The Impeachment Thread

I too share your goal but after how Trump has been treated since his inauguration, how is he supposed to work with them? The WaPost ran an article at 12:19pm of Trump's inauguration Day that said the Dems were already plotting how to impeach him. The whistleblower was plotting a way to impeachment him. They surveilled his campaign before Election Day. They did the Mueller investigation. They completely trashed his SCOTUS nominee with every dirty report they could conjure up. The Press has been vicious towards him from the get go. How's he supposed to govern under those conditions? Do you expect him to consult with these sorts of people before he makes a move like killing an Iranian terrorist? Considering all this, it's truly amazing he's accomplished as much as he has
And when the left has shown their ass, I've called it out. But the truth is, Dems do represent a percentage of the American people. Unless we plan on splitting the country in half, the two sides need to find a way to work together. I'm not defending the actions of the left, or the actions of the right for that matter, but this is our elected government and they need to find a way to work together for the betterment of our country.

Of course the fault is shared, of course both sides are to blame; and that is precisely why it has to be put on a continuum, not just the parties but individuals.
When making your choice in a primary election, how well each candidate would work to close the gap should be a big consideration. That requires placing the candidates on a continuum.
The only way to fix it is for the candidates to know that working with the other side is a plus and not a negative.
The election of Trump was a loud and clear statement from the right that not only were they not interested in increasing bi-partisanship, but they were deliberately working to decrease it.
Blah, blah, blah. It's impossible to have a conversation with you because your starting point is not within the realm of reality.

When the dems once again can be serious about electing people to congress, then compromise and cooperation may be possible; but when you hold elections and elect people who are as likely to wear a bomb to work as to hold legitimate conversations, doing anything to the betterment of the country as a whole isn't real likely. And, yes, it's not one sided; but, damn, the left is a pack of loons. Fix social causes on your own; fix structural problems with government when absolutely necessary; otherwise, just stay out of the way and let people work.

You have to have some basic common ground for a starting point, and with the exception of members of congress using it to enrich themselves, that common ground doesn't exist. You'd likely see more cooperation between diehard Tennessee and Bama fans agreeing to fix a football game than you'll find in congress. Generally you have to agree that there is a problem before you can fix one, and congress can't even seem to get to that point.

I tried to include a couple of other posts with Weezer's and failed miserably ... I'd appreciate a "how to".
Both sides see the other side as loony. Hell, I see loons on both sides in Congress. Maybe it slants a bit more to the left right now IMO(as to who has the most loons), but both sides do have them.

How Maxine keeps getting elected is truly beyond reason.

Reactions: AM64
the divide between the followers of the 2 parties is wide but there is little difference in the goals of the actual parties. They simply want power and choose to buy it in different ways. A lifelong dem being the head of the gop should show this is all theater
What is this world coming to when I agree with PJ on something, lol.

It's not at all fair to say that Trump is driving up deficits. Check your Constitution and figure out who controls the checkbook in America. Tax receipts are projected to increase nicely in FY 2019 and 2020.

Here's the truth on the deficit:

Dems and Republicans don't agree on much nowadays but one thing they both agree on is the current budget. The budget passed by wide bipartisan margins and it included huge deficits. Neither party wants to address this. Neither one
Who signs off? You do realize he can reject it right?

Look how much our norms have shifted. Remember when everyone was outraged when Bill Clinton--who was not an elected official of any stripe--talked with AG Lynch on the tarmac? The Fox News crew lost their minds. Now, we have come to the position that if the president wants his political opponent investigated, the "proper" way to do it is through the AG. So in other words, as long as everything is kept "in house" you can conduct all the politically motivated investigations that you want. This is absurd.

Look how much our norms have shifted. Remember when everyone was outraged when Bill Clinton--who was not an elected official of any stripe--talked with AG Lynch on the tarmac? The Fox News crew lost their minds. Now, we have come to the position that if the president wants his political opponent investigated, the "proper" way to do it is through the AG. So in other words, as long as everything is kept "in house" you can conduct all the politically motivated investigations that you want. This is absurd.

The norms shifted when one party decided the steel dossier and everything that went with it , was the best route to take to make sure Trump doesn’t win an election. That’s when the norms shifted . We can trace everything back to that point in time . A decision was made that this is how it’s going to be .

Wow, what an amazing piece. Other than the copious quotes, this seemed to be the entirety of the analysis:

"We get it. You think the president should be removed from office. You don't have that sole power. The Senate does. Time to move on, Schiff. The people want Congress to go back to work."

Just a truly amazing, "on the merits" engagement with Schiff's arguments.

We want Congress to go back to work sending legislation to the Senate to never see the light of day.

If it's that much and that bad, why aren't they actively tightening up the ship?

Wow, what an amazing piece. Other than the copious quotes, this seemed to be the entirety of the analysis:

"We get it. You think the president should be removed from office. You don't have that sole power. The Senate does. Time to move on, Schiff. The people want Congress to go back to work."

Just a truly amazing, "on the merits" engagement with Schiff's arguments.

Well, IF you liked the article so well that I found you didn't give me a like? Thanks, in advance.
I bend over backwards trying to make you loonies happy and I get nothin. :rolleyes:

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
WTF pray tell does John RINO McCain have to do with the impeachment? I know Trump didn't like but neither did a bunch people.

Reactions: FLVOL69

VN Store

Back