans... especially if Bolton's book contains what The New York Times has reported. They will take a political hit for this. We have such a short news cycle, though. We will probably be talking about some other new Trump scandal a month from now.
I think information will slowly leak out as we get near the election. There are tons of documents and the book, plus McGhan, and who knows what else Lev and Igor have to blurt out. Rudy's always good for a blunder or two and Trump will be tweeting.

Yes... from a political standpoint, the way this has played out works just fine for Democrats. Every poll that I have seen shows that an overwhelming majority of American people (even a majority of Republicans) wanted witnesses to be called during the Senate Impeachment Trial. Once Bolton's book is published, and assuming that he has further implicated Trump, it will only look worse for Republicans who are still defending Trump's actions and didn't want witnesses to be called.
keep that hope alive.

Reactions: AM64
Mitch needs to stack the deck today all in one. Chuckle boy is going to delay as long as he can. One vote on witness called is an hour per debate, or anything called by him is one hour debate on a resolution vote.

How would you interpret "after my election I have more flexibility"? And why would the Russian president state he'd transmit that to Putin, if he didn't understand what Obama was saying? Sorry, you have no clue what 44 other presidents have requested or agreed to with regards to elections.
What are you saying he did ? Was it good? Was it bad? Did Obama have flexibility? When Obama said "tell your boss", Who do you think the President of Russia thought he was talking about? Obama pretty much called him out for being a placeholder for Putin. Pretty savage if you ask me. To look the President of Russia in the face and pretty much say you're nothing more than a puppet was awesome. Do you have a similar story to tell about Trump? Maybe it goes something like this: Putin is a great guy, I trust him more than our own IC. thanks for your help smearing my opponent.

Can you find any evidence that any US President sought election help from a foreign country before Trump? If not I can say that no other president sought election help from a foreign country, Trump has done it twice. I will stick with what I know, maybe you should do the same. Your ignorance of what other presidents have done is no justification for what we know Trump did.

It is refreshing to hear the familiar but Obama "will have more flexability after the election" conspiracy that starts and ends with the same quote. It a conspiracy but we don't know what it is.

Last edited:
As long as Republicans will admit that what Donald Trump did was inappropriate (as Sen. Lamar Alexander just did), I don't have a problem with ending this now, even without witnesses and new evidence. What I have been looking for from the start was some acknowledgement from the Republican side that what Trump did was wrong. This is only one Republican senator, but it is at least something.

From Senator Lamar Alexander's statement, these are the two tweets that stand out and are hard to take issue with:

"It was inappropriate for the president to ask a foreign leader to investigate his political opponent and to withhold United States aid to encourage that investigation."

And...

"I worked with other senators to make sure that we have the right to ask for more documents and witnesses, but there is no need for more evidence to prove something that has already been proven and that does not meet the U.S. Constitution's high bar for an impeachable offense..."

It's very clear what Sen. Alexander is saying. The allegations themselves were not a hoax or some phony charge. They were the result of wrongdoing on the part of President Donald Trump, but they did not justify Trump's impeachment or his removal from office. I can live with that.
Well thank goodness they have your approval BB. We can all rest easy now. I’m just playing.

As long as Republicans will admit that what Donald Trump did was inappropriate (as Sen. Lamar Alexander just did), I don't have a problem with ending this now, even without witnesses and new evidence. What I have been looking for from the start was some acknowledgement from the Republican side that what Trump did was wrong. This is only one Republican senator, but it is at least something.

From Senator Lamar Alexander's statement, these are the two tweets that stand out and are hard to take issue with:

"It was inappropriate for the president to ask a foreign leader to investigate his political opponent and to withhold United States aid to encourage that investigation."

And...

"I worked with other senators to make sure that we have the right to ask for more documents and witnesses, but there is no need for more evidence to prove something that has already been proven and that does not meet the U.S. Constitution's high bar for an impeachable offense..."

It's very clear what Sen. Alexander is saying. The allegations themselves were not a hoax or some phony charge. They were the result of wrongdoing on the part of President Donald Trump, but they did not justify Trump's impeachment or his removal from office. I can live with that.
Too bad no one is House leadership could live with that

Also, this whole **** show has reinforced my opinion we need Congressional term limits, but we'll never see them because neither party wants to give up the power that comes with being a lifelong Congressional member. It doesn't serve the public to have the same people elected over and over again. It serves the partisan mindset of power.
Theres a procedure to get it on the ballot but I cant remember what it's called.

VN Store

Back