The Impeachment Thread

Yeah, that sounds like a good retort and all, but if people want to see Mitt Romney destroyed for standing up to Trump, cult is a perfectly appropriate word.
On that I agree. The reaction is over the top. He's a Senator. He gets a vote. The people of Utah knew all about him when they voted for him.

I fully understand that his abnormality was his selling point. That's why it's so disingenuous now for people to try and normalize him.
The fact is - he is not normal.
A secondary fact is - trying to normalize him now is dangerous and wrong.
You're a loser. Accept it and move on.

Reactions: vols40
On that I agree. The reaction is over the top. He's a Senator. He gets a vote. The people of Utah knew all about him when they voted for him.
Mitt Romney should be removed from office in an election. He has a right to have an opinion, even if it was inconsistent or disagreeable in the eyes of GOP Utahians(?), Utahpi(?).. idk.

You're argument was "Obama hampered the recovery at almost every turn with ACA".

In hogland, I guess adding jobs hampers economic recovery. If there are companies out there that were teetering on the 49 - 50 employee range because of uncertainty with the ACA and we're supposed to cater to that extreme minority because they might add one job is a stupid argument to make. I guess there are 500 thousand of those type of businesses in hogland.

Mick when it comes to business you are doltish.

Reactions: AM64
Agreed. To be clear, I do not think ‘cult’ applies to all Republicans who are backing Trump (or those who consider the republicans the lesser of two evils). But I definitely think it does apply to those who consider his opponents to be “traitors” or those who regard life long republicans as “tools of the left” for no reason other than dissent.

Mitt Romney should be removed from office in an election. He has a right to have an opinion, even if it was inconsistent or disagreeable in the eyes of GOP Utahians(?), Utahpi(?).. idk.
There's the dilemma. Does Romney represent himself or his constituents who elected him?

On this point, he represented himself, and, apparently from his pubic statements, with good reason.

Whether you believe him or not, is an individual decision.

Nonetheless, due to his vote, he has made his place in history and has made his position as a Senator pretty much irrelevant. He might as well be an Independent.

iu

Reactions: AM64
There's the dilemma. Does Romney represent himself or his constituents who elected him?

On this point, he represented himself, and, apparently from his pubic statements, with good reason.

Whether you believe him or not, is an individual decision.

Nonetheless, due to his vote, he has made his place in history and has made his position as a Senator pretty much irrelevant. He might as well be an Independent.

iu
Technically Romney is supposed to represent the state of Utah. And a representative is not supposed to simply be a mouthpiece for who they represent. That's defacto majority rule. We do not want that form of government.

Reactions: Septic
I did, sorry that you do not have the mental capacity to understand it. If I need to I'll did you up some articles with pictures you can look at.
I'm sure you will find something suitable to your mental capacity in the meme forum. Truth be known, that's probably where you got your beliefs.

Technically Romney is supposed to represent the state of Utah. And a representative is not supposed to simply be a mouthpiece for who they represent. That's defacto majority rule. We do not want that form of government.
And yet, what do they run on?

Inquiring minds want to know.

VN Store

Back