The Impeachment Thread

Well if he intends to do something about it he's really making a lot of extra work for himself. So I guess the question is which of his statements is more believable

1) he's easily going to cut the entire debt before leaving office

2) he doesn't care about the budget
We'll have to wait and see to find out, otherwise you are making an educated guess based on what you believe and your own disposition.

My guess is he'll do something eventually but it won't be enough. Maybe he'll be more flexible after the election.

Reactions: vols40 and AM64
No one should truly want that. He's .500 now but what's rumored to be on deck will drop that like a rock

Courts shouldn't be places of partisanship anyway. To judge something fairly requires neutrality. I could be wrong, but it always seemed that left leaning judges started the trend toward anti neutrality ... a practice they may soon wish they hadn't started.

I deal with specifics and let me show you an example that flies in the face of what you're saying and shows you the blowback he received just for trying to contain spending:
specifically, why do I care about the blowback he received? Maybe the job is too big
Simply put, the left would not let him cut spending. He tried and tried again.

Now, if he gets this much resistance just trying to cap a few gov't expenses, can you imagine the kind of blowback he'd receive if he tried to really fix our budget problems and get entitlement spending under control?

Here's the bottom line: it's the left here in America that is the impediment to spending cuts, pure and simple.

Trump proposes pay freeze and retirement cuts for federal workforce – Government & civil service news
Blaming one side is a lie. Gop had all of Congress and the WH and didn't get anything meaningful done.

We'll have to wait and see to find out, otherwise you are making an educated guess based on what you believe and your own disposition.

My guess is he'll do something eventually but it won't be enough. Maybe he'll be more flexible after the election.
I'm making an educated guess based on observable results and actual data. I'm always told to ignore Trump's words and instead look at what he does. Is that still the case here?

I'm making an educated guess based on observable results and actual data. I'm always told to ignore Trump's words and instead look at what he does. Is that still the case here?
Yes and evaluate after he's done.

So who in your world of politics, has the answer?

Still waiting on that one. . . .

Reactions: AM64
This is what I can’t understand. They are jet lagging so much about Trump that it seems to be wearing them out. Stress day after day will do that to you. While Nancy is falling around, Trump is in Florida right now, playing golf He is getting exercise.

Nancy looks like she's had a rough day and has had one drink too much. Staff has to help her to her ride.
These people are old as dirt and why they still do this is beyond me....it's not like they need the money.

Sorry, but Trump has already loaded the lower courts for the next 30 years. Once he gets re-elected and controls the house and senate he'll load the supreme court with 2 more conservatives and it's game over liberals.
It will definitely change the country even more. All of this will give us a continuation of our freedoms. And that’ll keep the libs off of us for a long time. I’d even go as far as, it will fix families, and heal the wounds. Hopefully that will happen for a strong family base for decades to come.

Yes and evaluate after he's done.

So who in your world of politics, has the answer?

Still waiting on that one. . . .
Can't wait to see trillion dollar deficits turned to a surplus

I've said many times I believe someone like Amash would at least make a real effort at acting like a conservative in office. One of the few left

I've said many times I believe someone like Amash would at least make a real effort at acting like a conservative in office. One of the few left
OK, so what's his plan? Does he have one or what?

Nancy looks like she's had a rough day and has had one drink too much. Staff has to help her to her ride.
These people are old as dirt and why they still do this is beyond me....it's not like they need the money.
I think they’ve gone beyond and above to protect Hitlery here for this long, Imo. Why would you risk your health to continue this charade? Why on earth not use some common sense, and finally step away from Obama, Hitlery, Soros and take a long break to rest for the rest of their lives.

This is what I can’t understand. They are jet lagging so much about Trump that it seems to be wearing them out. Stress day after day will do that to you. While Nancy is falling around, Trump is in Florida right now, playing golf He is getting exercise.
Personally, I suspect some women swoon at the thought of a manly man such as Trump. And those two think about him a lot.

Yes, I was getting ready to suggest the same thing about what Trump says vs does. The big problem for anybody as president now as well as in the future is spending momentum. The spending momentum has built to such a level, it is going to be virtually impossible for anybody to turn around. It's the result of kicking problems down the road, implementing programs that continue in cost and were never adequately funded from the start, and playing the world's protector. How do you even put a failed program like Obamacare out of it's misery without disenfranchising and causing significant pain for most people. You can't stuff stupid government sponsored genies back into the bottle, and fools in DC keep letting new ones out.

It'll be okay. The US has been the standard currency for a long time and as long as we are the world won't let us crash. The rest of the world is sucking on our teets and don't have a better solution.

I think they’ve gone beyond and above to protect Hitlery here for this long, Imo. Why would you risk your health to continue this charade? Why on earth not use some common sense, and finally step away from Obama, Hitlery, Soros and take a long break to rest for the rest of their lives.

Exactly. They don't do it for money.

Personally, I suspect some women swoon at the thought of a manly man such as Trump. And those two think about him a lot.
I’m sure they do, but when your mind is on someone like Trump 24/7, and you see him playing golf, while you are angry everyday, that will put your health right down the drain.

Yes, I was getting ready to suggest the same thing about what Trump says vs does. The big problem for anybody as president now as well as in the future is spending momentum. The spending momentum has built to such a level, it is going to be virtually impossible for anybody to turn around. It's the result of kicking problems down the road, implementing programs that continue in cost and were never adequately funded from the start, and playing the world's protector. How do you even put a failed program like Obamacare out of it's misery without disenfranchising and causing significant pain for most people. You can't stuff stupid government sponsored genies back into the bottle, and fools in DC keep letting new ones out.

It's all Trump's fault.......didn't you get the memo? Trump has been in politics for 4 years now....it's all on him.

Reactions: AM64 and VolStrom
Pretty much this..........exactly. Well said. It's like never changing your car's oil for 20 years, and not realizing or caring your car engine is getting worse every year.. No administration has changed the oil in many years.

We discussed this the other day. Trump proposes slashing entitlements and the Dems call him out. $1.9T in savings. I am sure they would be open to dealing with Amish or some other conservative.

Trump Opens Door to Cuts to Medicare and Other Entitlement Programs

VN Store

Back