The Impeachment Thread

Reactions: BigOrangeD
No, he isn't. Nothing in his history in any way qualifies him to be the President of the United States. He is the mayor of a college town, a little over half the size of Knoxville. He should try running for Governor of Indiana and if successful, give the presidency another shot in 12 to 16 years. He is young and has more than enough time.
Why wait until you are old and not as mentally strong? You have to be 35 to be President and I think that you shouldn't be allowed to be over 62 when you take office.

It is meatier than real estate agent/tv reality star. Though, that's a terrible measuring stick for leader of the free world. Perhaps you're right but perhaps we need someone who is not yet corrupted by influence and power.
It's also better than community organizer, college professor, and junior senator.

That doesn't tell us much other than a "handful" of Democrats introduced articles of impeachment against 5 of the last 6 sitting Republican Presidents but except for Nixon, none of them were taken seriously. For the record, a handful of Republicans in the House also introduced articles of impeachment against Barack Obama that weren't taken seriously and didn't go anywhere... and obviously, Bill Clinton was impeached. The Democrats have only had 3 Presidents since 1969. Technically, Republicans impeached one of them, and tried to impeach another.

READ: Testimony Of Deputy Assistant Secretary Of State George Kent

House investigators have released the deposition by Deputy Assistant Secretary of State George Kent, who talked behind closed doors about the Ukraine affair.

According to those who heard his testimony, Kent told investigators that the White House picked "three amigos" — diplomats Gordon Sondland and Kurt Volker, and Energy Secretary Rick Perry — to run Ukraine policy.

Investigators have been told that President Trump wanted to pressure the government of Ukraine to commit to investigations that could help him in the 2020 election.

The "amigos," per Kent, were considered more politically reliable to help execute that policy — along with Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani — than other professional national security and diplomatic staffers.

House investigators have released the deposition by Deputy Assistant Secretary of State George Kent, who talked behind closed doors about the Ukraine affair.

According to those who heard his testimony, Kent told investigators that the White House picked "three amigos" — diplomats Gordon Sondland and Kurt Volker, and Energy Secretary Rick Perry — to run Ukraine policy.

Investigators have been told that President Trump wanted to pressure the government of Ukraine to commit to investigations that could help him in the 2020 election.

The "amigos," per Kent, were considered more politically reliable to help execute that policy — along with Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani — than other professional national security and diplomatic staffers.
I think I said it at the time, but Volker’s testimony sounded to me like an uncharged co-conspirator who was trying to remain uncharged.

Edit: looks like I did not say that here at the time.

Last edited:

Nothing here as usual.

Reactions: FallCreekVols
If you have to ask...
I don't agree at all. My mother and father lived to be in their 90's and were sharp as a tack. I have even more worthless things stuck in my brain at age 69 than ever. I remember pretty much everything that ever happened to me, when it happened, what I was wearing as it happened , and what the weather was that day.

Reactions: BigOrangeD
I don't agree at all. My mother and father lived to be in their 90's and were sharp as a tack. I have even more worthless things stuck in my brain at age 69 than ever. I remember pretty much everything that ever happened to me, when it happened, what I was wearing as it happened , and what the weather was that day.
Quiz: Were they Fruit of the Loom or Hanes?

remembering that you used to walk to school 15 miles, one-way, up hill and in the snow doesn't qualify as having a good memory

Reactions: RockyTop85

VN Store

Back