The Impeachment Thread

....and he is usually pretty reasonable. He won't defend Trump for just anything, and as a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, he has been critical of several of Trump's nominees for the federal judiciary. I guess standing next to Trump at a rally brought out the flunky side of him.
Have to admit I wasn't familiar with him...we have a wild one set for Bama..Tommy Tuberville...Roy Moore...and Jeff Sessions..should be a fun race

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Have to admit I wasn't familiar with him...we have a wild one set for Bama..Tommy Tuberville...Roy Moore...and Jeff Sessions..should be a fun race
I'm wondering if Trump endorses Tuberville? He probably won't endorse Moore, because he has already lost to Doug Jones once. He probably won't endorse Sessions because he was his whipping boy as Attorney General... but I just wonder if Bama fans will embrace Tuberville? That does look like an interesting race.

Testimony: How Trump helped Ukraine
One notable and little-reported conclusion emerging from the House Democratic impeachment proceedings is a consensus among some foreign policy professionals that President Trump's Ukraine policy has been an improvement over President Barack Obama's.
Ukraine was an occasionally hot issue in the 2016 campaign for all the wrong reasons. At the Republican convention, a false headline in the Washington Post, "Trump campaign guts GOP's anti-Russia stance on Ukraine," gave birth to a false narrative that candidate Trump, desperate to appease Vladimir Putin, would undermine U.S. support for Ukraine in the face of Russian aggression.
Then Trump became president, and his administration enacted a new policy that not only continued a broad range of assistance to Ukraine but also expanded that aid to include the provision of Javelin anti-tank missiles — the so-called "lethal aid" that the Obama administration had declined to provide.
The Trump aid program has significantly helped Ukraine defend itself against Russia, according to three career foreign policy officials whose impeachment investigation testimony has been released in recent days: William Taylor, the highest-ranking American diplomat in Ukraine; Kurt Volker, the former U.S. special envoy for Ukraine; and Marie Yovanovitch, the former ambassador to Ukraine who was recalled by Trump in May.
Start with Taylor. Questioned by Republican lawyer Steve Castor, Taylor called Trump administration policy a "substantial improvement" over what came before.

I'm wondering if Trump endorses Tuberville? He probably won't endorse Moore, because he has already lost to Doug Jones once. He probably won't endorse Sessions because he was his whipping boy as Attorney General... but I just wonder if Bama fans will embrace Tuberville? That does look like an interesting race.
Anybody but Moore is fine by me...shocked how many down here still support himself

Reactions: BigOrangeD
I'll do my part first time voting in a federal election in a state other than TN
I live in TN but if I tell them I am voting for the dem would they let me come in and vote anyway? Of course I would actually vote for the R when I actually got in the booth.

Reactions: VolnJC
Trump has already said that he would campaign against Sessions for recusing himself and setting the Mueller investigation into motion.

afb110419dAPR20191104044506.jpg

Have you folks noticed that the Dems have tried to impeach every Republican President since Eisenhower, except for Gerald Ford?
When did they try to impeach either of the Bushes?

...and articles of impeachment were never drawn up against Ronald Reagan either, although Iran/Contra definitely merited some, and the Democrats controlled both the House and the Senate at the time.

VN Store

Back